Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falena described as a "water continent"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might be a stationary boat. Something similar to a floating village. Built like a boat, but not mobile like the IV's stronghold.

That said, this is floating HQ is not confirmed, yes? Nothing to worry then.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a reason why I like the idea of a boat in a smaller continent setting. You can't take it everywhere, seeing how its so big, but you can take it some places. I just remember it got a bit annoying in 2, before you got viki or the blinking mirror, always going from your castle to Lakewest. If maybe you could have just moved the castle a bit on the water, tada! Same with suikoden 1, having the castle in the middle meant lots of sailing. The one problem I had with Suikoden 4's castle system being a boat was that the islands were too far apart.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as there aren't as many random encounters, I am fine with it being a boat.

Of course, we don't know if thats the HQ, but it's pretty much assumed that it is the headquarters since the hero along with several others (like Rionne and the unnamed female strategist) were seen looking out over the ocean several times during the video...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the HQ is the building that looks like the tower in the opening video.....
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone ever see the movie Waterworld? Maybe it's like that... although the trailer's out and it kinda looks like Gaien... Waterworld's little floating communities, but larger was the first thing I thought about.

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its not like that...Its a continent that has water on it. Italy is filled with water ways and thats not like "Waterworld." Just because there are dams and stuff does not make it "Waterworld." New Orleans is a "water city" but its not water world...well, now my city is waterworld, but thats beside the point.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm picturing The Island Nations except this time the pieces of land are closer together. The image in my head isn't very pretty either.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want the HQ to be a cave you can exit by water and land plus it cant get hit by the sun aka not attacked by mom.

CLERKS
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly I think there is not enough info to decide what the HQ will be. I don't get the impression for the clips that that boat was their base, but more so just a vessel they travel around on...though I guess i'm kind of hoping, after playing IV, that the base isn't a ship, so I might be a tad biased on what I believe...^^;
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Put me in the group that doesn't want a boat as a headquarters again. Give me my damn castle back! I want my world map exploration too. Although if I have to travel by boat, I want it to be limited in its accessibility. Suikoden 5's ship could explore every island in just about a straight line. It's not realistic to travel long distances in a straight line with Suikoden's world technology. Because of this, I didn't mind Suikoden 3's world map so much. At least it felt like traveling. My bet on the headquarters is that it will be something like Shasarazade in the Toran Republic.

But yeah, back to the topic, I'm going to throw in another possibility of what this "water continent" could mean. Perhaps Falena is a country mostly under sea level and by complex irrigation methods (runic or otherwise) they are able to structure their various lands as they see fit. This can actually work with a few of the theories already. Because of this phenomenon, you can have a diverse environment. We're talking about rivers, forests, and a city reminiscent to Venice, etc. Of course for this to work, they would probably have to be a massive island like Australia like many have already said. There's that mending of the theory as well. The more times I watch the ten minute trailer (Thanks SARS) I believe this to be true. But of course, there's no way to be completely right about everything.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the trailer, we see a lot of marshes, forrests, cliffs, mountains and water. I think the continent is like an archipelago that isn't fully seperated creating a solid piece of land but many inlets and bays that travelling by boat is quicker than on land. An archipelago theory could help explain the various climates and geography we have seen.

As for the HQ, I think it's an abandoned fort. There's a scene in the trailer where they talk about a fort and it just gave me the impression that the text was taken at the moment in the game that the HQ is defined.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But he said,"These guys are trying to destroy that fort, so tell us how!"

Why would they want to destroy a future HQ? :?
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess that line debunks the fort theory lol.

But watching again, I noticed everything that looks like it would happen in the HQ we can see stone walls or floor. The for victory thing, the Borrows family thing and the brown haired guy who looked pretty upset with you.

I'll stand by my assumption that the HQ is a castle or fort, but I've found a new reason :)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps this headquarters would be at this Dahaka that they were talking about setting camp up at.

After watching the video a few *cough hundred cough* times, I think that that japaneseish boat seems to small for a headquaters.

My only doubt about a castle or building is that there is a scene with the potential headquarters shaking (the Lorelai scene).

Anyways, I figure that Falena is more or less like Venice as well.

I just hope that they put a lot of time into the shape and design of Falena.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you look inside the HQ War Room, or whatever room that is, it doesn't look like something that'd be inside a ship. No wood or anything. I'm hoping and guessing that we're getting our castle back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: