Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope. I mean this was half true in S3, S4 and S5 but it would seem that they either are trying to be very meticulous with S6 or they may have decided to scrap it altogether (which I hope is not the case). I just hope that they can at least release a good suikoden every 2 years so that can finally get some closure on this entire saga. I don’t want them to play it out so much that it would get to suikoden XVII or something like that because I would feel very cheated.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think 4 was definitlly Half a**ed and rushed and Suikoden 5...I think that was a great game except for the world map and the fact that Morgan Wasnt in it. tactics was cool to in my book it made Suikoden 4 less horrible. But i think that the new suiko crew is definitly improving alot. i would like to see some kind of suiko 5 aftermath game like tactics be released in america though if it doesnt come out oh well but if its only released in Japan i'm gonna by annoyed.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I'm not sure we'll even see one next year. It might depend on what console they're developing for, but like I said, cult games like Suikoden need to come out slightly later in a console's life; they need a larger audience then your average Grand Theft Auto, because they won't sell a bajillion copies.

The original Suikoden was one of the very first RPGs on the PlayStation, and it came out before the console really hit its stride. Suikoden III was also announced at an early phase in the PS2's life.

Now, you're right that a large audience is good, but there are already large enough worldwide audiences for Wii (over 11 million sold), Xbox 360 (over 10 million sold), DS (over 40 million sold) and PSP (over 20 million sold). And if you combine PS3 and Xbox 360 for a multiplatform, you get 15 million. Remember also how quickly Konami announced and then released Suikoden V, just half a year after the official announcement, although there were a few slips. This time, talk of Suikoden VI has been going on for a while now, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Konami announces it as being far into development already and coming out half a year after the official announcement. I think it's very likely that at least Japan will see Suikoden VI in 2008.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Konami is 'rushing' the series, per say... I just feel that since the PSone versions, they haven't put as much 'effort' into the newer games is all.
First example of Konami slacking is the overworld map in SIII. It's a straight Point to Point map with very little room for exploration at your own free will.
Second example is someone tied into my last one. The exploration / linearity of the titles has increased exponentially since SII. Look at how little you could actually do for the first 10+ Hours of SV. Stuck on rails.
Third example is the graphics. They just seem to be getting more an more bland as the series gets older. When compared to games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and even Wild Arms, Suikoden is just not competing visually these days.

I think Konami needs to sit back and assess the magnificent series that they have, buckle down, throw an extra 3 to 8 million dollars on to the budget and produce a AAA title that we all know the next game has the potential to become. If you make an outstanding product, it will sell. Plain and simple really. And, Suikoden is an established enough series to really make a financial gain if Konami is willing to invest the talent into it. I'd rather have to wait another 2 to 3 years and play a Suikoden title that is better than all that came before, than to play a repeat of a SIV on a next gen system. Also, Konami needs to keep this series on the Playstation. Sony could use all the help it could get, and us die hard fans are trying to remain faithful to sony and konami. But lets face it, if Konami copps out by producing it for the Wii because dev costs are less... Well then, we the fanbase has just lost. Really.
But all this is just my opinion.
Red Dye #5 is not an essential nutrient.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So much for rushing.

One of the company officials probably came across this very topic and recommended for this much wanted delay before introducing the next game in the series (Suikoden VI), on top of other possible justifications.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha.

Even if a Konami exec did see this and they were persueded into taking the time to make SVI as great as possible... They could still be at least nice enough to let us know what system the game is on, and maybe even shed a little light on the story/setting, and show some screens!!

Not knowing anything about SVI is killing me!!!

Also, in the meantime, does anyone know if I could get a fan mod / emulation for the Suikoden Gaiden series? I've always wanted to play them. PSN needs to have these as downloads along with SI and SII.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shinobix wrote:
Also, Konami needs to keep this series on the Playstation. Sony could use all the help it could get, and us die hard fans are trying to remain faithful to sony and konami. But lets face it, if Konami copps out by producing it for the Wii because dev costs are less... Well then, we the fanbase has just lost.

Die hard fans of what? Suikoden or Sony? Fanbase of what, Suikoden or Sony?

I've been a Suikoden fan since the first game, and I've played every game in the series (even though I can't find much enjoyment in the Suikogaidens and can't get far in SCS because of not knowing Japanese) and have bought Suikoden soundtracks, the Suikoden III manga, and have a Suikoden printout as a poster above my computer desk. Are you saying that I'm not a diehard Suikoden fan just because I want the game on Wii, and not on PS3?

The things you talked about, a high-quality Suikoden game... the lower development costs help in that. They would also help in finishing the game sooner instead of later. It looks increasingly likely that Suikoden VI won't come out in English until 2009, and that's killing me.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eh.....shinobix was attacking you Sami so calm down a little! :P

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa...
I wasn't attacking Sami (or any Wii owners for that matter... I want a Wii too, just can't find any here in the city I live in... Still!)

There are just some things that go hand in hand to me. I still am having a hard time with Sega developing on multiplatforms... haha.

But seriously, the PS3 needs Suikoden. The system isn't doing to well around the world, there isn't even a handful of JRPGs for the system, and a game like SVI would help bring in some much needed consumer base... Or at least please the RPGgamers that went out and dropped 700 bucks on the sytem.

I think regardless of what system the game comes out on it'll be great... It's Suikoden, how could it not be great? But I'd really like to see it stay on the sony machine is all.

I didn't mean to come off as 'attacking' anyone in my previous post, that wasn't my intention at all.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well from Sony's POV, perhaps they should invest in Suikoden. However, Suikoden doesn't have a large fanbase here, in order for Sony to consider to pay Konami off to keep it on the PS consoles. I'd sooner see Sony trying to buy SE to make FF14 + to be exclusive to PS3, then I do with Sony asking for Suikoden.
From Konami's POV, Wii might actually be a better bet since almost every Japanese household has one, and the Suikoden series is more geared towards the Japanese fanbase. So if Konami wanted SVI to be on a popular system, Wii would actually be it. However, the team which makes Suikoden maybe more used to the PS system, and prefer working with it then the Wii system. So there is a chance it could be on the PS3.

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shinobix wrote:

But seriously, the PS3 needs Suikoden. The system isn't doing to well around the world, there isn't even a handful of JRPGs for the system, and a game like SVI would help bring in some much needed consumer base... Or at least please the RPGgamers that went out and dropped 700 bucks on the sytem.

I think regardless of what system the game comes out on it'll be great... It's Suikoden, how could it not be great? But I'd really like to see it stay on the sony machine is all.

The PS3 not doing well is Sony's own fault. I'll shed no tears for them if they end up losing Suikoden to a rival like Nintendo. Sony got greedy and figured that everyone and their brother would flock to buy the PS3 at $600 a pop. They gambled and lost. I figure you realize that, though, so don't get me wrong.

Having said all that, I agree with Sami that a move to the Wii could potentially help the series a great deal. Lower production costs could lead to a better overall product. Of course, the downside is that a lot of Nintendo faithfuls have never played a Suikoden game, and may not give the series a fair shake. Then again, there has always been a complaint of lack of RPGs on the Nintendo consoles. I can definitely see both sides of this debate.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree whole heartedly that suikoden 3 and suikoden 4 were indeed rush jobs, if anyone has read my reviews I don't even consider SIV a real suikoden game. Suikoden 5 was much much much better then both SIII and SIV put together but was still lightyears away from being anywhere near as good as the first two. Hopefully, SVI will better then SV, however, as i have found out time and time again just because they spend a long time making the game does not mean that it will be a good game.

and personally i hope they keep the world make like those in SI SII and SV because i think no world map is stupid and having it like SIII is worse. but i especially hope they don't do it like FF10, just because i don't think that type of mapping system is approiate for the suikoden series. However, with the powerful next gen consoles, there is always the possiblity of free roaming which could be intresting.

oh and i quick edit

SVI should totally be back on the PS1!!!

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They wouldn't release anything for the PS1, any games that use that generation of graphics and the like will be released on PSP these days. That might be pretty good actually, I've failed at emulating Suiko 2 on PSP - gets stuck in a loop at the mist monster! :(

Are they rushing the series? Perhaps they have been, I liked the concept of Suiko 3 and there were a few things that let it down (but the writer leaving during production can do that) but I did really like the character/costume designs and music in the game.

Suikoden V they clearly took more time on, and the only real complaint I have with V is the story ... or at least the lack of a competant enemy. I did like the fact that choices you made were actually listened to, and when you insisted on staying in the castle there were actual consequences for your actions. I'd like to see them bring something new to the series in terms of combat and/or story, if that means the next game isn't released till 2010 then I'm fine with that.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if Konami is rushing the series nowadays, Suikoden VI should have been released right about now, or even at least Konami should have given us some information about the game already. By the looks of things, I think Konami's taking their precious time, if they already have started developing the game. I just hope they do release the game some time in the future. I don't care how long they keep us waiting, just as long as they do.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we do know that Suikoden VI has been in the works for a while now. Seemingly, before V came out from what I have read. So, no, they are definately not rushing the new Suikodens through production. I think I remember hearing that Suikoden V was originally in the conceptual stages at the time that Suikoden III came out! That may have been someone over exagerating, but they do spend a good amount of time on each game nowadays. They just overlap production so the products come out faster.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: