Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sun Rune: its look and powers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj wrote:
Yes, but the comparison is almost as good. But I'd kind of hate it if they'd use the "Rune incarnation as the last boss" card again, I think it's been a bit overdone already.

That's true, every final boss has been created by a True Rune (Golden Hydra- Soverign Rune, Silver Wolf- Beast Rune, WindIncar- True Wind Rune)

EDIT: Removed the SIV boss after being reminded of it's orgin (thank you, Username for jogging my memory)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details

Last edited by MMan9000 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Zaj wrote:
Yes, but the comparison is almost as good. But I'd kind of hate it if they'd use the "Rune incarnation as the last boss" card again, I think it's been a bit overdone already.

That's true, every final boss has been created by a True Rune (Golden Hydra- Soverign Rune, Silver Wolf- Beast Rune, WindIncar- True Wind Rune, Giant Tree- Rune of Punishment)

The Giant Tree wasn't created by the RoP nor is it a Rune incarnation. But I would like to see a Rune incarnation as the final boss of SV.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh crap, you're right, I forgot about that (I'd tell you what I mean, but then it would be Tactics spoilers)....Alright, then three out of four have been True Rune monsters...I stand corrected...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the wars and conflicts of Suikoden games had always been over True Runes battling each other to some degree. Suikoden 4 broke this chain by having no oppossing True Rune in the conflict.

^Actual quote!
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling that the final boss will have something to do with a Rune in Suikoden V, because of the Queen and her rune. For me, Suikoden IV was missing something when there wasn't any enemy that had a true rune...that's a Suikoden tradition, to me. I've heard speculation of the Crimson Bird clan having something to do with the final boss...the final boss being a Phoenix (Sun + Bird= Phoenix). It could be a combination of the Crimson Bird Clan and the Sun Rune, making a Phoenix-type Runic enemy. Then again, they already did a final boss as a bird...Luc's wind rune boss. But, you never know. The final bosses of the first two games were similar, too.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should add an opposing True Rune simply because we need a true rune as a final boss? If there is anything that I'm glad about the Tree Dragon in Suikoden IV, it's the fact that we don't have to deal with MIA runes afterwards. Just look at the fates of the Sovereign Rune, Beast Rune and the True Wind Rune as they leave the scene without a trace. Really.

I'm not saying that a being summoned from the netherworld is that much better though. The most important thing is that the final boss should actually be given a decent character (or monster?) development, regardless of its origin.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't mind if they do the bird thingy even if they have done that in s3. coz the pheonix has something to do with the sun or rebirth and end of it it could be the incarnation of dawn and dusk.

and i have this theory since we drag georg in this topic.. that he'll be force in our final group for the final battle IF the queen herself would be the final human boss plus the fact that she holds the true sun rune.

the tree could have been much better Theif if they could have given us a challenge like the wind rincar. plus yeah i also hope that no true runes could be missing in action after the whole story is finish. that would be a bummer.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the killing of the Queen is actually earlier in the plot than at the end..I have my reasons for believing that. The Prince seems to oppose her, thus his own HQ, and his own army to oppose her, etc. I just don't see the Queen as the final boss.

I have a theory...Since the Sun Rune is exerting control over Queen Arshtat's body and mind, it could be possible that it drains all of her life energy, and then becomes a Phoenix, which is the final boss you fight. She dies from so much life energy lost, and then it looks like Georg and Killey killed her, so they go to prison in Falena.

I guess that ever since we got a little bit of info on Suikoden V, that's just how I imagined the final boss...but this is all pretty much baseless speculation, and I apologise for that.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be happy either way, but I'd rather have a True Rune based last boss (or at least one of the final bosses) to be honest. It has the effect of hammering out the theme of Suikoden; in the end, choices are always more important than Destiny. The will of the True Runes can refused by the people that make up Suikoden. What better way to have this happen than a cataclysmic battle against a rune.

Of course, Suikoden has always stressed the fact that the world operates in shades of grey. So it's necessary at times like Suikoden 3, where it seems like the will of the True Runes (the end of the world) was actually helped by choices made. Suikoden 4 provided another shade of grey when there was no antagonistic True Rune.

Mixing it up is all good, but I think they need to repeatedly reinforce the idea that the characters are supposed to be responsible for the future and not the True Runes. A True Rune incarnation would do the trick.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have any issue with the big True Rune Incarnation monstrosities myself. I kind of like the idea of a massive struggle against the True Runes, which are the closest things to deities that the Suikoden world has. When you think about it, standing up to that kind of power is a truly heroic deed, and so it's logical for those to be final bosses. Suikoden IV's tree boss wouldn't have bothered me except that they didn't bother to explain where it came from (which was then remedied by Rhapsodia / Suikoden Tactics). As Ced the Lad said, it comes up to the fact that even the will of the True Runes cannot overcome the 108 Stars of Destiny when they're assembled.

I would actually like to see more characters as final battles, or at least closely affiliated with them. Suikoden I had a single battle against Ain Gide, Suikoden II had the battle with Lucia, the duel with Han Cunningham, AND the fight against Culgan and Seed. Suikoden III had battles against Yuber and Sarah, and Suikoden IV had a battle with Graham Cray and then a duel against Troy. Tactical RPGs are a bit of a different story of course.

So long as they continue the tradition of mixing the final dungeon fights with characters who actually mean something in the story as well as ridiculous True Rune monsters, I shall count myself as content. Even if they do make it another bird, and ridiculously easy to defeat, like Suikoden bosses have the tendency to be. Oh well.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Thief that we don't need an opposing True Rune simply to have a True Rune as the final boss.

But then you could always make the argument that the final, final boss in Suikoden II was Jowy (Black Sword Rune) and therefore your were in one aspect or another battling against the will of an opposing Rune (closest thing a non-true rune will get to becoming a True Rune).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Georg escaped before he could've been caught for killing the Queen. Killey was thrown into the situation by Lorelai, who tricked him into getting caught for the murder (which he assumably had no part of).

Hmm...All I can say is that this Final Boss will probably remain a big mystery until someone finishes the game. Of course, there could be more then one final boss in the game, and different paths lead to different bosses in the end...

Official Smoke Bomb User

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
and different paths lead to different bosses in the end...

hmm. do you know something we don't know? :? looks like you're hiding somthing hehehe! 8-)

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[start sarcasm]

Yeah, I'm actually an employee of Konami in disquise. I was sent in to steal any information, and possibly some peanuts also. I've stolen quite a bit of ideas from you all, which you all will see in future Suikodens.

[End sarcasm]

No, actually I'm just throwing out a random theory or something. It seems that it could be a possibility with a game that might have multiple endings possible...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: