Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Info Reported from TGS media day *spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm for all of the above, minus luc; enough with that poncey little *edit.* it'd be nice to learn about the ebony moon knights as well, but seeing how that's post falena, it's not likely, but at the very least, maybe another backstory will get light shed on it.

georg prime, killey and lorelai; sounds good enough for returning characters *yuber/pesmerga-total indifference.* i'm hoping to hear more about the crimson bird cult; learn more about killey, since he has teaser info about him, but nothing fully fleshed-perhaps we'll learn why lorelai chases after him as well.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now we just have to pray that the story doesn't suck!

^Actual quote!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is great news i'm so glad that 6 man partys are back and Georg.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do believe I soiled myself. This news is amazing, especially hearing about this and the PSP stuff in the same day. SUIKODEN WILL BE REVIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is wonderful news! I believe that the Queen has been corrupted by her own greed and her possession of power in the Sun Rune. I don't believe a True Rune will corrupt its bearer towards evil unless it is to carry out its innate desires. So, I think the Queen has blinded herself with power and her evil-like nature has nothing to do with the Sun Rune corrupting her at all.

And the timeline is pretty much cleared up and we can pretty much be certain to see at least 3 returning characters whose stories should be cleared up. I'm suprised that so many of the royal family will be featured, though. That is quite interesting. I wonder if we will get nay information about the gladiators any time soon.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also hope that we get to see a young version of Maximillan and Pesmerga!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I would think there would at least be remains of gladiators as Morgan could only have had moved to Toran within a few years of his eyes being removed and that's if the tournaments ended when he moved.

Quote:
I also hope that we get to see a young version of Maximillan and Pesmerga!

They won't be any younger than we see in Suikoden I really.

I agree with syb that Luc isn't necessary to return, but it's still a possibility for him to be there.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Max stayed in the Toran/Dunan area I believe. And Pesmerga probably doesn't age.

But this is very good news for those people wanting to see the only four Falenans that we knew of: Morgan, Georg, Killey, and Lorelai.

I'm one of them. I wonder if Killey will have his red zoot suit if he does appear? Complete with pimping hat.

^Actual quote!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've relised if Georg is in it then it will be set before one again since he killed the queen before the Suikoden I timeline.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How early though? I was reading the timeline, and I think it makes most sense to be around Solar Year 440. That would make Georg 20 years old, and give him enough time (6 years is a long time, when you consider many of the Suikoden main conflicts took a year or two.) to mess around with the Ebony Moon in Grasslands, before being scooped up in the Scarlet Moon succession war.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I believe that Georg Prime came to Falena as his last stop according to the recent info Sars Ad-Minh gave us a few months back. So, he would have already been in SME nad the Ebony Moon Knight beforehand.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I thought. I thought he went to Falena right before the Dunan unification war.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So he started out in the Ebony Moon, got scooped up by Barbarossa, left the war at the end and travelled to Falena to become a Queen's Guardsman? That would put the game somewhere just slightly before Suikoden I, and maybe even concurrent with the timeline in parts. Concurrent timelines wreak havok with recurring characters, so let's not say that's the truth. Because, for example, Viki couldn't possibly show up then, as she'd be in Toran at the time. So then it makes sense to be somewhere in the SY 450-455 era. That's possible.

Edit: Georg was still in Toran at the time of Suikoden 1? I did not know this. That renders the above pointless. Then it would have to be in the three years between 1 and 2. Interesting place to stick a FALENA story. I wanted to see Higheast Rebellion. My concurrent timelines issue still stands though. =/
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This peice of information sets the murder of the Queen in Solis 458.

http://suikox.com/ed/georg50425.html

If he's correct in estimations the timeline would look like this

Solar Year 457: Gate Rune Wars Conclude (Suikoden I)
Solas Year 458: Murder of Queen of Falena
Solas Year 460: Dunan Unification War (Suikoden II)

If this is true then it's likely we won't see Morgan as he'll have been in Toran rather than returning to Falena where he wouldn't have good memories.

The order went Toran Succession War, Grasslands Ebony Moon Knight, Falena Queen's Knight.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man. Viki would have been busy in those 4 years. Three wars one after another. Although, since it's been almost completely proven she jumps from era to era in the order of the games instead of in real time, she'd just end up being confused again.

But that's not the point. So we now have a REALLY good idea of when the game takes place. Nice.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 5 of 24

Jump to: