Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 Star Bonuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite bonus for getting all of the Stars of Destiny?
SI: Gremio's ressurection
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
SII: True ending + Nanami lives
38%
 38%  [ 41 ]
SIII: Luc Story
39%
 39%  [ 42 ]
SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 106

zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i voted for Suikoden 2 because it gave the game the nice ending plus you resolved what couldn't be done in the past which was a nice feeling. just all around it was the best.

though suikdoen 3's end was pretty awesome just cause luc is pretty bad ass

suikoden 4 was alright but i didn't really care for the island nations haha no offence

and i've never gotten the suikoden 1's end....which i need to do

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i voted for Suikoden 2 because it gave the game the nice ending plus you resolved what couldn't be done in the past which was a nice feeling. just all around it was the best.

suikoden 4 was alright but i didn't really care for the island nations haha no offence

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, getting all the stars in suikoden easy was REATARTEDLY easy. I enjoyed working my ass of and getting an assome ending, instead of getting some fan girl guy die. :twisted:

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

umm zeal you know you posted the same thing 3 times :?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The bonus in Suikoden 1 was a great cause i did not expect Gremio to be revived. Also the ending was more fitting as it saw the Hero and Gremio in the classic walking into the sunset scene (it was sure as hell better than walking alone towards the sunset if you want my opinion).
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved being able to play as Luc, Albert, Yuber and Sarah, that's my personal favorite.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Suikoden III's 108 Star bonus the best out of all the others. Playing as a villain was something new for me, and I found it quite fun to play as the villain of a particular game as a bonus. It was a nifty little feature. Too bad Luc's PoV was very short though. I would have enjoyed it more if it was a bit longer.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My thoughts:

Suikoden I: This was a very fitting bonus for McDohl, though it does leave questions unanswered, such as Gremio's current status, having had his soul technically taken by the Soul Eater.

Suikoden II: While the ending bonus itself is great, it seems a little nonsensical that Nanami was 'only pretending to be dead' and she stays that way if you didn't get the 108 Stars. Of course, one could argue that since you need them before you storm Rockaxe, it's possible that the 108 Stars played a part in preventing her death?

Suikoden III: This would be my personal favorite, except that it's too short, too easy and the manga is still more detailed anyway.

Suikoden IV: Ah, a really nice bonus there. Redemption, friendship and your own life all rolled into one? This one gets my vote as the best 108 star bonus!
Just kidding; it's the overall best bonus, but I like III's one better.

I would rank it by number of perks like this:

IV> II & I > III

By sheer liking:

III> II > I >IV (Cause I didn't even finish Suikoden IV :oops: )

By emotional impact:

III> II> I> IV (Because seeing Luc die 6 times is really weird and it sure gave me nightmares)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to go with IV, I liked the way that you got to save the hero, lol, that's me being a sucker for a happy ending, oh, and i liked II's ending as well :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SI: Gremio's ressurection
I find Gremio better off dead than alive. He was an annoying character who was fairly useless at battle.
SII: True ending + Nanami lives
Loved S2 so much. Having Nanami live was a nice bonus. But let’s not forget that forgiver sign roxxors your boxxors.

SIII: Luc Story
I liked this one as well. It provided some more insight to Luc’s motivations although in my opinion, Chris, Geddoe and Hugo’s views were quite sufficient enough.

SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
This was pretty good as well. Lazlo is carried over to tactics if he lives in SIV. Pretty much, Lazlo is the best character in Tactics so having completed the 108 SODs in SIV does not bother me too much (though I have yet to finish this)

SV: Lyon living
I did not care. It was all too convoluted. You even have your ‘would have been killers’ Zahak and Alenia wishing you luck in the end not to mention the Barrows and the Godwins. The only one missing was Childerich.

I am torn between SIV and SII but I'll choose S2 purely because it was a much better game than SIV
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

does no one like Gremio? (Side note how do you actually pronounce that?)

{Gree-meo?}
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'll have to say I like Suiko2's bonus the best because I really got emotionally attached to the game and when I didn't get the 108 ending the first time I played it I actually had Riou go back to his house and just left it there with me myself staring off into the scenary in a daze as well.

It had such a big impact on me without her...but then when you get the 108 ending I got emotional all over...

To be honest though I almost liked all the 108 bonus endings equally in all the Suikoden games...none of them have dissapointed me so much that I hated them though...it's just 2 stood out the most for me followed by 4, 3, 5 than 1
The first one's behind last cuz I remember when I played it I was wondering "why of all the characters they could pick from was it Gremio?"
I'm sorry but...I didn't exactly have any emotional attatchment to him like Nanami etc.

edit:
Patriarch wrote:
does no one like Gremio? (Side note how do you actually pronounce that?)

{Gree-meo?}
Off topic this is...but I personally pronounce it Gre-me-o

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2's SoD 'good' ending hands down..the fact that we learn Nanami didnt really die is awesome when tied in with the reason that she didnt want Riou and Jowy to know until the war was over..also because of Jowys ultimate redemption after the defend-defend-defend duel..and the scene where you see them meet up and go off to a faraway land..(does anyone know if Pilika goes with them??)..this is the best ending it almost made me cry...oh and the music really drives in the emotions..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: