Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 6] Tinto vs Island Nations at Huanan's Keep/Sun's Crest [Comple

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: [Phase 6] Tinto vs Island Nations at Huanan's Keep/Sun's Cre Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today was a very important day for the Tinto Republic. This was the battle not only to protect their new capital, but also to reconnect supply lines to their cut off territories in the east. You could see hunger in the eyes of Leb, leader of the Island Nations. He was ready to make this decisive strike and take Sun's Crest.

"I am going to lead my unit and make the first strike," Leb told his army. "We will show President Iscalio that we do not fear him. Njord, your unit will follow shortly after mine. Do not move until I give the signal." Njord nodded, and informed his troops of the plan.

With that, Leb and his 40130 archers quickly moved in range of the Tinto ranks. In response to this, PF led his 49000 cavalry towards Leb's unit with haste. Mounted soldiers were falling off their horses left and right as arrows rained down upon them. PF's ranks were quickly dwindling, but once they engaged in melee combat with Leb's archers the tide of the battle seemed to turn. Now it was the archers getting cut down by the horsemen. It was a bloody fight with many casualties, but in the end Leb's regiment suffers 44030 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while PF's regiment suffers 49000 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers.

Nearly 100,000 bodies lay on the ground, with only Leb and PF left standing. Without a word spoken between them, Leb lunged forward at PF. PF side-stepped his attack and swung his sword around to lash Leb's back with it. Leb screamed in pain, as PF moved in closer for the kill. However, Leb was too smart to fall for that. He quickly spun around and thrust his sword into PF's torso, grabbing it by the hilt with both hands and twisting it while it pierced PF's flesh. Leb removed his sword from PF's chest and began heading back towards camp, as PF fell to the ground coughing up blood.

Leb wins!

Njord, seeing his leader's unit almost annihilated, rushed onto the battlefield. "We must get Leb to safety quickly before the enemy comes for him!" Njord shouted.

"Njord! You fool! I did not give the signal!" Leb shouted in Njord's direction. He turned back around to see an unfamiliar unit advancing in the distance.

"Listen up rangers! We are going to move in front of Leb and shield him from the enemy as he retreats back to camp! Don't let up!"

As Leb's unit fell back, Njord led his rangers in front to meet the advancing army. But soon horror fell upon the faces of Njord and his rangers. Sars Ad-Minh, the infamous mercenary vampire, was here along with his cavalry.

"We fight for the Duke, we die for the Duke!!!" Njord shouted. "Hold your ground!"

The cavalrymen clashed with the rangers, and a most hectic battle ensued. The rangers managed hold out against the cavalrymen for a while, but it became clear that they were overwhelmed.

Njord's regiment suffers 44413 casualties, leaving them with 9587 soldiers, while Sars Ad-Minh's regiment suffers 21290 casualties, leaving them with 45710 soldiers.

Sars Ad-Minh's regiment wins!

Leb watched in awe as Njord's rangers were decimated. He had to make a decision quick; he could see magicians moving in closer. "Flik, take your archers and see if you can do any damage to those magicians." Leb ordered.

Flik moved his 203 archers into position, hoping to inflict some damage quickly and get away. His archers shot volley after volley, but could not seem to inflict much damage. "The Tinto royal guard, Queen is here!" Flik alerted the rest of the Island Nation army. Quickly after, his unit was devoured by magical storms.

Flik's regiment suffers 203 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while Queen's regiment suffers 31 casualties, leaving them with 31968 soldiers.

Queen's regiment wins!

Tinto: 2 wins.
Island Nations: 1 wins.

Tinto wins this turn!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Tinto]
Round 1: PF (Cavalry) 49000 - 49000 = 0
Round 2: Sars Ad-Minh (Cavalry) 67000 - 21290 = 45710
Round 3: Queen (Magician) 32000 - 31 = 31968

[Island Nations]
Round 1: Leb (Archers) 40130 - 40130 = 0
Round 2: Njord (Rangers) 54000 - 44413 = 9587
Round 3: Flik (Archers) 203 - 203 = 0

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...

Last edited by Wiseman on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars asked for a duel - and the penalty for declining this duel was not taken into account (at least I think so). Thus I think the Leb-PF battle might actually result in two annihilated units.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't receive any challenge.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If a dueler isn't submitted with battle plans, then it's assumed you decline any duel challenge issued.

As for the results, I didn't penalize the Island Nations for the declined duel. Bleh...I'll go recalculate it right quick.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, there was a dual annihilation between Leb and PF, but Leb won the tiebreaker (a duel is held between the generals of the annihilated units; in this case, Leb and PF dueled), and the victor is winner of the round. So the result stays the same, only Leb's unit can't be used again for the remainder of the battle because he has no remaining soldiers.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When was that rule made?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When we realized how time-consuming it would be to have to PM everyone who was challenged to a duel and await whether or not they wanted to accept, due to the sheer number of duel challenges that were being submitted. It was sort of a spur of the moment decision after all the DoIs were submitted, which is why the public wasn't informed at the time.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That change was mentioned in the thread below.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135562&highlight=duel+decli ned#135562

My apologies for these changes, but we're trying to work through all the changes as well, and the only way the system can be proofed is through actual application.

The concept of accept/declining duels was debated between Synchysis and myself, and the result was that it gives one side too much advantage when they have the option to choose whether to accept or decline. The intent to accept or decline can be made apparent when a nation sends a duelist by default; by giving another opportunity for choice, a nation can look into their enemy's strategy a bit too much.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Island Nations vs Tinto Republic at between Huanan\'s Keep and Sun\'s Crest]
----=<Round 1>=----
windchampionluc's Regiment (Infantry) and Sars Ad-Minh's Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

Sars Ad-Minh's regiment suffers 27 casualties, leaving them with 45683 soldiers, while windchampionluc's regiment suffers 93 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers.

Sars Ad-Minh's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
Futch's Regiment (Undead) and Acheron88's Regiment (Infantry) engage in battle!

Acheron88's regiment suffers 36000 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while Futch's regiment suffers 12148 casualties, leaving them with 47851 soldiers.

Futch's regiment wins!

----=<Round 3>=----
Njord's Regiment (Rangers) and Ganon Dun's Regiment (Infantry) engage in battle!

Ganon Dun's regiment suffers 19216 casualties, leaving them with 16784 soldiers, while Njord's regiment suffers 9587 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers.

Ganon Dun's regiment wins!

Island Nations: 1 wins.
Tinto Republic: 2 wins.

Tinto Republic wins this turn and successfully gains Huanan's Keep!!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Island Nations]
Round 1: windchampionluc (Infantry) 93 - 93 = 0
Round 2: Futch (Undead) 60000 - 12148 = 47851
Round 3: Njord (Rangers) 9587 - 9587 = 0

[Tinto Republic]
Round 1: Sars Ad-Minh (Cavalry) 45710 - 27 = 45683
Round 2: Acheron88 (Infantry) 36000 - 36000 = 0
Round 3: Ganon Dun (Infantry) 36000 - 19216 = 16784
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that it would change the outcome, but you can still used defeated units again in battle? Njord lost to SARS Ad-Minh on turn one, so we didn't really expect him in this turn.

Just for the sake of clarification, is this possible? Or is this some type of error?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well, blame us for not catching it. It's an error. The result will stand, however.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: