Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjcruz0622

1212 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No they arent being rushed. Suikoden Developers is taking their time in making sure we get to play only the finest games. Also, im pretty impatient in waiting for the next Suikoden. :)

Dragon Cavalry

3113 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im actually getting impatient waiting for the next one. PS2 has spoiled us, 4 suikodens in less than 4 years. Now I need another suiko fix
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We dun get any news from Konami except rumour of SuikoVI. Actually its kinda frustrating to wait for such a long period without any news from it...Sigh...but in another hand...we all want Konami to make a great Suikoden game in its 6th eps! :*laugh*:
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My primary concern isn't them rushing the series, it's them loosing track of where they want to go with the story. Suikoden 1,2, and 3 seemed to have a focus - direcing the story in a general direction. However with the installment of 4, Tactics, and 5 it feels like they arn't progressing with that story but instead taking us on a tour of the suikoden world. Not that it's a problem, but I dont see how Lazlo's actions in uniting the Island Nations affects the storyline that 1, 2, and 3 tried to establish.

We have to hope that the game is moving along a general storyline, otherwise it makes all the mystery, reaccuring characters, and history somewhat pointless. That's just my opinion, they can take as long as they like with the next game as long as it somehow ties S4 and S5 into the primary storyline of the game. Unfortunatly I remain skeptical that it will be so, because they change staff so often I dont think they have a primary storyline to follow anymore. oh well, here's hoping.

I hate you Onimaru.
Levenheit

Dragon Cavalry

3113 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:
We dun get any news from Konami except rumour of SuikoVI. Actually its kinda frustrating to wait for such a long period without any news from it...Sigh...but in another hand...we all want Konami to make a great Suikoden game in its 6th eps! :*laugh*:

KONAMI!! RELEASE SOME INFO ALREADY!!!

Onimaru wrote:
My primary concern isn't them rushing the series, it's them loosing track of where they want to go with the story. Suikoden 1,2, and 3 seemed to have a focus - direcing the story in a general direction. However with the installment of 4, Tactics, and 5 it feels like they arn't progressing with that story but instead taking us on a tour of the suikoden world. Not that it's a problem, but I dont see how Lazlo's actions in uniting the Island Nations affects the storyline that 1, 2, and 3 tried to establish.

We have to hope that the game is moving along a general storyline, otherwise it makes all the mystery, reaccuring characters, and history somewhat pointless. That's just my opinion, they can take as long as they like with the next game as long as it somehow ties S4 and S5 into the primary storyline of the game. Unfortunatly I remain skeptical that it will be so, because they change staff so often I dont think they have a primary storyline to follow anymore. oh well, here's hoping.

I think they could easily do this and bring back some characters if they did the story of the Succession War
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levenheit wrote:
I think they could easily do this and bring back some characters if they did the story of the Succession War

Very true, and as much as I'd like to see Bergen, Geil Rugner, and Schmidt I dont think it's a route they would go. Primarily because we already know what happens, we already know who wins, who dies, and how the war ends. we'll all see the kalleka incident coming from a mile away, we'll know that we're sending Bergen off to his death when he rides off to help Schmidt against Kwada. 'etc. It would be an amazing story, and would have been great if that story was the original focus of S1 before all the details of that war were released. Not to mention I dont see Konami as wanting to go back and re-explore a territory they've already established. I think the main focus of the series right now is a new country each game, they're establishing an entire world. For what purpose we dont know, but slowly we're being introduced to every major nation. Hopefully this has some purpose, but more than likely they're just using it as an excuse to keep cranking out the games to string us along.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the biggest problem with a game fousing on the Succession War is the game its based on is 10 years old. It's a cult hit, but what are the chances the audience Konami wants to attract has even heard of Suikoden I? And even if they did, it's not exactly easy to find anymore outside of Japan...

I woudn't worry that we're not hearing much on Suikoden V yet. Suikoden games are cult hits at best, so even if Konami wanted to make one RIGHT NOW, it wouldn't make much business sense to - a cult hit really needs to be able to hit a larger audience to be able to sell much at all. It took 3 years between Suikoden II and Suikoden III, and it doesn't seem like any game system this generation will enjoy the same domination almost right out the gate that the PS2 did.

I wouldn't worry they're cancelling it just yet either. There's a lot of Suikoden merchandise they're putting out in Japan for Suikoden V (earings, a manga, 4koma collections, soundtrack remixes, a digital manga) and I doubt all of it is fanservice so much as a desire to keep the name around in the open and remind people it exists; that would be a rather questionabe desire if they didn't plan on doing something with the series.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you think Konami will announce anything ´bout Suikoden this year at all?
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Our best bet is probably hearing something released on the Konami threads or on Kings blog, i dont know if anyone has translated these in a while to give us an update or not. if so, i haven't seen it. But i sure would like to. *wink wink*

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Do you think Konami will announce anything ´bout Suikoden this year at all?

It is hard to tell really, there are points for yes and points for no, I do think we will see a Suikoden VI though.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats soo damn sad.

I mean we have such a great RPG series here an "nobody" (not a lot of people in the whole world compared to other rpg giants) buy this series because it´s not very famous.
And SE are making remake for remake for remake of every damn FF game and everyone goes nuts about only because it has some better graphics and shit.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i'm not mistaken the Suiko games enjoy some level of success in Japan correct? It may not be great, but they are a runner right? There are all sorts of games that Japan keeps shipping to the states that sell far worse than the Suiko series, so I hope that it's lack of popularity in the US doesnt affect the release of a future suiko or the continuation of the series.

I hate you Onimaru.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way the lack of announcement is going with the franchise I wouldn't consider the series as being rushed this very moment. One has to assume that once they announce the game for whichever console that it will be another 8-12 months before it even comes out. I'm going to assume that we won't be getting a Suikoden game no earlier than late 2008 at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until 2009 for the next game to be released to see if PS3 numbers have risen high enough then.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any announcement about Suikoden VI in this year. Some Suikoden games have taken quite some time to be released after the previous one. All I can say about this is to be patient, to wait until Konami releases some info on the next installment, whenever that will be. We can't do anything much besides to wait for it anyway.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure we'll even see one next year. It might depend on what console they're developing for, but like I said, cult games like Suikoden need to come out slightly later in a console's life; they need a larger audience then your average Grand Theft Auto, because they won't sell a bajillion copies.

Also, RPGs just about always take the longest time to develop. The reason Suikoden IV and V were put out so fastly in comparison was because they were both being worked on at the same time.

The series doesn't exactly seem to be dying, so I wouldn't worry yet. :*laugh*:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: