Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The strange new rune in the S5 promo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: The strange new rune in the S5 promo Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to make suiko fan games but a got depressed and everything so that is not going to happen. But the blue rune in the sky of the S5 trailer looks like one I thought of the guy who founded warriors village was going to have it. The Rune of Righteousness or The Eye of the Beholder it would make you think your righteous so if you are rightous no probly, but evil and twisted you would to.I got this from the shape it could be a big eye
In fact it may not be a rune at all but some one trying to find you so they look through a big eye.I think the devil or some one in myths had that like The eye of hell. And it would watch people.

CLERKS
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think someone said that is the Dawn Rune, or something like that. Might be mistaken though... :?
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're shown three True Runes in the game altogether - the Sun Rune, the Rune of Dawn and the third which, to my knowledge, we haven't figured the name of yet. However, given the nature of the opening (we see the hero's eye with a rune twice - once red top, once blue bottom - a double sided rune? two halves of the same whole?) I'm tempted more to think the Rune we see with the hooded woman is the unnamed one.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would there be a Dawn rune.Dawn dosnet have power there is a night rune because it has dark power sun rune has light powers dawn is just them conveging so is dusk. They are just times of day there might as well be a Noon Rune that makes every one drink tea.

CLERKS
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dawn is daybreak. Look into history a little at the power that dawn and dusk held over people. Dawn brought new life to the world in the views of the old world, and dusk was the end of that life. A Dawn Rune would be invariably tied to the Sun Rune. There's nothing say that Dawn is necessarily a True Rune by itself; it may be a fraction of a Rune, or even something meant to balance the powers.

And if there's a Night Rune, there may as well be a Dawn Rune. Sun isn't opposed to Night; the Sun is more opposed to Moon.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

the Sun is more opposed to Moon.

And there is a Moon rune think why make a dawn rune it just isint needed. People like the dawn and dusk cause they are pretty in different parts of the world other times like at 4 when the light hits somthing was important. If they make a dawn or dusk rune they might as well make a 3 in th morning rune and in stead of an earth rune how about a tree rune and also make a leaf rune :roll:

CLERKS
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dawn is very important to many civilizations. Dawn represents birth and renewal. There was a goddess of Dawn in greek mythology even.

Quoting the famous repetitive lines in the Odyssey: "When the Rosey-fingered Dawn rose" they thought so much of Dawn that they gave it a epitome.

Having a Rune of Dawn is not that strange. Everything is renewed in Dawn. Creatures wake and life is back to the way it was. You forget that in the past everything stops at Dusk and business picks up again at Dawn.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. You can't just think of the concept that Sun, Moon and Night cover everything. A Rune of Dawn may be more than just a concept of time or amount of light. Think - dawn of life. Dawn of civilization. Dawn of time. Dawn is the beginning of something. People, in history, are always less afraid when dawn comes. It's not just any old time - it's potentially the most important time of day in the old human society before we figured out how to make it like day 24/7.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your explanation of the Dawn rune is the rune of the Beginning or at least th bright shield rune.

CLERKS
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I view it as different. The Rune of Beginning (Bright Shield) would be to start life, namely to "begin." My view of the Rune of Dawn would be more "rebirth" like a phoenix, more or less. Thinking like this, I can see the Resurrection Rune being the offset of this Rune of Dawn.

Moreover, with this view, I might be able to see a rune that would act like the Blue Moon Rune, but for the undead to surface.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The resurrection rune is born from the "Rune of Life and Death." Although somthing like the Phoenix Rune may be show Killeys people warship a Fire bird

CLERKS
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you sure about that? I thought the Darkness Rune was born from "Life and Death." I possibly could be mistaken, just making sure.

That there is a good point and would explain where the hero will get his own Rune.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I don't remember seeing an explanation of where the Ressurrection Rune was born from. The Rune of Life & Death really doesn't have both the properties of life and death; it seems to only have a control over when life ends, which would still allow it to be in control of life and death at the same time.

The explanation that the Dawn Rune, symbolizing the Pheonix, is sort of the point of worship for Killey's group has a strong potential behind it.

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think what you guys are forgetting about is that true runes have opposites, Blue Moon Rune is the opposite of The Night Rune, One is to keep vampires and one is to kill them. Sun Rune would have an opposite, which would seem to be Dawn.

The Darkness Rune is a lesser form of The Souleater, and the Resurrection Rune has not had a true rune yet. It might be the second form of the Rune of Punishment, because it has turned to Atonement, most likely having different spells.

About the Pheonix and Killey, everyone's guess is as good as mine. Hopefully it does have to do with Killey's cult and that we get to see him!

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Souleater has only been around death I think that if the hero was there when some one gives birth you would get a Mother Ocean spell instead of Hell. Also about that Pheonix rune I read that there are three True runes inthis one or it may have been three other besides your Sun.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: