Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

DDR

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: DDR Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone ever play the Dance Dance Revolution games? If so what are your favorite songs and how good are you. I can do all heavy songs on Max 2 and extreme. I haven't play Max one that much. My favorite songs are So Deep, Breakdown, A, and 321 Stars.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't play that often, but I've gotten a bit better since I started. I'm up to a C rating now. :P

What I want to see is someone doing Irish line dancing on DDR. That would be entertaining. I'm thinking of trying it out so that I can show off when cosplaying as Bishop Sasarai.(more for the character of the character than actual Harmonian dance. Calm, collected, and with mad skills.) Now seriously, who wouldn't want to see Bishop Sasarai duking it out on a DDR machine with a hint of Irish Line dancing?

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love DDR. My favourite songs are: Break Down, A, Butterfly, Freckles, and So Deep

DDRs I have:

Dance Dance Revolution (US)
DDR 5th Mix (Jp)
DDR Disney Mix (US)
DDR MAX (US)
DDR MAX 2 (US)
DDR Extreme (US)
In The Groove (US)

I've recently been playing In The Groove a lot, I personally think it's a lot better then DDR. I can do most 7-8 foots, and a few 9 foots (Like Break Down and Kakumei).
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best song is "Let's Groove Tonight"... baww baww baww.. baww... baww. Good lord can I cut a rug to that song. :mrgreen:

I've only played the original version for PS2 and I could do all of the songs I liked on the heavy setting. I don't own the game, but me and my ex-girlfriend used to play it every day. We even made some video tape recordings of me busting loose doing it.

Not too long ago my sister told me her and her fiancee got it for her birthday. She asked if I wanted to come over and try it out and when I went nuts on it. They were all impressed.

DDR is one of my favorite games and if I didn't live in a top floor apartment, I'd have it and play it all the time.

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get tired of Butterfly after a while. Sadly that's the only song whose title I know.

One song I do like, I don't know the name because it's in Kanji, has an insane beat to it. Even on beginner mode it's like you're on insane, then it slows down to molassas, then speeds right back up again.

The other song I like is roughly about 2 songs below Butterfly. It has a great beat, but for some reason, I can't seem to do to good on it. Usually it's because I have to stomp on the panels(stupid malfunctioning panels) with all of my 108lbs of myself. Stomping takes away speed.

Occasionally I do find a good machine with properly working panels, but those are few and seemingly far between.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I don't like dancing much well other than some romantic dances like Tango, but I always wanted to play this games to test my legs sort to speak but I don't have the space here now I have to make some and its not easy in my hellish bowel.

I can barley play Eye Toy Play with my space but I will give them a run in the future.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go to a random arcade and play it there. It'll be clumsy goings at first, but after a couple of games you get used to it.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think any local Arcades has DDR, they still got Pac man and Street Fighter here, at the best case Tekken 3.

Besides I would look ridiculous dancing in public with a machine knowing my self, but if I had experience I might have tried to show of, hehe.

EDIT: I wrote Packman instead of Pac Man hilarious. :lol:
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I said it's clumsy at first. It's more fun to play with a friend. Then you don't feel as embaressed if you're just starting out.

Where do you live? I've never heard of a place with arcades that didn't have DDR.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some god forsaken place in Europe is not in the US, if it was I'm sure I could find one.

Of course I haven't been in all places some might have noticed the change in the century and brought some, but rather than making a fool of my self in public and taking a poor soul with me, I rather make space (the room is big but is full of stuff that's why I'm out of space, moving them is a drag) for it and just embarrass my self.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You won't embarrass yourself at all. You might think you are but no one would think twice because most people aren't too good, and I've never met a really good person who would laugh or anything. But maybe everyone one I know is just nice. (But I doubt That)
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, has anyone played the new DDR? I think it's called Supernova or something like that. I tried it at a friend's house. I didn't really care for it. Maybe it's because I don't know the songs yet or something, but I didn't like hardly any of the songs on it. There might've been one or two that I liked, but that's about it.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so bad at DDR I'd fail training mode if I was allowed too. It's kinda sad, I'm able to expertly navigate myself in combat but can't move my feet to hit an arrow...
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Supernova ^o^ if its one thing I love it's DDR/ITG. DDR is crap---but the songs are good. To a degree anyway. I much prefer ITG since its alot easier on the seizure backgrounds, the eyes and bright lights, the arrows are more fun and challenging, and its just....cheaper since double can be played the same as single with a dollar. For Supernova though, the most recent DDR release, its a mixed bag for me. I dont own a cobalt flux pad yet so playing at home is alot harder then the arcade so I tend to not be as good. The console Supernova is alot better then its arcade counterpart since its has songs not featured otherwise. Its actually funner at home then in the arcade and I would reccomend it since you have to unlock mostly everything save for a good 10-20 songs at the beginning.

The arcade version...

The pads...SUCK. The syncing has been fixed in arcades that got supernova but I'll never dance on that machine ever again. Its notoriously difficult to do crossovers on it since half the time the arrow on the metal pad does not register.

Currently I own DDRMax2, Supernova, DDRExtreme2, and ITG. My favorite songs are Burnin the Floor, Naoki 1988, The other side (Radio Mix), Flowers, Tinos white Horse, Heaven is a Place on Earth, Moon, Put your faith in me, Shining Star, Doll, Mugen, and Xepher---and fascination MaXX (Though i wont be playing that for a veeeeeeeery long time)

I play Heavy mode, breaking near solidly into the 10's range. I cant do alot of the 10's yet cause being a lazy girl my stamina doesnt last as long as I'd wish it would. I'm a modder and hogger with Boomerang, Alternate, Dizzy, and Hide Targets (ITG) mods. Usually play on x3 speed. I just started doubles a few days ago and teaching myself to go across eight pads. I can do ...max...a 7 (medium on ITG, maybe a standard on DDR?) though my FA sucks terribly no matter what.

Anyone else scared of doing doubles and falling off the edge?

Who prefers ITG then DDR? Oh, while on the note. I was watching some girls at my arcade play on Supernova on beginner and they screamed when they missed the arrows. This one girl had bad coordination--I think she was new to DDR---and to my astonishment she got off the pad and walked away on the first song. She failed of course but unlike DDR in its previous mixes and machines---they didnt cut any slack it was instant fail. I mean, even ITG cuts some slack on the novice and easy mode (i think its easy as well) where even if you fail the song you can still play again.

And I'll shut up now. I just had sugar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: