Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

FF-XII
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: FF-XII Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know about the plot of this game and if they do will they share it with me? I like knowing a little about the stories of the RPGs that i wll purchase.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can read all that's available on sites like FFXIIonline.com and also at places like this as well as the affiliates listed on the side.

Among things you will read on that second site is that it will not be released in Japan in the Spring, and that S-E plans to start releasing 10-12 products per year from now on. I am upset that the game has no release despite having been in development for I'd say close to 3 years now, but I am happy at the other news.

Ahem...
Quote:
A warrior takes sword in hand,
Clasping a gem to his heart.
Engraving vanishing memories into the sword,
He places finely honed skills into the stone.
Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone...
Now the story can be told...

That is the story of a world called Ivalice.

The strong military kingdom known as the Arcadia Empire
That rules the Valentia Continent,
And the Rosalia Empire that rules the Ordalia Continent
Have been continuously at war for long years.

In the midst of it, Arcadia Empire invaded the small kingdom of Dalmasca,
Positioned in the hallway between the two continents and thus is geopolitically important.

Under the invasion of the Arcadia Empire, the Dalmasca Kingdom accepted defeat.
But Ashe, the rightful heir to the trone of Dalmasca,
Joined the resistance army movements to fight against the empire.

The enemy's chase and attack of this girl with the liberation of her mother nation in heart is severe,
But, she can not be defeated.
At this moment, she meets the young man Vaan.
With this meeting, begins the change in Ashe's heart.

And thus...

The meeting of these two people will greatly change the story of this world.

That's all that's known of the story so far, aside from the characters, which I'll let you read up on yourself (In the age of Google you really don't have to ask anymore questions about anything). Don't expect to see it until Christmas of this year, and that's if we're lucky. S-E is releasing alot of other games..the new DQ game, Kingdom Hearts II and so on, and basically it doesn't want FFXII to outsell all of these 10-1 like it would if released at the same time. This makes sense from a business standpoint, but come on, S-E! just give us the damn game!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its good to see the final fantasies make "real" countries. its pretty cool. You get that feeling in Tactics, and now its being revisited, quite a bit. its a real world now. not that I hated all the other palces in FF world history, I mean 5 had countries and stuff, It would be cool to take those kingdoms, and put them in a world to. just not on the same continent.

anway the eyesonff looks like a good site, intersting convosations on the forum.
they are lucky

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad to see them spending a lot of time on development. It will hopefully make up for a certain blunder *X-2*. 10-12 per year? Bet you that most are subpar, but KH2 and DQ should be good though.

I remember hearing a rumor about XII a while back: The video game world that the kids in FF Tactics Advance got sucked into (and the game they called "Final Fantasy") was that of FFXII. Can anybody confirm/contradict this?

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey now. THere will be no ragging on X-2. That game was relentlessly fun.

XII, however, looks like a steaming pile of poo.

The characters seem boring to me. The plot wants to be FFIX really badly. THe battle system is, from all accounts that I've heard, horrendous...

Yeah. Not looking forward to this.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't knock games until I've played them and X-2's gameplay kept me playing, but the story was lame in my opinion. I've heard the battle system for XII is "different," which doesn't always equal bad mind you. Could be interesting. I actually haven't looked forward to a Final Fantasy game in some time. :(

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I completely forgot about this game for months. I only remember it when it's mentioned. That doesn't mean anything, but in a way, that could be very telling. I mean, I've never done that for any of the other games in the series.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting it, but keeping it might be a whole different matter. One never knows though. I never thought I'd be keeping X-2.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Hey now. THere will be no ragging on X-2. That game was relentlessly fun.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a game, regardless of whether it it positive or negative. I, personally, disliked Final Fantasy X-2 and couldn't find the motivation to play any more of it after six or six-and-a-half hours of play. But that doesn't mean I expect everyone else to dislike it.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or...I was joking? :)

Edit: Er...Joking about the "No ragging" thing. Not about finding it relentlessly fun.

Just thought I should clear that up.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
I remember hearing a rumor about XII a while back: The video game world that the kids in FF Tactics Advance got sucked into (and the game they called "Final Fantasy") was that of FFXII. Can anybody confirm/contradict this?

Yeah, according to the fansites, the world is known as Ivalice (I haven't seen the official English site yet, so those are all I go on), which is also the name of the world that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and the original Final Fantasy Tactics was set in. The game will have more in common with the former, as it contains many of the same races, including Judges, as well.

However, like all *good* Final Fantasy games, it has no other relation to FFTA. The storyline and locale is supposed to be an entirely separate entity.

Unfortunately, by the sounds of things, this particular version of "Ivalice" is going to be permanent for a while. In one particular interview (I can't remember the names of the individuals involved, so bare with me), it was revealed that possible sequel titles are already being lined up to be set in this world. It's unknown whether they will be storyline sequels, or merely games set in the same universe, but it appears very likely that the next few Final Fantasy games will take place in the Ivalice of XII.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well from my personal opinion I dont really care about the battle system or the music so long as it is not too incredibly hideous that it drives me nuts it is all about the story with rpgs like this. I play the games to work through the story and and find out what comes about all of the things that happen within the game and everything else take a side step. Until of course I have beaten the game and consider replaying it when I actually take a look at all of the little things that just add to the gameplay and then I choose. I mean I really enjoyed the game Disgaea for example with the the great story and all of the other little things within the game but when it came to replay value once you beat the game it was seriously lacking. I mean all you can really do with that game otherwise is continue to build the level of your weapons and such and really thats just about it I think anyway. Sure there are bonus dungeons and such which is fine the first time around but lose their interest value anyway. So that about raps it up anyways.

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game sounds good to me it's going to have something to do with wars and empires. Unlike the previous game *ahem FFX-2* where you had to run around as a happy go lucky girl.
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Unlike the previous game *ahem FFX-2* where you had to run around as a happy go lucky girl.

To be fair, FFX-2 was trying to be more lighthearted than FFX and other FF games. I can certainly understand why, but I do think the lightheartedness was what ended up hurting the game more than helping it. Course all the mini games didn't help any. There were some otherwise very dignified, strong, intelligent, and powerful characters(like Isaaru, Baralai and Nooj) that have been shafted in favor of "happy go lucky characters". I didn't mind an all female party, I just minded that it was the same three people.

Having too few people is just as bad as having too many.

As for FFXII, given that it's supposedly an indirect sequal to Final Fantasy Tactics, it should be much less lighthearted. Will have to see.
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the game sounds interesting

fun fact: final fanticy was named because when they maid it if it wasent a hit the company was going to go under. so it was the final repeat final chance for them :D
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, cool fact, Raven.

Well, i've been a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, so i'll want to get Final Fantasy XII. I had a few glimpses of it. It looks like a Final Fantasy IX-2, a direct sequel to FF IX. One of the reason was because Vaan, looks like Zidane. He just does. So maybe this will encourage some of you to get it. But i liked FF VIII better than FF IX. But i will give it a chance and see how it turns out. Hopefully, it won't have a mediocre battle system as FF IX did.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: