Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 Star Bonuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite bonus for getting all of the Stars of Destiny?
SI: Gremio's ressurection
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
SII: True ending + Nanami lives
38%
 38%  [ 41 ]
SIII: Luc Story
39%
 39%  [ 42 ]
SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 106

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. Pilika stayed with Jillia in Harmonia. Jowy left them though after getting a glimpse of them much to Nanami's frustration/dismay for some reason (probably 'cause Jillia was preggers :P ) Jowy is an ass.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe she found him leaving both of them on their own was cruel. He could have lived at their side, lead a normal life. After all, he had a family to live for, unlike Nanami and Riou who only had each other.

I still find Nanami's pseudo-death totally stupid but whatever.

There's two ways to look into 108 star bonuses. The plain to the eye reward, or the more thought out reward which only comes to you after analyzing the game. For plain rewards, possibly Suikoden 1 and 2 come head to head. Everyone lives, in Tir's case he regains a friend...a friend who will help him get through the though times now to come as he overcomes and learns to control the Soul Eater. In Riou's case he defeats the destiny of his and Jowy's entwined runes, and they both rejoice at the news that nanami is well, which leads them to travel on as friends once more.

For the more thought out bonus, Suikoden 4's has to be it. At plain sight it's a plain extended ending. But what it leaves unsaid is wonderfull news for your hero and everyone who was close to him. He steers the Punishment Rune from a vengeful rune seeking the destruction of anyone it posseses, to a power which shines forgiveness and protects it's host . He basically saves the world from a Rune out of Control, and survives the curse his Rune brought. In a way he is like Jowy and Riour, except the two of them could have easily sealed the Runes like the two before them. Lazlo on the other hand was fated to either die himself, or see the Rune take someone close to him. He managed to free himself and others that could have come from that fate, Unlike Tir who is still seeking a way to master his Rune and keep it under control.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Maybe she found him leaving both of them on their own was cruel. He could have lived at their side, lead a normal life. After all, he had a family to live for, unlike Nanami and Riou who only had each other.

Or maybe Nanami just want to smooch Riou without Jowy getting in the way :wink: . I always believed that was what happened when they were just about to leave Kyaro.

Quote:

I still find Nanami's pseudo-death totally stupid but whatever.

I thought that was pretty dumb as well but it did increase Riou's resolve so it's all good in the end.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say suikoden 2's bonus was the best because the first time i played through the rockaxe incident i cried for a good twenty minutes and i didn't expect her to have faked her death in the least because she was so over protective of you through the entire game i really didn't care about jowy that much and it really could of accepted him dying. but nanami living made me so happy that i started to laugh uncontrollably she just didn't want get in the way anymore and realized her brother was strong enough to protect himself
Lilith

9390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it´s the Suikoden III Bonus.
I just loved to see more of Luc and his entire story/motivations.
It was also the first time I was playing a villian, and I just love obliterating everything in my way with the True Wind Rune!

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My faves are from Suiko II and Suiko IV since I failed to complete Suiko I's 108 stars.
Suikoden III?
...blehhh. not much =__=

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it has to be 2 since it is just a nice ending where everything falls into place. I like all of the special endings for getting all 108 stars, the only one I have not seen is the special ending for 3 as I have never been able to play 3 over here. 3 sounds like the best if I actually got a chance to experience it.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoulEaterRune_Tir

The True Runes

200579 Potch
68 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden 2,why?The bonus was Forgiver's Sign(ultimate),Jowy and Riou surviving the curse of the two opposite runes,Nanami alive!!!(The main motivation for my choice)I get to see them happily travelling around the world,and most probably maybe they might join another Suiko game,ahh nevermind,I STILL VOTE FOR SUIKODEN 2!!!FOR THE WIN!! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: