Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series now? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To unveil Suikoden Tatics and then to unveil Suikoden 5 before Tactics is released. And to now let on That Suiko 6 is in development when info on Suiko 5 is scarce and Tactics isn't even out yet? It's pretty obvious there rushing to the end.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 6 is in development? Source, please?
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Source? Your already at the Source!

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5387&sid=88fa00901d4aebac58 a3249a1206173a
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The end is near so they are getting things done swiftly? I guess its time for Suikoden.
think of it, they need to wow people, with Kingdom Hearts 2, and Final Fantast 12, and other fine games comming out, they need to do somthing also with a long running series, to fight those two, being RPG's, they need a RPG.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 6 isn't in devopment exactly. More like planing stages. At the very best they have a tech demo running some parts of the system. But I really think it's more of a "what do you think should be in the next one" kinda stage. Rhaps. was probley in devlopment along side S4, and Suikoden 5 was getting started by the end of the release year of S4.

It's not that surpriseing. Look at Square or what ever the heck they want to call themselves now. Lately they have had around three Final Fansty projects at one time. It's all a matter of how many teams are avaible plus there intersert in the project. Which seems higher now.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that they are trying to rush to the end of the series. Releasing this many games in such a short span will hopefully increase the fan base. I already think this series is better than the FF series and I think it will only separate itself further in time. FF12 is supposedly adding some action elements to its battle system which I think is a huge mistake. I am one of those people that really enjoy a turn-based battle system. With the FF series going down this route they might lose some of their traditional fan base which could leave some people looking for another good turn based RPG.

Maybe they'll all become Suikoden fans ......... as long as konami doesn't try to follow in Square-Enix's path.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username is right- it's all a matter of how many teams they have to develop the games. Square's got several, and it's pretty obvious who made with Final Fantasy games- just take a look at the style differences between FFs VII, VIII, and IX! They cranked those out pretty swiftly, too.

Don't worry too much about it, yo. ;3

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edited for pointless comment.

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe those ppl on top of me is right. as long as there is manpower behind this games they can release it in a short span of time. besides a large no. of fans are maybe clamoring for their releas. ehey its good news for us that 3 suikoden games are being announce right? tell me you haven't got those silly smiles on your faces when you heard the explosive news.

just as long as it ain't crappy.... i know i'm still going to play it... hehehe! how would i know right?

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
To unveil Suikoden Tatics and then to unveil Suikoden 5 before Tactics is released.

How long did it take for those II's spin-off titles to appear after its release? One can't expect to have much delay between IV and Rhapsodia because of how the story are intertwined, etc.

All in all, this seems to me more like a marketing strategy proper, since they've already planned to include a Suikoden V track in the bonus pre-order CD for Rhapsodia. Plus, the PS2 era is ending pretty soon, so the decision to bring V forward sooner seems reasonable.

As for Suikoden VI, there was no specific mention of it in the interview with Kawano. If anything, it only shows that Konami has plans to make more follow-up Suikoden installments on PS3 and is looking for new talents to work on with the series in the near future.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being rushed? No. Konami is finally starting to get Suikoden moving is all. So long as different teams can focus on the games they are incharge of, I think it will be okay.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Kawano really *is* making a Suikoden Extreme Beach Volleyball for the PS3!

^Actual quote!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Maybe Kawano really *is* making a Suikoden Extreme Beach Volleyball for the PS3!

*shoots the topic* I tryed posting but that 500 server error killed it. why must the server be so...errorus?

anway I almost think that is a bad idea, It will turn off old fans of the series who loved it for what it was, but wasn't there a game series that -did- make a vollyball game? Mario has various sport games, go-cart racing, tennis, golf, baceball. I'm suppirsed there isn't a Mario poker. I think Zelda fans would be sad to see Zelda to that.

Final fantasy hasn't done anything crazy like this yet either, but they are making a spin off with Vincent right? Prhaps the'd do a game like this.

as much as I'd like to see "my boys" in speedos I doubt that would happen, I've seen "OMG luc in a thong yaahhh!" jokes but normaly the beach-wear market is in the girls. seeing those will just make me sad or upset (not that i'm a lunitic feminist) But I still would be distrubed if it was so. I think a racing game is a worse idea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Final Fantasy did dabble in the mini-game market once. I don't suppose anyone else here remembers the Chocobo Racing Game on Playstation..... Bahamut on a go-cart...*shrugs*
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if they are starting to get back into marketing the Suikoden series and therefore bringing games out faster - this has destroyed other series. A classic example is Tomb Raider, the first game was a great exploration game with challenging puzzles, the developers however saw all the potential coming from other ... assets... and rushed out game after game for release in four consecutive christmases. The games got steadily less imaginative and now the series is basically in ruins.

While I'm glad that Konami is bringing more attention back to Suikoden ( we looked a little stranded for a while with no news of any new games ) this could have a negative effect on the series if the games are then rushed to meet consumer demand.

People often say that FF7 was the best of the series, I attribute this to the fact that the developers spent some extra time on the game to get the little things in and working. Suikoden has been known for the same traits, if you were to collect every item in Suikoden 2 you would need a hundred hours at least.

Even with the games being developed by different teams I hope they dont rush the series to try and cater for a larger fanbase. That's the main problem of FF these days, they're trying to expand their already massive consumer base by adding action elements, but eventually they're going to start losing the original fanbase as it becomes a different game altogether.

Having said that, from what we've seen of GS5 thus far it appeals to me - I would like to see more emotes coming back though, one of the things I think was lost in the 3D suikodens is the expressions of characters, the sweatbead/music note/shock lines and jump... the little things that bring characters to life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: