Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest Game You've Ever Played
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have another game that i never beat, let alone got very far in. It was one of the first ps1 games i ever had---and played. It was called Oddworld: Abes Oddysee. Or something along that title. If someone can correct me if im wrong...

Anyways you had to go through all these levels, while not getting caught by these scary yellow/black with red eye things with guns, and you cant attack, or shoot. Instead you had other magical abilities and...yeah it was in 1998 and i only had it for less than half a year. It was a very beautiful and fun game, but extremely difficult to me--as a noob players of playstation back then.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lmao... I loved that game... oddworld abes odysee that is... i found and saved a lot of the other mudokins (but in the end i didn't save exactly all of them...:() you got the title right by the way... there's two abes game for the playstation i would believe... i have them both and finished them both...

Quote:
scary yellow/black with red eye things with guns

Yeah... sligs... robotic legs, yellow torso and machine guns... plus what seems to be a predator mask... they love laughing at you when you're dead lmao...

Quote:
and you cant attack

Actually... if you go next to them, and use the anger emotion, Abe would slap the slig, and he'd fall to the ground lmao... he'd get back up after a few seconds, and you can slap him straight away again and again... lol... of course if you don't want to die thn run after a slap... he'll never die no matter how many times you hit him though... technically you do have a form of attack... you possess an enemy and then control them to shoot or beat others down or... just make them explode...:)

Quote:
It was a very beautiful and fun game, but extremely difficult to me--as a noob players of playstation back then

It wasn't a very easy game i'll say that... but the game is basically based on strategy and mainly timing... all the other enemies you meet later on make these sligs look week... how about a flying slig that throws grenades at you?... :lol:
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay i got the title right at least, and wow, what a trip down memory lane. Its kind of coming back to me bit by bit. Werent the mudokins going to be used for the meat processing plant and you, as Abe, had to go around, find the way out, mess up the plant and save the other Mudokins? Heh, i dont remember much of the ways and controls of the game, but the 'Sligs' i remember veeeery clearly for a *good* reason. Although it was hilarious when theyd talk to each other, or just laugh at you. By my understanding you had infinite lives...?

Flying Slig...joy. As if the ones on the ground werent bad enough :wink: But yes this game was alot of strategy and thinking. The only stage i remember was the first one inside the factory, then some platform area outside, colored pinkish and the only way to go up was by ledges. Awww now i have to put that on my list of games to get. I'm starting to miss it...and since im older i think i'd do better at it than before.

You say theres two right? Which other one was there? Whats the difficulty like?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragon Force, Sega Saturn.
Not really that hard, just far more time consuming then most other RPGs. A nice background in military tactics and strategy really make this game easier when battles break out. Izumo is my personal favorite nation, followed by Highland, then Palemoon. Izumo, in my opinion, is the hardest nation to play as (they're right next to the biggest and strongest nation in the game, Fandoria, led by a guy named Goldark, the "Mad Lion").

Fun game. I still play it from time to time, especially in winter (anyone else feel the need to play certain games based on season?)
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the very frst title was oddworld abes odysee... i have just started remembering things and the ony i was talking about is called oddworld abes exodus which is the sequel to the first... anyway... sorry about the mix up... anyway, i can say that the first abes game, the one you might be talking about is a bit easier than the second in my opinion... the first one does not have the slap attack thing... well lets get this straight... in the beginning of the abes you remember... do you know what laughing gas is in the game?... depending on what answer you give i'll know which abe game you are playing :)...

Quote:
Awww now i have to put that on my list of games to get. I'm starting to miss it...and since im older i think i'd do better at it than before

I'm starting to think that as well.... hopefully if i play it next time, I wanna try and save every single mudokin in the game... but you know how hard that is i guess lmao...

Quote:
You say theres two right? Which other one was there? Whats the difficulty like?

On the playstation there is two...
Oddworld abes odysee
oddworld abes exodus

and later versions are

oddworld stragers wrath
oddworl munchs odyse (boring )
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@_@ I didnt think there were that many versions fo the game! Show what i know pffft. But yeah i think their was laughing gas in the game, im not too sure. if you could describe and give my brain the kick it needs... Good luck on saving all those Mudokins, seems like an impossible task XD;

The last ones boring...how so?
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chimei Star wrote:
Raze wrote:

But another difficult game would have to be the Shin Megami Tensei games (known as the Shin MegaTen series). Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga part 1 and 2 (which is coming out on Tuesday) are the more recent games from the series to hit US shores, but the games have been going since the days of the Famicom. The key point where the difficulty comes from is in combat. During combat, each member of your party (4 in Nocturne and 3 in DDS) has a combat turn marker. They signify how many turns you have until the enemy's turn. You can attack, defend, use an item, or pass your turn. All of these options, with the exception of attack and pass, will use up one marker. Pass will take up 1/2 of a marker, and attack varies depending on what happens...

Heh, and try Nocturne on.. What is it.. Hard difficulty :D . Or do they call it Normal and the easier one Easy.. I can't remember. Apparently on the harder setting, the first boss will even give you trouble, bleh. Havn't really finnished the easier mode yet.

Yeah, once you beat the game on 'normal' difficulty, you can play on 'Hard' difficulty. In the original Nocturne (We got Nocturne: Maniacs, kind of a director's cut with minor changes, Dante, and an additional ending, making a total of 6), the New game+ was always jerked up to Hard difficulty, regardless of what setting it was at before. This guy must be a massochist, because he's trying to complete a Solo-Hard run, where it's just him on Hard. He started making a record of how many times he's died, but I think he just gave up on that. He's Currently lvl 80 and just beat Dante for the second time in the Labrynth of Amala Kalpa 3. (Meanwhile, I'm stuck on the Red Rider Fiend [AKA: War] on Normal. But then again, a friend has my copy of the game, so I'm playing DDS right now, and I'm praying that I'll have at least a snowball's chance in Hell against The Hitoshura [Read: Main character from Nocturne. Hardest. RPG boss. Ever.])

There is one word to describe this person: Hardcore.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
sergio123

Dark Enzeru

2393 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:? Hardest game i ever played ay...*thinks*
Well, the game i've got in mind wasn't particularly hard, just the hardest i've played, and theres a big difference btw :shock:
And that game is....*audience holds their breath*
Star Ocean: Till the end of time.
Dunno why i got so frustrated during my playthrough of this game :|
It's just the cities and dungeons were so large, and if you wanted to investigate every single corner you can and get all the treasure and items you possibly can...well it's soooooooo long :shock:
The game also starts off with your characters getting near nothing experience and you spend the first half of the first disc on low levels feeling pretty disapointed in yourself :(
Apart from that, the game was good thou so *thumbs up*

The world is a better place if we all :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me fighting games are really hard, although I love them. In Guilty Gear X2, the mission mode is pretty much impossible for me to accomplish. Out of all the missions there I've only completed three. Some of the winning conditions are just plain ridiculous though.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sergio123 wrote:
:? Hardest game i ever played ay...*thinks*
Well, the game i've got in mind wasn't particularly hard, just the hardest i've played, and theres a big difference btw :shock:
And that game is....*audience holds their breath*
Star Ocean: Till the end of time.
Dunno why i got so frustrated during my playthrough of this game :|
It's just the cities and dungeons were so large, and if you wanted to investigate every single corner you can and get all the treasure and items you possibly can...well it's soooooooo long :shock:
The game also starts off with your characters getting near nothing experience and you spend the first half of the first disc on low levels feeling pretty disapointed in yourself :(
Apart from that, the game was good thou so *thumbs up*

I'll agree...I screwed up somewhere and I cannot beat Luther's second form :x

You cannot get far in this game if you don't do alot of inventing and I hate inventing...The only thing I got was an invention for Nel that made her all powerful :lol:

ALso, I'm surprised noone said Ninja Gaiden for the XBox...way too hard and it downs the fun factor the NES versions had
sergio123

Dark Enzeru

2393 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'll agree...I screwed up somewhere and I cannot beat Luther's second form :x

You cannot get far in this game if you don't do alot of inventing and I hate inventing...The only thing I got was an invention for Nel that made her all powerful :*laugh*:

ALso, I'm surprised noone said Ninja Gaiden for the XBox...way too hard and it downs the fun factor the NES versions had

Meh, i had forgotten about inventing :P I don't think i ever took inventing seriously at any point in the game :? never really got what you were meant to do....thats probably one of the reasons why i had so much trouble.

:shock: Whilst we're on the subject of hard games, i'd like to mention Final Fantasy 8. The game itself was pretty easy to get through, and a lot of fun btw :D But...if you remember there was a card game in it. And eventhough, the card game itself was also pretty easy to get through, at times there were some aspects that made it so difficult.

There was something where during the card duel, the cards you use would be picked at random and that made it near impossible to win, and sometimes it got so frustrating :evil: That mini-game was probably the hardest thing i ever had to get through in a game when that option was in play :P

The world is a better place if we all :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the hardest game I've ever played would have to be Ren & Stimpy Show: Veediots! I've never made it halfway through the game. That game is so hard.... I don't really know if I just never got how to play well or if it is really that hard. I like playing it but it is so frustrating.

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Viewtiful Joe was pretty hard. I was stuck on that one level where you have to fight all the bosses over again and then fight that punk Fire Leo guy. That guy was mean. It was also annoying that I had to watch that long cutscene before I fought him every time I continued.

Another thing that was annoyingly hard was the chocobo racing thing on FFX to get Tidus's best weapon. I thought that was much more annoying than dodging 200 lightning bolts or doing Kamari's butterfly maze. I kept getting just above zero seconds, so it took me forever to finally get it.

Shinobi on PS2 is also really hard on hard mode. That game is so fast and intense. The bosses are nearly impossible on hard mode.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hardest game I have ever played, I would not be able to recall since most of the hard games I play are back on the NES and other old systems like that.

Sometimes the hard games for me are games that I don't understand, I get tired of them, or maybe they are simply hard in the difficulty sense. But there are many games of which I won't be beating any time soon.

A few that come to mind are: Ninja Gaiden back on the NES, this strange submarine game I can't recall the title of (Silent Submarines or something like that I think), Tetris (I am never going to actually "beat" tetris, it just never ends.

Some games on he newer councils that are hard for me are: Devil May Cry 3 (Insanely hard for me), Shinobi (hard if you don't know the patterns), and games I try and rush through, mainly RPGs when I am underleveled and am in a spot where I can't go back and train.

And probably the hardest game that I know of is....Pac Man. The dreaded game from Hell. If I remember correctly, it has 255 levels of pure evil to play through. I would probably break my controller on level 12.

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to me, a really hard game is Disgaea. not that the game itself is hard to beat, but the uber prinny is pretty much impossible to beat. youd have to level the crap out of your characters in order to do so, probably 200 hours or so. I have yet to beat that prinny, and I probably never will, due to my short attention span
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: