Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hero 4's name decided in official novel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Hero 4's name decided in official novel Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The official Suikoden 4 novel will be released in Japan on the 10th, but some Japanese fans got advanced copies of the book. They report that the hero's name is Lazlo.
Lazlo can also be spelled as "Laslo," but the name is Slavic in origin and "Lazlo" would be closest to the original spelling.

So I suppose the Hero of Suikoden 4 can henceforth be called Lazlo (En Kuldez if you wish).
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is that what he was named by Lino/the Queen, or by whoever in Razril?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, so all we need is a name for the Flame Champion now. Now since this is the OFFICIAL novel, I assume this has more weight than Tir/Riou, which were from non-cannonical sources, right?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good question. The Japanese fan who revealed this didn't say anything about that. I will ask him/her.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the name is Lazlo? I can't say that that would have been my first choice for the name of a Suikoden hero. It just doesn't seem to have the same flare as Tir and Riou to me. Oh well I'm sure that I will get used to it eventually or maybe they will give him another thing we can call him eventaully like they refer to Tir by his last name by default.

I would assume that the name was given to him in Razril because, if I'm not mistaken, he was lost at see when he was only a baby. Also if it was his birth name then you would think that Lino would be able to 2 and 2 together or we would get Lino's son's name if Lazlo wasn't his son. However this is all assumption

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okau, just confirmed that his name was given by their "foster" family, the Vingerfuts
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah crap! This is horrible news! ... I was far in my save to transfer into Rhaps. >< I have to start all over again! ^^ Oh well Can you ask about the Ship name and there Army name? I'd like to know that before starting over. Thanks for the info ^^

Lazlo kinda fits him.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HA! And to think that I name him Lavitz ... at least they shared the same La-La and both have the letter "z" in them hahahaha. It does fit him, I guess. If only I have the will to play the game once again.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Chokes after hearing name*

You serious!? O_o Gosh, that name makes me think of football (Sigh.. soccer) for a reason.

The name, in my opinion, can't fit the hero. I mean, that sort of name fits aristocrats more, and the guy is just a slave boy, so to speak. Even if he was adopted by a rich family, it doesn't give him the right to use such a fancy name. (Maybe I am a little too critical here...)

It is strange, though, that the names for heros 1,2 and 4 is out, but where is that of the Flame Champion?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lazlo makes me think of a mechanic that barely speaks English but is fully fluent in the language of buttcrack.

Interestingly enough, though, it means "to rule with glory" (in Hungarian).

ETA: Any official word on if Lino = Lazlo's papa?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure the answer is no. Is there any plans to bring the novel state side?

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess you never can tell with these crazy Suikoden names - in a hundred years I never would have thought that his name could be something like Lazlo. When I first read then I thought, 'Lame.'

But, when I think about it, Ted is rather simple name and had they not told me the character's name, I would have thought it to be something like Orion (though that does not fit his character at all, just an example) and I would have been entirely wrong.

While I sort of don't like the name Lazlo, I don't really like the Suikoden IV Hero much either, so I suppose it fits.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Curse those Vingerfuts for giving him such a name! Hopefully Hero IV learns of his "true lineage" and re-adopts his original name...supposing it's better of course.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but what if Lazlo's birth name was .... SUSAN???? Or worse yet, he could have MY IRL name! Poor kid.

Well, knowing ole King Hippie, his birth name might be, like, Rainbow or, you know, Unicorn or something. Like, totally.

I'd rather be named Lazlo.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Lino named his daugther Flare, maybe he named his son Meteor? :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: