Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we don't know quite yet if they have learned from their mistakes, do we? We will have to wait and see for Rhaps. And if it is as good as it seems, I think they have. :D
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lets hope for the best right (crosses fingers).

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:
Change is not what the majority of fans want...

We want improving and perfecting what is already established!

We want the game to preserve what it always had, but make it better. This isn't hard to do. Suikoden 2 took everything good about Suikoden 1 and perfected it, while doing away with what was bad. Thats what we want, plain and simple.

Doesn't that also exactly explain the changes between Suikoden 2 and 3? Only that we weren't happy with that one. The result: Suikoden 4. Sorry that they misunderstood one-third of the fandom, but the rest of us isn't exactly thrilled by the idea of dropping 3's innovations and returning to the series' glorified "roots".

Exactly.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I'm not saying I hate Suikoden 3. I for one think that a lot of what S3 introduced should have been kept. The skill system being the most important. I liked how you could track when spells were going to be cast, and you could move around in battles. The characters had more depth than they ever had before, to the point where even the most unimportant minor recruit had a wealth of personality. Most importantly the storytelling was also of superb quality and easily matches or outdoes the previous games. The game showed an amount of culture and society not shown in other games and even though it had craptacular (at best) graphics the game still managed to look endearing. But there were obvious flaws like the animation and the buddy system and the lengthly battles and other issues. The Trinity System always seems to be a debatable issue with just as many loving it as hating it. Likewise with the war system.

But the point is we griped about what we didn't like and obsessed over what we did like and we were *very* detailed and very vocal and mostly widespread in our gripes...and Konami didn't understand a damn word of it. They only heard us griping and said "Well lets not do anything like Suikoden 3 ever again" Apparently the people that make Suikoden like doing copious amounts of drugs and not actually observing thier surroundings.

On to the topic of a PS3 Suikoden game: Do you think they would make a better war system? With a PS3's capabilities they should be able to make a very well-detailed war battle system, something like Kessen. And what of duels? With a PS3's capabilities would they be able to throw in a Tekken-like fighting system? Or would that all still be too much for the system to handle?

^Actual quote!
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:) This made me smile, mainly because I haven't been keeping up with Suikoden as much as I'd have liked to in the past few months (or full past year, even). Hell, I haven't even finished Suikoden IV to the halfway mark yet, and here I find out Rhapsodia & V are coming out with some alluding to a possible third sequel in the process. Man, that made my day! Maybe I can go back to my Differential Equations homework and not stab myself in the thigh again! :D

PS3: I'd hope they'd improve a bit on the war system and duel system. Duel system got a little old once I realized you just respond to what they say and beat them. I really did like Suikoden III's wars though. :) Especially when Landis wacked Yuber into submission in my game! :mrgreen:

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But the point is we griped about what we didn't like and obsessed over what we did like and we were *very* detailed and very vocal and mostly widespread in our gripes...and Konami didn't understand a damn word of it. They only heard us griping and said "Well lets not do anything like Suikoden 3 ever again" Apparently the people that make Suikoden like doing copious amounts of drugs and not actually observing thier surroundings.

That's... Harsh.

And I'm not saying that 108 stars + plot elements = Suikoden would make a fantastic story already. I'm just saying that's all they need to make one. And they could make the crappiest suikoden game ever but as long as it has those bits it can be a Suikoden.

I know a lot of fans didn't like 3, but a lot of fans did like it too. And you can't very much expect them to take in every detail of the fans and just make their "UlTiMaTe GaMe". Though I'd be rather amused if the makers heard the criticism and said "Screw you! We're busy buying expensive things with our pay!".

Well FFVII-2 had many people weeping for joy. I'd like them to continue making completely new SoDs, just becausse I like it that way.

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved FFX-2. Most fun in an FF period.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion the people at Konami are going to try to redeem themselves in Rhapsodia, or even in Suikoden V if it is already too late for them to make a decent game with Rhapsodia, which I hope it's not the case. Anyways I think the only way to find out if the next games are going to please the fans is by waiting for them to come out. I'll just try to keep my hopes up and my expectations well, not so high.
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... I understood that SIII and SIV were being developed near simultaneously. So it's not like, deep in the development cycle, the SIV crew were going to turn a 180 to copy some element of SIII.
Besides, the trinity system is just an excuse to reuse dungeons more than necessary.
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Thief wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:
Change is not what the majority of fans want...

We want improving and perfecting what is already established!

We want the game to preserve what it always had, but make it better. This isn't hard to do. Suikoden 2 took everything good about Suikoden 1 and perfected it, while doing away with what was bad. Thats what we want, plain and simple.

Doesn't that also exactly explain the changes between Suikoden 2 and 3? Only that we weren't happy with that one. The result: Suikoden 4. Sorry that they misunderstood one-third of the fandom, but the rest of us isn't exactly thrilled by the idea of dropping 3's innovations and returning to the series' glorified "roots".

Exactly.

Wow I thought I was the only person in the world who liked Suikoden III and thought it was the best in the series.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, wait... we've been arguing over this for like 20 pages over on the Suikoden VI thread, and this one's been around for HOW LONG?!

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm happy that Kawano was at least looking that far ahead at the time, it bodes well for the situation we are currently in.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? Limbo? Has anyone heard any new information since?

Will it even be on the PS3 considering its super sales?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if they started designing it that long ago with the intent of it being on PS3, it's probably going to be on PS3.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm pretty sure that they have already started designing or at least done some planning about Suikoden VI some time in the past already. So the question now is that are they (Konami) intending the next Suikoden game to be released on the PS3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: