Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falena the "eternal city"?. *spoilers*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Falena the "eternal city"?. *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Rune of Change
Current Owner: Unknown (Leader of the Sindar)

Past Owners: Unknown

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.

credit: www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

Actually this has been discussed already many times over. As it has been stated that falena is in the far south.. i've said this on the other thread and while i was watching the trailer oh just the short one i notice that the streets and pavement looks similar as of the sindar ruins in s3. [the aerial shot] where people are running and bridges over streets. could it be that falena is the "eternal city" that sindarians have long for.... or... how about killeys tribe? he wants to protect the treasures of the sindars could his tribe be the lost people of sindar. from the look of things we may very well uncover the truth or almost all of the truth about them. specially that another rune is supposed to surface after being silent sometime. that could very well be the Rune of Change.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bet you Killey's "native" tribe are the Sindarians.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still say to look to the lady with the black cloak. I think she is a Sindar. She might even be Jeane or some relative. She talks about reclaiming a rune. The sindars will be big in this game.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do think that Killy would be most likely related to the Sindar because he seems to want to protect the Sindaran treasure instead of keep it for himself. He is almost like the self-proclaimed protector of Sindaran ruins. But, the woman in the black cloak does seem interesting, as well.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, piecing what we have and using my own twisted logic, here is my full opinion:

The Crimson Bird Cult is an offset of the Sindars. Probably some who the Sindars encountered and entrusted a rune to them to protect, namely the Rune of Dawn. This Rune of Dawn, IMO, is connected to the phoenix since the aspect of Dawn and the phoenix are related. So when the city gets destroyed by the Queen, and the hero is entrusted the Rune of Dawn, the Sindar get suspicious and send Miss "I look like an evil, pyscho bitch, but I can turn good, I swear" to get the rune back. I am thinking the queen sends hero's group so they will be blamed for it, but she did it herself, ala FF4 with Cecil and Kain delivering the box. Then when she finds out that the queen did this destruction, she joins the hero's side and goes to the queen to "Place the right holder on the throne." This ??? lady could be the leader of the Sindar, but unlikely.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't the Queendom of Falena pretty well known though, as in its existence is not a secret.. so I doubt ic ould be the Sindar's "eternal city" because that would greatly take away the mysterious aura about them. Plus why would Killy be searching for info and treasure regarding the sindar people if he had lived in the "eternal city"? Maybe i'm seeing this all wrong, but the way it pieces together in my mind.. doesn't quite add up.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'm not saying that hte CBC is the Eternal city. I'm just saying it gives hints to the Sindar more than being the Sindar. Let me clarify: Falena =/= Sindar, CBC =/= Sindar
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Killey is not searching for treasure of the Sindaran people. He is looking for information on the Sindaran Ruins so he can protect the treasure within. And I don't know if the Eternal City is within the realm we know of. They continued to move south. If they found their Eternal City which it is stated that they did, then would they be the traditional Sindaran people from history? Maybe they blended in with the natives and assimilated their race burying all evidence of their past. Maybe that is why the Sindar people have not been discovered. It is too simple to just trace them South. I honestly think that the Eternal City may be a place outside the physical realm.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Eternal City was mentioned by the Fog Guide in Suikoden 4 though right? Leknaat or the Fog Guide mentions how that is where he is from, or something. If that is true, the Eternal City may be within the World of Emptiness or something.

And I don't think the city shown in Suikoden 5 is Sindarin. The Sindar have a lovely habit of putting Sindarin letters all over thier walls and I don't see any.

^Actual quote!
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
The Eternal City was mentioned by the Fog Guide in Suikoden 4 though right? Leknaat or the Fog Guide mentions how that is where he is from, or something. If that is true, the Eternal City may be within the World of Emptiness or something.

And I don't think the city shown in Suikoden 5 is Sindarin. The Sindar have a lovely habit of putting Sindarin letters all over thier walls and I don't see any.

so you mean they are not traveling from land and suddenly the sindars came across the world of emptiness. remember they came from the north, they travel on land. the ruins are evidences of this unless when they are wandering south suddenly they are transported to the world of emptiness. as for we couldn't see the letters on the walls or on the streets its because its an aerial shot or in other case a bird's eye view you would know what i'm pointing at i just find certain similarities when hugo is running around finding the dog in s3. if your stating that they may have ended in the world of emptiness then how did they get there? unless the rune of change has gate powers or can transport them their but no that's why the name is in the rune itself it needed change constant change that's why i believe they wouldn't end up in some world and just travel more if they didn't stop in falena or the village of the crimson bird.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But they did stop travelling. They stopped once they reached the Eternal City.

The World of Emptiness is not a hard place to get to it seems. Not only does the True Gate Rune lead to it but most of the monsters from Suikoden originate there.

The Sindar had very advanced knowledge of the world. They had extensive knowledge of True Runes for example, and they had invented motor engines and clockwork robots and such. I don't know the details (no one does) but it doesn't seem off that they would end up at the World of Emptiness. The Fog Guide could be Sindarin for all we know...he looked kind of "snakey" to me, and the Sindarin symbol is a two-headed snake.

^Actual quote!
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would believe that the Fog Guide is a Sindar, it would only make sense that a ship of their capability would carry something as dangerous as the Soul Eater. The Sindar quite possibly have a very strong connection to the conclusion of Suikoden as a whole. With all their knowledge of the Runes, Hikusaak must have sought one out. Perhaps that is where he is, their Eternal City.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: