Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

some questions about suikoden II.....:S
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: some questions about suikoden II.....:S Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few questions about suikoden II:

1. There is many times mentioned there is a robe climbing contest but i can't figure that out.........

2. Then how do i get rina to give 1000 damage ?????

3. What is the best party to defeat the ending boss????

4. How do i get the perfect ending (keep jowy alive)??????

If i can get the awnsers on these questions i am one step closer to a perfect save block

Thank you verry much.
Your pal, nanami-san

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
OrangeWarrior

Piercing Rain

253189 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I might as well try to answer.
1. the rope climbing contest is one screen north of the entrance to the restuarant. Go talk to the soldier by the cliff.
2. Couldn't tell I've never used Rina.
3. That all depends on how you want to stack your party. However the last time I played the game I used three short range attackers: Flik, Georg, Genshu(wasn't worth it), one short range mage: Mazus, one Middle range attacker: Gijimu, and of course Riou. During the final fight, one of the short range attackers confusion(caused by a spell) he switched places with whomever was behind him, and could still use physical attacks.
4. All stars, and Huan must call in Shu after Namami gets hit with the arrow, via you responding quickly enough before the arrow volly is fired.

I hoped that helped :)
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should complete what orange worrior wrote about the fourth point :
..... then go to the place where you made the promise with jowy, after that you will fight him, when he start the duel try to defend all the time ( don't be afraid he won't kill you ).
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thank you both for the help and yes i know not to attack jowy :)
Btw maken thats melfice from grandia II you got there :p
Great game in my oppinion :)

new question:
----------------
What do you mean with "via you responding quickly enough before the arrow volly is fired"???????
Do i have to smach the X button or something ????

Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah it's a great game , it's my best RPG.

and I think the best party for the final boss would be :
- Victor , Riou , Georg ( or Tir )
- Luc , Mazus , Clive

Last edited by Maken on Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To get the perfect ending...and this post will contain spoilers, but I don`t think we need to mark those on this board. Please tell me if I`m wrong...anyways:

1. You need to have all 108 Stars of Destiny recruited prior to the briefing before you go to attack Rockaxe. Everyone must be alive except Kiba, whom I belive is dead due to the story at this point. If you`ve done this correctly, Leknaat will appear and unlock the Forgiver Sign spell on the Bright Shield Rune.

2. Do NOT unequip Nanami`s armour before she leaves your party. Make sure she has some kind of armour on, even if it`s a crappy one.

3. When the arrows are fired at Nanami, you get a few seconds to scroll down and make a choice. IIRC the correct choice is "Nanami!!!". Riou should take out his tonfas if you`ve done it correctly. Just keep pressing down and X continously to be sure.

4. After Dr.Huan tells you that Nanami is dead, he should ask Shu to come inside for a word. This tells you whether you`ve succeeded or not. If Shu isn`t called inside Huan`s room, you`re screwed.

5. When you`ve killed the final boss, teleport to Kyaro and go to the Tenzan Pass. Duel Jowy without attacking once(I know you know :P), then keep refusing to take his Rune no matter what. Eventually he should be healed.

As for the best party...it`s all a matter of taste. Bob, Killey and Sheena are supposed to be the most powerful characters if used correctly, but I`ve never bothered. I used Wakaba, Valeria, Georg Prime, Riou, Clive and Eilie last time and did fine.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be more specific, get 108 characters before heading to Matilda for the second time, i.e, when part when Nanami dies.

Correction, armor is not necessary for Nanami as long as she's of a decent level, and the option of what Riou shouts out doesn't matter, meaning, just keep pounding X around that sequence...

To get a confirmation that you've gotten the good ending, see if Huan asks Shu into the room after he announces that Nanami is dead. If he does ask Shu in, Nanami survives. If he doesn't try again. You probably did something wrong...
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Everyone must be alive except Kiba, whom I belive is dead due to the story at this point.

No, Kiba should still be alive at this point. His attack on the Mercenary Fort occurs during your assault on Matilda, so he dies while you are attacking Rockaxe.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
To be more specific, get 108 characters before heading to Matilda for the second time, i.e, when part when Nanami dies.

I think Gwendal got it right. 108 SoDs before the briefing to attack Matilda in Great Hall in N.Window. That's as specific as you can get, really.

Quote:
Correction, armor is not necessary for Nanami as long as she's of a decent level,

This is in no way a confirmed answer because some people have complained that they couldn't save Nanami (regardless of what her level was, most likely they'd be around the same level anyway due to Suikoden unique way of leveling up) without equiping the armor. I'm not saying that it's a must to have the armor, but it's better to equip armor to her just in case.

Quote:
2. Then how do i get rina to give 1000 damage ?????

Not trying to be rude here, but how did you know that Rina could deal 1,000 damage? Did you happen to read it in a thread? The very same thread that explained on how she could deal 1,000 damage? Probably you should read that thread again rather than asking about something that you must've known in the first place anyway.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm well this is rather easily solved and can be dealt with in short order anyway. These are rather easy questions to deal with anyway I may as well answer them though im sure others already have. Spoiler alert warning by the way.

1. There is many times mentioned there is a robe climbing contest but i can't figure that out......... It's right outside of the resteraunt where the doors lead to the outside. Thats where the game is if that is what you were wondering but aside from that I am not really sure what you mean if it isnt?

2. Then how do i get rina to give 1000 damage ????? It is merely a combination of the stats that she has and the runes that she is wearing at the time simple as that. With the right combination it is very possible though I havent actually tried it personally.

3. What is the best party to defeat the ending boss???? It is my personal belief that you can defeat the end boss with any party that you choose so long as they are built up enough and have the right runes equipped. So I would say go with the party that you like the most and thats all I should say.

4. How do i get the perfect ending (keep jowy alive)?????? To get the perfect ending you need to have recruited all one hundred and eight stars and then after you defeat the last boss and hear the whole speech say no to the request. Then go back to the mountain which is north of the town you start in and go to where at the start you and Jowy make a mark on that stone. There you will duel with Jowy but always defend and eventually you will get the perfect ending to that.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
1. There is many times mentioned there is a robe climbing contest but i can't figure that out......... It's right outside of the resteraunt where the doors lead to the outside. Thats where the game is if that is what you were wondering but aside from that I am not really sure what you mean if it isnt?

As the ending question has been answered to death, here's some others. I also had a lot of trouble finding this game *8th time thru i think*... here's the trick.

On the screen with the two entrances to the restaurant at the bottom, there are some large fancy windows on the back wall. These are NOT windows, all three are doors. Walk up to them and you'll go through, finding the washing lines and a soldier ( Ace ) standing next to the edge of a cliff. Talk to him to start the rope game.

The Rina damage recipe? It's in one of the threads around here. Seek and you shall find.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the corrections of the Kiba thing...I haven`t been at that part in a long while. About Nanami`s stats and equipment...I`ve heard rumours about her needing a certain defence value(was it 120 or something?), not a certain level. I`ve also read that she needs to have a piece of armour equipped in addition to the neccessary defence.

Anyway, I tried to keep it as simple and straightforward as I could, to make it easier for Nanami-san...and it`s best to keep a piece of armour on her just to be on the safe side.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A question for Filipe :
What does spoiler alert mean ??????????
It does not really sound like a good thing :cry:
Whatever I did wrong to make you type that I apoligise!!!!!!!

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well poeple read the first post with the questions and should see if they wanne know that or not.
If they don't wanne read it fine, we aint forcing them.....(or are we?????)

Eloriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
To get the perfect ending...and this post will contain spoilers, but I don`t think we need to mark those on this board. Please tell me if I`m wrong...anyways:

2. Do NOT unequip Nanami`s armour before she leaves your party. Make sure she has some kind of armour on, even if it`s a crappy one.

I never had any problem with that, and I mean never. I always unequip her armour (so I can give it to someone else) and she always survives, but I think that she also always have a high defense so.. Maybe that's the secret?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: