Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Info Reported from TGS media day *spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey is in jail during Suikoden I, but not Suikoden V - it would seem very odd not having Killey in Suikoden V in one way or another considering it is the events Suikoden V are covering that ultimately land Killey in jail.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe we get to help him escape or something lol, that would be an interesting part of the game.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To the whole Lorelai weapons issue, I'm of the opinion that she's going to use something entirely different. In the picture, it looks as though she has a whip coiled at her side.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
To the whole Lorelai weapons issue, I'm of the opinion that she's going to use something entirely different. In the picture, it looks as though she has a whip coiled at her side.

You might have a point there.
In Suikoden I she was a long-range attacker with a bow equipped. In Suikoden II we've seen her using Kirke's scythe...it's high time for a whip or so it seems =D
Luthiel

1191 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I read from Suikosource's boards thanks to Dragonmasterx :

"The 3 main members of the staff are:
Producer - Matsugawa Tomonori
Director — Sakiyama Takahiro
Art Director — Tanaka Hotsuki"

What about the background designer ? Who's the music composer? Do you think it could be Kimura?

I thought it'd be Ishikawa drawing the characters but...

Anyone knows what are Sakiyama's and Tanaka's past works? Tanaka seems to be some mangaka...

Is there any chance that Sakiyama would be related with Murayama? This guy is total mystery.

(PS: I'd really pleased if someone there knows Murayama's website... I heard he has one but never found it...)
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Read the music post for the composer. The composer is not the same from Suikoden 2.

Why would Lorelai keep switching weapons? the only reason why Lorelai switched to the scythe was because Kirke gave up his job and gave Lorelai the scythe to do that job. And even if it is a whip, that means it would be before 1, since it is not the scythe.

Going with my belief on where the hero will get the Rune of Dawn, and also the fact that Killey was imprisoned for the assassination, then Killey will be in the game, like it or not. Also, if Killey WAS imprisoned during Suikoden 1, then the game will take place before Suikoden 1.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it still could be after Suikoden I. I can't remember why he was imprisoned - was it actually to do with the assassination or something else? If he was imprisoned for the assassination, then V would be set pre-Suikoden I. If he was imprisoned for something else then it could still be set after Suikoden I seeing as he would be out before Suikoden II anyway - pretty small timeframe to work with, but still.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I am not mistaken, when I looked at Lorelai's S2 art, I saw a whip at her side then as well. Perhaps we might see her use that whip during this game.

We can't know for sure if her weapon is a bow, whip, or scythe until we can get the timeframe down for sure.

I just got on Suikox and Suikosource looking at Timelines, and I can't find the date where the queen was murdered...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars has made an editorial about the possibility of the date, so it will be interesting to see if it's real or not.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Well it still could be after Suikoden I. I can't remember why he was imprisoned - was it actually to do with the assassination or something else?

It's said that Lorelai tricked Killey with false information. That's about it *shrugs*
Georg Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/suikoden5/media.html

has anyone mentioned that? its 10 minutes long and shows battles and dialogue.
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think most of us have seen that, but thanks anyway.
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because none of the characters so far look just like Killey
doesn't mean that none of the are him (or vice versa, ofcourse).

Considering that he wears a hat that obscures his appearance,
and that he seems to have a reason to obscure it,
I would assume that his appearance (assuming it happens)
will be some sort of suprise revealation.

It would be too simple if they just said, "hey this is Killey."
I trust Suikoden to make it more interesting than that.

Same with pretty much every expectation we have for the story.
They give us enough to peak our interest, but they need to be clever
enough to make it even more interesting when we actually play.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most people in Japanese fansits says that the weapon used by Lorelai in Suikoden 5 looks like a whip. She just loves to change her weapons.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Lorelai tricked Killey and had him imprisoned for another reason that had to do with her stealing something and she framed him for it. I don't believe she had him jailed for killing the Queen at all. As for the whip, I do recall Lorelai wearing a whip on her hip in Suikoden 1 when she talked to Tir.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: