Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it is in development, it can still go to the Xbox 360 or Wii, there have been some games that were designed solely for a platform have ended up on another before.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
If it is in development, it can still go to the Xbox 360 or Wii, there have been some games that were designed solely for a platform have ended up on another before.

Yeah but that is usually because of other circumstances beyond just a "Maybe we should have it on this system instead." A change in system usually only happens when a game is moved to a next generation console or the project is stalled for various reasons and when re-visited is moved to another console.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:

Yeah but that is usually because of other circumstances beyond just a "Maybe we should have it on this system instead." A change in system usually only happens when a game is moved to a next generation console or the project is stalled for various reasons and when re-visited is moved to another console.

Well there is always the possibility. Out of anything out there, money and opportunity might have the power to change Konami's mind. :P
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The opportunity is actually better on the PS3 than anywhere else. FF fans will get the PS3 for the 2 FFXIII games coming out for it, and then they'll theoretically look for other games to play while waiting for the next one. There are less RPGs to choose from on the PS3 (at least now) so there's a better chance they would pick up Suikoden.

Or not, but a man can dream, can't he?

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...I never thought of it that way, but that makes a lot of sense!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've said it before, i'll say it again. It's going PS3 for the save state transfer file system. They wouldn't loose that, it's an integrated part of the suikoden experience. Neither X-Box or Wii can support the saved data from S1 - SV so it's gotta be the PS3. Hands down.

I hate you Onimaru.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neither Suikoden IV nor V had save state transfer files though. The developers might decide to just scrap that whole aspect. Although Tactics had it, so it's a good argument.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't think that the save transfers are an integral part of the Suikoden series and it wouldn't hurt the series if the idea was just removed entirely. I mean, Suikoden V didn't have the said feature. How could you say that the save transfers are so important when they weren't present latest installment(s) of the series? It's not really an assurance that the next Suikoden game would be on the PS3 just for the save transfers. Who knows, maybe Konami intentionally removed the save transfers in Suikoden V so that they wouldn't take need of it if they would release Suikoden VI on another console? I think that's a pretty good and reasonable idea.

But still, I would like Suikoden VI be released in the PS3 though.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus everybody would need the memorycard adaptor which gives you the opportunity to get hold of your old saves, since PS3 has no memorycrad slots.

Now, I really don´t care for which platform it will come as long as they keep developing.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Konami would base their platform decision largely (if at all) on the save transfer feature. It is nice to have though I agree.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well maybe the make a save which can be transfered an the next walkthrough. Would be a cool new idea in my opinion.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Well maybe the make a save which can be transfered an the next walkthrough. Would be a cool new idea in my opinion.

You mean SV saved data will be transfered to SVI? that seems to be the trend (SIV couldn't use saved data but you could trans it's info to Rapsodia)

I hate you Onimaru.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's mostly because of timeline gaps, I would assume! Why tranfer S3 data into S4? The stories don't mesh. Same with S4/ST and S5. There's room for some extra little hidden homages, but not enough to necessitate a save file!

Edit: If VI takes place post-V or post-III, I could definitely see them adding in a save file bonus. I would love it if they had a post-III game with a Suikdoen III save file bonus!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Sialeeds wrote:

You mean SV saved data will be transfered to SVI? that seems to be the trend (SIV couldn't use saved data but you could trans it's info to Rapsodia)

No if you´ll beat SVI you can load your finished save to unlock things on your next walkthrough on the same game.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean like New Game +?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: