Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

anyone else think the music in this sounds amazing so far?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: anyone else think the music in this sounds amazing so far? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! The music is superb in the trailer. Who is doing the music?!
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The music is really good, isn't it? Kind of a throwback to how the older games sounded, in a way. Definately better than IV... ugh.
I know I saw who is doing it somewhere online, but I searched and searched and couldn't find it again. I'm sure someone knows... :?
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe its the person from 1 and 2. I can tell by just listening to the styles. This carries the same type of style that his music did. It starts with an H...not sure. But I am almost 100% positive its the same guy, unless this new guy can copy the style so well.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does sound incredibly similar and I must say I love it. Just the fact that it reminds me of the first two games is a good thing.

I still, to this day, randomly get the song from when you're walking around on the map in Suikoden I stuck in my head.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bbsting120 wrote:
The music is really good, isn't it? Kind of a throwback to how the older games sounded, in a way. Definately better than IV... ugh.

...I didn't think that Suikoden IV music was that bad. I enjoyed some of the musical works in IV, actually. =__=

Quote:
I believe its the person from 1 and 2. I can tell by just listening to the styles. This carries the same type of style that his music did. It starts with an H...not sure. But I am almost 100% positive its the same guy, unless this new guy can copy the style so well.

You mean 'Miki Higashino'. Wah~ That'll be so awesome if it's true. I enjoy listening to her works from the Suikoden II soundtrack and it'll be great to listen to her newer compositions. ^^

Last edited by h i k a r i a on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eric

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lai_Atreides wrote:

Higashino?

Miki Higashino is a she, right? Or am I mistaken?

And if it is Higashino, I'll be overjoyed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats it! Thats who is doing the music, I'm almost positive. You get that nostalgic feeling during the slow songs and the "Hoorah" during the faster songs. The compositions sound similiar with the use of the many instruments. I've been trained to pick stuff like that out. I might be wrong, but thats a 20% chance.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, those faster songs make me want to dance. ^^ Particularly the music they play when they show the hero and Rionne exploring.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Suikoden IV's music (*dies*), but I do agree this stuff sounds spectacular so far.

I don't know if its Miki Higashino or not, but I think if it isn't, whoever the composer is must be a big fan of hers.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its very similar to the music of S1 and S2 which is a good thing, i enjoyed the music from those two very much and im glad to see it returning.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1887.html

Quote:
TGS: New Suikoden V Details Released
09.17.05 - 3:37 PM

At its Tokyo Game Show booth Konami hold a stage event centering around its recently announced PlayStation 2 RPG Suikoden V. In addition to voice actresses Eri Sendai, Ai Orikasa and Junko Minagawa, executive producer Tominori Matsukawa attended the event. Matsukawa is a series veteran, but most recently he oversaw the development of the action title Oz. At today's stage event he revealed that Suikoden V's music is composed by Yuuji Toriyama, who is best known for his work on NHK's documentary "World Heritage". Suikoden V's soundtrack is being recorded in London. The demo available at Konami's booth also revealed that with Suikoden V, the development is returning to six-member parties in battle.

Suikoden V has yet to receive an official release date in Japan.
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*runs off to london to hear the music* :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info Thief!

So it seems that this new composer seems to be very good at creating music similar to that of previous suikodens, im looking forward to this game more every day!
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

finally the music is as good as i want it.
the s4 music was very lame and the s3 music was not like suikoden...
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were a few songs in S3 and S4 that had a sortof Suikodeny feel, but not that many.

I am glad that the composer is going back to some of the old music. He has brought back one of my favorite songs (Theme of a Moonlit Night). I hope he might bring back a few more, but still give us new songs.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There were a few songs in S3 and S4 that had a sortof Suikodeny feel, but not that many.

Aye, agreed on that. To be honest I haven't had a feeling while playing suikoden 3 that it's lost the climate of the previous games.

Anyway, the music of suikoden V's really looking good so far! Just like everyone else stated before me, it brings back memories and sometimes even overflowes one's heart with joy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: