Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 Star Bonuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite bonus for getting all of the Stars of Destiny?
SI: Gremio's ressurection
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
SII: True ending + Nanami lives
38%
 38%  [ 41 ]
SIII: Luc Story
39%
 39%  [ 42 ]
SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 106

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Suikoden III's bonus. I like Luc and the other side of the story. Gremio's revival was nice, but I didn't find him that useful. The good ending for II was great, but not that big of a reward since, once again, I didn't find Nanami that useful so she wasn't missed from the battle point of view. I barely noticed IV's bonus.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I love Suikoden 3's bonus (playing as Luc and Sarah is wonderful), the one I had to vote for was a nostalgic one - Gremio's resurrection in Suikoden I. It's kind of cheesy now, but I think Suikoden I was the one where the emotions hit me the hardest - so many people Tir loved were taken away from him - and Gremio, who was practically his mother, had to have been one of the worst ones to lose. Seeing Leknaat ressurect him always gave me good feelings.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for SII's. That ending is just great.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Suikoden III's bonus to be the best and I'll explain why by talking about each game:

SI: Gremio's ressurection
I found this to be frustrating because I hated Gremio so much that I was actually happy he died that him being resurrected was actually upsetting.

SII: True ending + Nanami lives
The same as Gremio because I hated her so much that I was also glad she snuffed it.

SIII: Luc Story
This was my favourite as Luc has been one of my favourite characters for a long time and also getting another point of view on my favourite story of the four games was fantastic for me.

SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
I could have cared less what the bonus was in this game as I could hardly complete it for boredom.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind wrote:

sybillious would love this thread. XD

I'd loved to see her reaction, with all the Luc fans here... :lol:

I found each bonus special in their own unique way.

1 had the revival of Gremio. However useless he was, I really felt happy the first time he was revived for me. It was like seeing an old friend, you know.

2 also gave the bonus of the forgiver sign, remember that. I liked this one the most, since unlike Gremio, Nanami was in my party all the time becaused I liked using her. At least she has personality.

3 also gave an intersting bonus, but I would much rather this bonus be given to the side of Jowy, Luca or Barbarossa. It was meant to make you feel sorry for Luc, but I found it crappy in the end.

4 gave the poorest bonus of all. Snowe isn't a bonus since he is a member of the 108. I never really cared for the RoP being in forgiveness stage, thank you.

In the end I voted 2. I would have voted 3 for being interesting, but too bad, they had to give it to the lamest villian of all. (Not that I dislike him, but I just found him a poor villian.)
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to go with the nostalgia view of Gremio's ressurection in S1. Suikoden 3 had the next best even though it was quite short. I would have much prefered if it was much longer.

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i voted for suikoden 1s star of destinys bonus. to me the hero kinda deserved gremio back. i mean first he lets his best friend be taken by windy, then he lets gremio die trying to protect him, then he kills his own father, his father. these kind of hardships would have driven any normal people to the point of a mental break down, but not him. he held strong and continued forward with no regrets. there fore i believe he deserved to have his assistant back. in my opinion atleast.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for three but looking back I probably enjoyed Gremio's ressurection much more. Gremio is one of my favorite Suiko characters and I've yet to face the Golden dragon without him. Seeing Luc's point of view was cool too, mainly because I got to use Yuber.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Baz Von Steinitz

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like (Like most of the voters in here :twisted: ) that the best Bonus ending for The Star of Destiny is thw one in Suikoden 3 I like to uncover all the truth and as some has already say the fact that Luc wasnt really bad just tired of being "Used", and to play with the best character in all the Suikouniverse, YUBER :twisted: , oh and Sarah too :p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draikhan

Ragear Dragoons

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like SIV's, not only because you get Snowe back and forgivness with the rune, but also because in S. Tactics, you can then do major damage with SIV's hero. Pretty sweet deal.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do also agree that Suikoden 3's bonus was the finest one. II comes up in second palce, with a good ending, and IV in third. For Gremio living again- that was just a waste, really.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3 did have the better one cause you play as luc's pov and find out so much more stuff when you play it. but i'm still fond of suikoden 2 bonus.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3 was best for me for gameplay, since I have more thing to play, but it was better for me to see Riou, Jowy and Nanami together.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really really tough to choose. >_< I played SI like a fiend to get Gremio back...
I haven't finished S2 yet, but I'm gonna have to replay to get the 108 O_o.
I voted SIII's because it's really the most substantial reward—it added an other couple of hours of gameplay and gave us a huge amount of insight into what was really going on.
I probably would have gone crazy if I hadn't gotten SIV's. People can say what they want about Lazlo, but I felt really really bad for him and if it had just ENDED with him drifting at sea seemingly dead...I probably would have just started crying. :mrgreen:

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Eloriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was so happy when I played Suikoden I for the first time and Gremio got resurrected. When I first played Suikoden II I apparently got the "bad" ending - which I felt was more fitting (yes, I'm blood-thrirsty and wanted to get revenge on him ^^).
The third game... Well... That game was pretty much a disappointment for me, likewise with the "bonus".
My favorite is the bonus in the fourth game. I don't care so much about Snowe, but if the hero would have died the game would just have felt wrong. I would probably have wanted to cry then. The forgivness on the RoP felt very fitting too.

I couldn't agree more with HarmonianHiccup. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: