Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A land battle in Suikoden IV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: A land battle in Suikoden IV? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am almost certain that I'm going to get bashed for creating this topic concerning s4's gameplay because the answer to a question I'm planning to ask is probably somewhere on these boards. I'll say in advance that I made an effort to find it with a little help of the ultimate search engine, but didn't receive any satisfying result.

And now to the point of this post. One of the first trailers of Suikoden IV showed, that there was supposed to be a land battle taking place during the events described in that game. As I didn't succeed in gathering all of SoDs yet, I'd like to ask if there really is such a battle included (as a bonus at least) or did Konami decide to remove it from the plot.
I didn't manage to beat the final boss yet, so if that battle takes place after beating him up, please give me a clue and lock the topic afterwards :D

Oh and one more thing...I hope that I created this topic in a proper section, if not..please excuse me :)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, such a battle is included in Suikoden 4, but it's not a part of the main plot. It's more like a mini game.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS WHERE and how can you play this mini game?

*try to spell better...TRY!*

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to first make sure you have Nao recruited.

Go to his room, he will ask you how you want to grow mints, asking what sort of humidity, lighting, aerating, and fertilization you want to give. It usually takes about three steps (each taking about 5 minutes) before you can have a finished product.

Depending on your choice, you will get various types of mints, but most of the time they have side-effects, such as causing confusion, poison, etc. However, there is a way to always get the best mint that has no side-effects. It's simple, just choose the first choice for everything when asked for humidity, lighting, etc. After you do that, you will always get a mint without any side-effects.

Once you make three mints, a war will start between the "mint army" and the "mushroom army." You have to command the mint army and defeat the mushroom army. It plays just like the Suikoden 1 battle.

You can play this thing as many times as you want, after each time you make three mints.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe this mini-game is fun.i am always playing it with mushroms because i prefer geting item that gives you 1 MP for every level of magic than mint which restores only first two levels. Waaa the Mint army is invading... :wink:

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait until you have ever Star of Destiny though. When you play the mini-game, the members of your army are the characters you've recruited. if you wait until you have all 108 characters it'll be easier. PLus, you can see all of your character's units.

This way system is identical to the Suikoden 1 war system.

^Actual quote!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
You have to first make sure you have Nao recruited.

Go to his room, he will ask you how you want to grow mints, asking what sort of humidity, lighting, aerating, and fertilization you want to give. It usually takes about three steps (each taking about 5 minutes) before you can have a finished product.

Depending on your choice, you will get various types of mints, but most of the time they have side-effects, such as causing confusion, poison, etc. However, there is a way to always get the best mint that has no side-effects. It's simple, just choose the first choice for everything when asked for humidity, lighting, etc. After you do that, you will always get a mint without any side-effects.

Once you make three mints, a war will start between the "mint army" and the "mushroom army." You have to command the mint army and defeat the mushroom army. It plays just like the Suikoden 1 battle.

You can play this thing as many times as you want, after each time you make three mints.

Yeah i think the choices are based on points you get Positive numbers or Negitive numbers on which you choose. I think once you have a certain amount of positive points you get to play the mini-game.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO you mean make good mints or mushrooms and that makes the strength of the army better am i not correct?

Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think so but i'm not sure if it affects the strength of the army.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok sounds good i will get right to it and tell you guys once i have played the mini game.Sounds great!

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha...i did not know about this mini-game. I may give it a shot on my next playthrough.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to make three successful mints or mushrooms. You get to play as either mints or mushrooms, depending on which side you make three successful items from.

I think the number of soldiers you have in your total army (your army's HP) is determined by the amount of recruited characters.

The army units even speak in battle, just like in Suikoden!

^Actual quote!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not tried this mini-game. I thought it was tiring to go back and forth to Mao just to check up on the mushrooms, but you make it sound worth it, so I might give it a try. The process should be faster, since I'll just be hunting for Pearl Shells outside the Deserted Island anyway.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
You have to make three successful mints or mushrooms. You get to play as either mints or mushrooms, depending on which side you make three successful items from.

I think the number of soldiers you have in your total army (your army's HP) is determined by the amount of recruited characters.

The army units even speak in battle, just like in Suikoden!

Thanks to that we are able to see some characters saying one sentence more than things they are saying in game. Althought it is not much, it is good to play this. Besides there are some good names on the squads which fit perfectly to the suikoden world.Of course IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: