Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V interview with the producer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
into bringing Suikoden 1 and 2 to the PSP, we will add new things to them

*does a little dance*

Well, perhaps we'll get a Suikoden I similar to the Saturn release after all.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Matsukawa... was also in character of Suikoden II after Murayama left.

You mean, Suikoden III? Or did Murayama take a temporary leave during II's production?

Well, a senior producer and long time staff of the series. Guess he decided to take the fate of this series into his own hands from Kawano's.

That said, since Kawano is under him, is she involved with this game?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She might be in charge of the characters, since I think that's what she was in charge of before she became the producer.

The characters that I could pick out looked pretty good. I can't wait to see what else they will fix with characters.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matsukawa sure is cocky!

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The-Traitor-McDohl wrote:
Thief wrote:
I think that we're overestimating the creative role of producer. Kawano, though being the producer of SIV, was instrumental in SIV because she was the lead writer and the character designer.

Maybe. But a producer should have enough power to ensure that the game that their producing is actually any good. Kawano clearly didn't manage to achieve even that much, despite being the creative role and whatever.

Still, I won't be passing the final verdict until a translated copy of the game is in my hands. Virtually anything can go wrong between now and then.

Yes... and even though SIV was a dissapointment it was still worlds better than SIII which was just another "save the world from an evil madman" RPG. I expect Suikoden games to be based more on politics than standard RPG conventions; it's what set Suikoden apart from the rest in the first place.

Suikoden III was not a "another "save the world from an evil madman" RPG." Luc actually had his reasons, which you could emphasize with, and he was far from mad.

And matsukawa is the man. I like this guy.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that he can live up to the expectations all of us are giving him. All I hope for is that he can bring Suikoden out of the dump that the last one put the series in.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Thief wrote:
I think that we're overestimating the creative role of producer. Kawano, though being the producer of SIV, was instrumental in SIV because she was the lead writer and the character designer.

Maybe. But a producer should have enough power to ensure that the game that their producing is actually any good. Kawano clearly didn't manage to achieve even that much, despite being the creative role and whatever.

Still, I won't be passing the final verdict until a translated copy of the game is in my hands. Virtually anything can go wrong between now and then.

Yes... and even though SIV was a dissapointment it was still worlds better than SIII which was just another "save the world from an evil madman" RPG. I expect Suikoden games to be based more on politics than standard RPG conventions; it's what set Suikoden apart from the rest in the first place.

Suikoden III was not a "another "save the world from an evil madman" RPG." Luc actually had his reasons, which you could emphasize with, and he was far from mad.

And matsukawa is the man. I like this guy.

I'll agree with you cuz out of all the villains in games I've played Luc is probably my all time favorite because for one, he wasn't a mad man and had the best reason for being a villain and there was times you wanted him to succeed in his plot.

I hope this one is the deepest and it sounds like it will be. I remember the trailer for Suiko4 and most of it was like Hero4 talking to 1 person and you never see them...on this trailer you see the same people several times thruought. I can't wait.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Luc was probably my favorite as well. Most people enjoyed having him in the party during S1 and S2, then probably felt bad when you had to fight him.

The end was sortof sad when he and Sarah both died. I wish that they would've possibly been able to make it through the game...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's not venture off the topic please.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: