Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Info Reported from TGS media day *spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The High East Rebellion is material enough for another prequel, if they want to. Not to mention the juicy possibility of a Suikoden game starring Hikusaak as Tenkai Star, beating the kingdom of Aronia.

Anyhow, seeing that Konami is starting to seriously milk up the series, it's unlikely they would end it abruptly at 6. Unless Rhapsodia and SV sell horribly bad.
Simon Silverberg

SSNP

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say there will be at least 7 titles. Suikoden VI being in the Nameless Lands after Suikoden III since the Nameless Lands are to the north of the Grasslands and VII could be the last game of the series being in Harmonia. I wonder if there will ever be an online Suikoden game. That could be an awesome game.

Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bbsting120 wrote:
They planned it as six parts, but I wonder if that will change... I mean the Suikoden world is so expansive and I doubt they have a very set story, like say in Xenosaga, for every chapter... so I think it would be really easy to go beyond six, if they wanted to that is. And with the creative team having shuffled around a bit since Suikoden first came about, I wonder if the people working on the team now have any intention of six being the final game.

They will maybe change it..but there is no more real resaon to make many sequels..suikoden 4 was 150 years before S1. S5 will reveal a lot about true runes and the sindars too..i'm sure about that... so in s6 there will be a lot more info on that. but why should they then go on with it? there must be an end..and don't like it that the suikoden saga will end sometime but they have to do it... they will definatly bring some other games about the suikoden world like rhapsodia..

and i don't think that there will ever be a suikoden that is only located in the nameless lands.. there is nothing special in the nameless lands..it would be only possible when there is something rellay important that happens... it was just a name for an area that is near another more important area..
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They will have to tell us all we have to know about Jeane and Viki, and how they always appear wherever the story takes place, and since they haven't done certain places like Harmonia, the Outlands, and the Nameless Lands, they will probably wait until one of those to elaborate on our two staples...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
They will have to tell us all we have to know about Jeane and Viki, and how they always appear wherever the story takes place, and since they haven't done certain places like Harmonia, the Outlands, and the Nameless Lands, they will probably wait until one of those to elaborate on our two staples...

Outlands and Nameless lands are the same place...

The Crimson Flames of Highland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You people are kind of off topic now...but I might as well join in.

I personally don't see them doing anything about the Higheast Rebellion. From what I understand, it didn't last long, and the supposed rebellion was a really just a few riots. Harmonia incites riots in Higheast, Shu responds in kind, Harmonia backs off. They could expand a bit on it, but not enough, I don't think. The first Fire Bringer War would be nice, but I want Hikusaak's war against Aronia...I'll likely faint from shock and joy if they ever announe a game based on that war ^_^.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, let's not get off topic. This isn't Future Suikoden Possibilities.

Also - Konami likely will not go back and make a full Suikoden game that has been set in a previously visited nation. Succession War, Higheast Rebellion, 1st Fire Bringer War - you'll never see them in a full on Suikoden game. Though they may very well make a sidestory game later on, I think they're trying to focus on heading foward with the game rather than revsiting old places.

Anyway, stay on topic from now on please.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't see Konami ending this series anytime soon. Sure they may end this story arc at VI, but this game is a fantasy game afterall, and the great thing about fantasy is that there are many many many different story possibilities.
Look at SquareEnix's 'Final Fantasy' series. Squaresoft made that game when the company was going bankrupt, and it was to be their final title, hence the name Final Fantasy, and well... Look at them now, currently working on their 13th version, their 12th is soon to ship in Japan, and there is no slow down in sight.
Konami has always been a very smart company, so I can see Suikoden going on as long as there is a demand for it. And now that they seem to have finally captured the Classic 2D suikoden feel in 3D, there's bound to be a good demand for more.
As for Suikoden going online. That's the worst idea I think I've everheard!! Would you want the Suikoden Series to really turn into a Hack and Slash collect weapons and items game?? I know for sure that I wouldn't.
Red Dye #5 is not an essential nutrient.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once again, not on subject.

Seeing as we already have many Suikoden V threads open anyway, I think it's probably not necessary to have a thread open that deals with old news about Suikoden V when there's a more recent thread dealing with new information about anyway.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: