Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

anyone else think the music in this sounds amazing so far?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So its a new composer who has the same style and flare. I want the midis now so I can start playing some of the music on my own. Could he be using some of the London Orchestra?? If he is, we do not have to worry at all about this music.
Frey

Dunans Heros

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i loved the music. But honestly what music from any suikoden game hasn't sounded great haha.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3 and some of Suikoden 4. Suikoden 3 did not have the "Hoorah!" feeling or the sadness feeling. It was just blah. 4 at some points were okay, and even others were good, but still lacked some flare.
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending music in Suikoden IV is my favorite end music out of all the games in the series. If only the rest of the game's soundtrack reflected that quality...
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending made me somewhat depressed, since if I am not mistaken, it was a remix of sorts of the "Theme of Sadness" from the earlier Suikodens.

Some of the songs from S3 reminded me of Suikoden. Possibly that Hurry! song that played when you were at one of those plains the night of the attack on Karaya, and that Alma Kinan theme music.

Most of the S4 songs I didn't feel like they stood out as the best, or Suikodeny feel. I liked the HQ theme probably the best...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

'm VERY impressed by the msuic so far. It looks like we are indeed back to Suiko 1&2 styled music. And "Wind of Pahntom"? Absolutley beautifull Peice.

I Don't care if it's a 3 year old composing. Whoever it is is doing a wonderfull job thus far.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the "Wind of Phantom" is really nice. The music that playes in the last bit of the trailer is nice as well, I couldn't tell if that was "Wind Phantom" or a whole different song...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Eric

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
He has brought back one of my favorite songs (Theme of a Moonlit Night).

Not necessarily. It is not uncommon for trailers to contain familiar music from previous installments of a series. It does not necessarily mean that the music will actually be in the game, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Not necessarily. It is not uncommon for trailers to contain familiar music from previous installments of a series. It does not necessarily mean that the music will actually be in the game, though.

Good point, Eric. Though it is still exciting to hear some of those older songs at any rate--it at least shows the people behind this game haven't forgotten about the older installments in the series. And even the new, original music from the game has a nostalgic feeling to it, at least I think so.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuuji Toriyama?? Hmm... the name sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I heard or read it from somewhere before. >__> Anyhow, I'm glad he's writing the music for Suikoden V. I like his style of music and I do agree that "Wind of Phantom" is a really nice piece. I was a bit surprised that Miki Higashino isn't doing the arrangements/compositions for the game since the music from the trailer sounds like something she would write. But so far, I'm impressed with Toriyama-san's works. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i am very impressed with the music. As i have said in another post, I got an old school feel from the music and it reminded me of suikoden 1 and 2 alot. Afer looking at everything we have been given so far, it seems to me that the directors and creators have really done an impressive job. You can already tell more time and consideration was taken on this project compared to Suikoden four. That is just my opinion, but i was never this impressed with suikoden 4 this early on.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahhh...the moon lit night theme is terribly nostalgic. Makes me wanna play S1 and S2 again. I hope they add the Suikoden main theme (plays during the intro of S1) the there somewhere. Just doesn't feel Suikoden without it. Is it just the Wind of Phantom theme paying the whole time during the trailer? The end sounded like it was different.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling that this will be one of the best RPGs for the PS2 when it comes out.

They are probably working overtime to make this game better then S4 was, so they don't lose any fanbase that they have.

Of course, if this game is praised everywhere, then we finally (without any blonde haired dudes with giant plastic swords and the like) might be as recognizable as Final Fantasy is, well without all the people dressing up like main characters that is...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What they need to do over here is advertise it like crazy.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally loved Suikoden 3's music. I own *cough*stole*cough* the soundtrack and listen to it every now and then. The two ending themes are especially great and there are two battle themes, the war theme and the final battle theme, that are among my favorite Suikoden songs.

Suikoden 4's music left a lot to be desired though. There are good tracks of course (final battle, final naval battle, beneath Middleport, others), but most of it is forgettable. The music of Suikodens 1-3 sticks with me.

Was anyone else reminded of The Sims when they went to Mordo and heard the music?

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: