Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 Star Bonuses
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite bonus for getting all of the Stars of Destiny?
SI: Gremio's ressurection
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
SII: True ending + Nanami lives
38%
 38%  [ 41 ]
SIII: Luc Story
39%
 39%  [ 42 ]
SIV: Snowe + True Ending + Forgiveness on RoP
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 106

Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: 108 Star Bonuses Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the best things about Suikoden, in my opinion, is the SoD bonuses. It really gives you a reward for being a perfectionist and getting everything. A lot of people seem to be saying that the bonuses have gotten worse in the newer games. So, I want to know, which do you prefer?

Personally, I like SIV's bonus. The hero survives, the RoP's cycle of destruction is halted, and Snowe finally gives up on trying to outdo the hero and being in charge.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the suikoden 3 108 star bonus.We get to play as my favorite character, his group of amazing fighters, and get to use his True Wind rune=classic.

Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love suikoden three's 108 star ending because not only do you get to use the True Wind Rune you can also use Yuber and the rest of Luc crew plus you get the little pic at the end.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with 2. I, and this is a pretty upopular opinion from what I have gathered, like Nanami and I am happy she lived. I also like the reconciliation with Jowy and his ultimate redemption. Gremio is a nice guy and I like what he represents, but it's not as well done as Nanami/Joey in 2. Luc .. eh. I can do without his chapter. Getting a deeper view into his whiny angst is not what I wanted for my bonus. S4 is OK, but, again, not as well done as 2. There is real emotion in 2. It still makes me misty-eyed when Nanami runs out of the dojo and hugs you.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally would have to vote for Suikoden III there. It really fills in a lot of plot holes and it answered many questions I had. I loved how Suikoden III had viewpoints like that. It was a very good style. It really showed that everyone had a reason for what they were doing and it showed that Luc wasn't really that evil. He just didn't want an eternity of silence. Plus, I loved playing as Luc, Sarah, and Yuber. I wish I could have used the True Wind Rune in the main party. I loved that rune. It's the best one out of the 5 elemental runes in my opinion.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Suikoden 1's bonus kind of cheesy. I mean the game really made me feel guilty that Gremio died because the whole game I spent cursing that I had to bring him everywhere I went.

Suikoden 2's was pretty good, again kind of cheesy, but it was cheesy because it seemed like a cheap way to bring back a character.

I personally loved Suikoden 3's because it just fit with the whole game. Seeing the enemies point of view was a pretty good idea after playing through 4 other POVs.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV, with Suikoden closely behind.

I've never liked the fake death that Nanami staged in II. Like a poor rehash of Suikoden's bonus, except that resurrection is no longer an option.

As for III's, I only played Masked Bishop's POV once. I can't stand his character. Barbarosa, Cray or even Jowy would have made a much better antagonist' POV, to be honest.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can i ask something , is this topic supposed to be in this forum? :? :?

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like the sIII's ending simply because i can play as luc and see his reason in his own perspective... that and of course yuber. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choosed SIV option. I like it probably because I hate when main characters die, besides because RoP is now in forgiveness phase, HeroIV has some freaking awsome powerful rune that isn't hurting him. Only thing I don't like in this option is Snowe- I really don't like him, I don't know why...

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definetly Suikoden III's bonus. Getting to play as Luc and seeing things from his point of view was great.

I also liked Suikoden II's best ending......and they all lived happily ever after!

*looks at rane's avatar* *blink blink* *That is a tiny bit above the max pixel limit i think*
najia111

The Master Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say I like foremost Luc's storyline from his point of view. He's my fav character and so are Sarah and Yuber! Though all the bonuses are good. Second fav is Suikoden 2's bonus! Its also great!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden 3's bonus. You get to play as luc, Yuber, and control both of their runes respectfully. You also get to see Leknaat (sorry for the possible spelling mistake). In my opinion it was the best bonus of the four.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious would love this thread. XD

I agree that Suikoden III's bonus was the best. It shed light on a lot things and answered a lot of questions. I thought it was pretty smart. And we get to play as Yuber!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with most people here. I really liked SIII's bonus. I mean you get to play a whole new chapter that reveals new elements of the story!! If that isn't a great bonus, then I don't know what is. Sure, the other bonuses are really neat, but in my opinion they don't compare to getting to play from the villain's point of view, explore the reasons for his actions, and see the world from his shoes.

Now that's what I call a 108 SoD bonus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: