Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 6] Grassland vs Zexen between Brass and Zexen Forest [Completed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: [Phase 6] Grassland vs Zexen between Brass and Zexen Forest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a historian, having the opportunity to witness a battle unfold is an opportunity that can not be missed, especially when nations are putting much of their future at stake. As I watched from a hill a safe distance away from the battlefield, the tension was already clear; the armor-clad Zexen army, numbering in the hundreds of thousands, busily formed their ranks at the west side, while the colorful Grassland clans appeared out of the forests to the east, also numbering hundreds of thousands; this was going to be a decisive battle.

As I anticipated for the battle horns to hail the start of the melee, a single cavalryman rode forth from the Zexen ranks. From the fact that the rider held a massive scythe, it was clear that this was former Zexen council leader, Gaara. Gaara stopped mid-way and raised his weapon. Promptly, the Zexen marching band drummed a heroic beat, signaling Zexen's intention for a duel. I was able to see some disturbance in the Grassland ranks as Gaara stood defiantly.

Suddenly a foreign banner was seen moving through the Grassland ranks. The banner, based on my knowledge, belonged to one of the Nameless Lands tribes. A figure in long blonde hair clad in a green cape emerged from the Grassland ranks, walking towards
Gaara. It seemed like some words were exchanged, but I was too far away to hear exactly what was said, however, it was apparent that a duel was about to begin as Gaara disembarked from his steed and brandished his weapon.

In order to witness this at a closer range, I moved closer to the battlefield despite the risks. This was an opportunity I could not miss.

Gaara made the first move, lunging forward with his scythe. However, the man in the green cloak quickly performed a complex somatic gesture, seemingly invoking an extremely powerful earth magic protection. Stratospheric magical diagrams surrounded him as Gaara's weapon stopped mid-air, not able to reach the cloaked man.

It seemed like Gaara was trying to free his weapon from its magically suspended state, but he let go after a while, seemingly giving up on his weapon.
Instead, he himself performed somatic gestures, raising his fist into the sky as flames started to flicker around his body. Then with a flash, snakes of fire lunged forward from Gaara's palm, twisting and turning towards the green cloaked man. The man raised his hands against the flames--the air around him suddenly shimmered in a translucent haze; as the flames struck him, the fires simply avoided the man as if hitting against a solid wall. It was truly an impressive display of wizardry; obviously, the green cloaked man used an earth rune to shield himself from that magic.

What came after this surprised me greater. The green cloaked man slammed his fists together, and upon that cue, a scythe-like symbol appeared over his head. It was a darkness rune; rarely seen and only usable by the best of mages. Two dark globes appeared on the left and right side Gaara, immediately launching black tendrils towards Gaara. Gaara writhed in agony as each orb attempted to tear his soul into twain. Even from afar I was able to see his spirit being extracted from his corporeal body. The green cloaked man held out a crystal, from which magical light glowered with prismatic pulsations.

At once I was able to notice that this crystal was a rare Sorcerer Rune; an improved version of the Wizard Rune that had the power to exponentially increase the bearer's magical powers. It seemed like the Nameless Land wizard was using this artifact to boost his magic power.

It seemed like Gaara noticed this as he tried to resist the pain; I was able to see his eyes fixed on the crystal. The next moment, he grabbed a dagger from his belt and cast to forward. The dagger hit the crystal held by the cloaked man, shattering the sorcerer rune! What masterful skill!! The cloaked man seemed shocked, but it seemed as if he has already finished his task-- Gaara was not moving; his outstretched arms immobile. He collapsed into the ground, which signaled the end to the duel. The green cloaked man quickly retreated amid cheers, and Zexen commanders rushed forward to pick up their defeated champion.

Only later on did I learn that the green cloaked man was called Gremio, a sorcerer of medium skill in the Nameless Lands. It seems he won through the use of the sorcerer crystal; I can imagine how Zexen citizens will find this to be a cruel trick, but of course in history, the victor holds the pen to the parchment.

Grassland Wins this Turn!

Last edited by Vextor on Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Grassland vs Zexen Confederacy at between Brass and Zexen Forest]
----=<Round 1>=----
Celes Tilly's Regiment (Crossbowmen) and Marshmallow's Regiment (Infantry) engage in battle!

Marshmallow's regiment suffers 17156 casualties, leaving them with 17843 soldiers, while Celes Tilly's regiment suffers 11517 casualties, leaving them with 56483 soldiers.

Celes Tilly's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
Kalidor's Regiment (Cavalry) and Beast Rune's Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

Beast Rune's regiment suffers 17497 casualties, leaving them with 10503 soldiers, while Kalidor's regiment suffers 12365 casualties, leaving them with 20635 soldiers.

Kalidor's regiment wins!

Grassland: 2 wins.
Zexen Confederacy: 0 wins.

Grassland wins this turn and successfully gains Zexen Forest!!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Grassland]
Round 1: Celes Tilly (Crossbowmen) 68000 - 11517 = 56483
Round 2: Kalidor (Cavalry) 33000 - 12365 = 20635

[Zexen Confederacy]
Round 1: Marshmallow (Infantry) 35000 - 17156 = 17843
Round 2: Beast Rune (Cavalry) 28000 - 17497 = 10503
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: