Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Rhapsodia & V Interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Suikoden Rhapsodia & V Interview Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if this has been posted already or not but if it has feel free to delete it :) Here is an interview with kawano and director Osamu Komuta

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/genso-suikoden-tactics/652062p1.ht ml

Talks about Rhapsodia, the Suikoden 1 & 2 port, and Suikoden V. Also mentions the artist for V is neither kawano nor Ishikawa, but someone new :) Anyways enjoy!

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may have been mentioned elsewhere but I haven't seen it. the interview is pretty interesting actually, thanks Pesmerga.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting. Thanks.

Tricky tricky--when asked about when and where the game takes place they answered the where but conveniently dropped the "when" part. Blast them *shakes fist*
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We can guess when to some extent. Georg is in there, and that's all we needed to know.

A new artist doing the character designs, huh. No wonder I couldn't see Ishikawa in all the artwork revealed so far. Whoever is doing it, he/she is pretty good.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something I noticed, which kinda dissapointed me, was the translation of Falena to Farina. I don't know if it was just that site mistranslating it, or if that will be the official name.

As for time period, I'm guessing after 3. Since it was said there will be some answers for Suikoden Fans if they look for them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty sure that its just a mistranslation on the Gamespys part since they had the interview and thus had to translate it from japanese to english ;)

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm that last part about which next gen console next game will be to was kinda disturbing. They better realese it on PS3 or Revolution. I dont want to buy XBox 360 just for the Suikoden series (but of course I will). Other than that it seemed very promising. I'm really looking forward too both Rhapsodia, Suikoden 5 and the PSP version of Suikoden 1and 2.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The interview didn't really give us that much more information then what we already knew. Of course, that's what I expected...

I am beginning to get excited about Rhapsodia. I didn't really know that much about it, until I could finally view that trailer....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm interesting that it's a new artist. I really want to know who the artist did and see if there's anything else of their work floating around ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Something I noticed, which kinda dissapointed me, was the translation of Falena to Farina. I don't know if it was just that site mistranslating it, or if that will be the official name.

I think even if this was the case, i could never bring my self to call it anything other than Falena. We have been referring to the Queendom of Falena for so long by that name that anything else would never sound right to me.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Its probably just a mistranslation cuz I heard somewhere that the L sound doesn't exist in the Japanese language so it sounds like "Farena".
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am hoping that it's a mistranslation. I will serioiusly cry if they translate it to Farina. We don't need any more confusions about Blue or Pale Gate Runes and Cyndar and Sindar.

Everytime the american translators mis-translate something, a meanie throws a boot at one of those cats that sing on the fences. Remember the poor defenseless, yet probably drunk, kitties when you translate things!

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the reason they kept suikoden on playstation systems was because you can transfer data better that way..
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also cringe when it comes to translations. I don't mind incorrent translations so much when it's just a simple Japanese -to-English issue (like Exorcism Rune being called Resurrection Rune or Mathers being called Mazus). But it really makes me angry when they're inconsistent with previous games. Suikoden 1 and 2 were translated by the same person/people so this wasn't an issue. But Suikodens 3 and 4 were filled with inconsistencies with previous games.

Cyndar/Sindar, Outlands/Nameless Lands, Roaring Brotherhood/Howling Voice Guild, Rune Sage/Rune Master, Rune Orb/Rune Crystal, Combination Attack/Unite Attack, Furfly/FurFur, Adonis Attack/Pretty Boy Attack...these kinds of things irk me >_< It shows that the translators have never played the games before. Which is to be expected from a small series like Suikoden. It ticks me off that Final Fantasy games have had the same names for thier monsters, spells, items, etc. for most of the series and not Suikoden.

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be Farina!

They should like...hire a translator that has played the previous games or is a fan or something. Unlikely, but it would really help.

^Actual quote!
LightPhoenix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
As for time period, I'm guessing after 3. Since it was said there will be some answers for Suikoden Fans if they look for them.

I think that's the least likely scenario.

We know Georg is wanted for killing a Queen of Falena (Richmond, S2). It appears that the Queen of Falena in S5 is crazy, and will end up being a major enemy (S5 preview). We also know Georg is on the Hero's side, at least for some time (S5 preview).

Putting this all together, it's a fairly safe assumption, IMO, that S5 takes place sometime previous to S2. It could between S1 and S2, or before S1, but it is almost certainly before S2, and by virtue of that, S3.

Georg is 41 (Richmond, S2), which sets a lower bound, assuming he has no true rune, of about 30 years previous to S2, although 25 might be a safer guess. That would make him 16 in S5. I'm inclined to go later than that, only because he seems to be somewhat older in the trailer than 16. Still, 25 years previous to S2 as a lower limit.

IF that's Lorelai in the trailer, she's 28 in S2 (Richmond) which sets an absolute lower limit of 20 years, making her 8 in S5. More than likely she's at least 16, so 12 years prior to S2 would make a more sensible guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: