Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falena described as a "water continent"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope we can change the HQ at anytime between a ship and a boat now that would be cool.

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm expecting a cross between Egypt and Venice. While a strange combination, definitely a cool and beautiful one. I have such high hopes for this game.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it means that it's a wetlands/marsh-y area. The capital city being like Venice is highly possible, IMO. I think it's isolated, but not completely so - we haven't met many characters from it thus far, but we do know they do trade with the Island Nations, so they have to be close enough that that's profitable.

I do think it's looking likely that it' is it's own continent, as the area seems very diverse. Snow capped mountains and sunken wetlands?

And I agree that the information we get is making me think more and more that Falena is Ancient Rome crossed with Ancient Egypt. (Which is awesome, because those are my two favorite cultures. :D)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming that it is just refering to the fact that it is isolated. Not that this is proven or anything. It is simply my own speculation.

However, I also happened to think of the Netherlands with its polders and dikes. It made me think of how interesting it would be if Falena had parts of it's coast that were reclaimed from the sea or something of that nature.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new trailer makes it clear why it is called a water continent. It appears that the entire continent rest on a bed of water. Most of the cities shown are built on water. Streams and bodies of water are clearly shown running through various towns.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the culture has high regard for nature, similar to Shinto from my little knowledge on Shinto. Perhaps they build around nautral waterways, and in marshlands(which is hard to build a castle there). I'm lookin at maybe structures that sit atop the water like Duck Village, perhaps maybe even a few ducks.

Also I have a strange suspicion that waterwheels may appear as opposed to, say windmills. Basically, water being a very important part to every aspect of life, in art (fountain art and jug/urn art), archetecture (with water spouting gargoyels or something like that), and maybe in religion some how. I don't know, I think by Water Continent it meant that much of their objective lifestyles were all about water.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sound like something along the lines of Australia or something of that nature. I mean it is sort of considered it's own continent, not to mention it is completely surrounded by water. Maybe that is what they are talking about, much like Snowking mentioned, however Goldmembers idea sounds like it is also very possible.

However, it seems a bit early to speculate on the possible meanings behind this until we know a little bit more about it, dont you think so?

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that it is either a continent submerged in water, or a place of similarity to Venice.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the continent of Falena looks beautiful from the video clips. Very nice indeed. I don't care if it's a water continent or not, just as long as I get to visit a snow-themed area.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems to be a water continent, but a nice one. I have always wanted to visit one of those places, and now I can. I can't wait to see what they will do with the HQ in this game.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People have said that it might be a boat again, but I severly doubt it. Considering the main portion of the game won't be traveling to other islands (if at all) and that even though Falena is a water continent, it will be mostly rivers and lakes. I would image there will be a castle or network of caves, but not a large boat like Suikoden IV.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope that it fits in with the surroundings.

I want to know if we might have a roamable 3-D world map (more like the ones in S1 and S2, but in 3-D). I didn't feel that the one in S4 was considered roamable since you couldn't get out and walk anywhere.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
I just hope that it fits in with the surroundings.

I want to know if we might have a roamable 3-D world map (more like the ones in S1 and S2, but in 3-D). I didn't feel that the one in S4 was considered roamable since you couldn't get out and walk anywhere.

Ah yes... a roamable map...Methinks, it would be great if Konami actually brought back the idea of a 2-D world map. I'm also curious whether the battles are going to look similar to those from s3 or rather to those from s2 or s1.

It seems as though s5 was basing on already known and liked systems, so I guess we can hope for a combination of the best things taken out of those previous ones.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It appears to be a boat again, or so it seems in the trailer. It seems overall nicer then the boat from S4. Quite possibly we will get to roam in the sea, and on land, like in the S1 and S2. I just hope they will be able to pull this off successfully...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ARgh, I hope it's not a boat. Don't get me wrong, the boat in Suikoden IV was perfect and fit well with the landscape, whereas I don't think there needs to be a boat for Suikoden V. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'll have my doubts about this.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: