Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

some questions about suikoden II.....:S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible that the PROT stat (which is DEF + DEF from armor and accessories) is a requirement. So for those with high DEF, might not need the extra DEF stats from the armor and accessories. While those with not so high DEF would need the armor and accessories. But the problem is, we don't really know the exact number of the PROT stat to save Nanami. So it might be better to still equip the armor, just in case.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So there is also no ending that nanami stays alive ?????
Damn i wish i could really keep her alive....

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope I`m not misunderstanding you, but Nanami does indeed survive in the best ending. You can`t use her in your party anymore after her "death", though.

And I just said to keep the armour on because, like Bugg said, it may or may not make difference. It`s safes and easiest just to keep it on in any case. It`s not like getting the potch to replace it is hard...:)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I hope I`m not misunderstanding you, but Nanami does indeed survive in the best ending. You can`t use her in your party anymore after her "death", though.

And I just said to keep the armour on because, like Bugg said, it may or may not make difference. It`s safes and easiest just to keep it on in any case. It`s not like getting the potch to replace it is hard...:)

Well.. What can I say? I'm lazy, and I hate to "waste" good things. :mrgreen:
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rina gets to 1000 damage pretty easily with Fury and Double-Strike Runes. You can add something like a Double-Beat Rune to her third rune slot for extra damage, or give her a Kite Rune to make her able to attack all enemies for a lot of damage. This subject is studied in much more detail in the topic down near the bottom of the first page of this forum, that has a name like "Why Rina is so good, according to SARS".
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also have trouble finding the rope game when I played :D I like to wander around in the castle and I never know about the rope game area until I talked to an NPC, and she said something about the laundry area...
Always thought those windows are just decorations, never tried to walk through them...

Eloriel wrote:
Gwendal wrote:

2. Do NOT unequip Nanami`s armour before she leaves your party. Make sure she has some kind of armour on, even if it`s a crappy one.

I never had any problem with that, and I mean never. I always unequip her armour (so I can give it to someone else) and she always survives, but I think that she also always have a high defense so.. Maybe that's the secret?

Hmmm... weird. I have asked SARSadmin before about this on GameFAQs, and I am pretty sure he said that Nanami needed to have armor even if her natural defense is over 120...

Maybe its just your disk...? I have heard people getting Clive without activating the Muse scene before.

Well, just to stay on the safe side, at least give her a crappy armor.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically all your questions have been answered I guess ^_^;; well, an advice for your party against the final boss (Q3):

I think you need some magicians so you can do some decent damage and have healing members as well. Remember, it attacks three times per turn, so better to equip the magicians with Water or Cyclone (i recommend this one) or Wind runes.
Lorelai, Sheena, Futch, and Flik are above average as far as magic and physical attacks are concerned, I suggest taking them with you.

Take down the right leg first, because although it doesn't attack it can heal dead parts of the beast. Or aim directly to the two heads and the rune, and get the battle over quick. If this three is eliminated you win the battle even you didn't kill the two legs.

Mazus, Luc, and Tengaar are exceptionally great magic users, but keep them in the back row for avoiding unnecessary damage. Viki.. is also a great magician, but her locked Blinking rune is kind of a waste of Rune slot. And I recommend against using it. I used this once when she was in my party when chasing Luca and she teleposted all the remaining pary members! I lost miserable and had to do the battles all over again -______- I was really into the game..! so I thought I'd just get the SilverWolves done with as quick as possible.. heh, little did I know..

And remember to sharpen your weapons and have all the best equipments :wink: Hope this helps. Goodluck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: