Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kawano was interviewed in a Konami School blog (Konami School is where potentil Konami employees are trained for hire).

The Blog:

http://www.konamischool.jp/gc/archives/category2/blog/

Within, Kawano is asked the question what she would do with the series after PS3 is released, and she blurts out that she would like to add subtler effects such as movements of the wind to accentuate scenes. She then says, "anything more is top secret!" She then says that the genso suikoden team is looking for talented people who want to make new things, etc.

Well, knowing that neither Rhapsodia or Suikoden 5 is for the PS3, this prety much guarantees that Suikoden 6 is already in development. What a shocker, eh?
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh man i can hear people falling to peices at the thought of Kawano's involvment in another Suikoden game...

i could careless whos invovled as long as they continue with the serie...thanx for the news.

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden 5 is announced, then it would seem likely that Suikoden 6 could be in the planning stages and they are starting to look into development on the PS3. I would think initial sales would be significantly higher if the S5 was released for the PS2. They need to give the price time to drop on the PS3 before they put games on it.

This is just my opinion and I obviously could be wrong but from a business stand point Suikoden 5 would make more sense on the PS2.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats great news. I have also relised this last week has certinatly had plenty of supprises like the newly revealed Suikoden V and The Kawano article revealing a potential Suikoden VI. Wow what a week. :D
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Suikoden 5 will be on the PS2 I believe. I think the article was suggesting that Suikoden 6 will be on the PS3 and that could be more than 2 years in the future.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe it looks like Konami is pushing Suikoden strong not that I'm complaining, yet...

But...

I really hope they don't burn the series out so to speak, I want deep epic storylines like I and II (III wasn't particularly deep despite the character development and many star (4) deaths) and IV was... Well IV...

I'm waiting for Rhapsodia more than anything now if that is good (as a sign of what is to come) then the series will finally move forward and get the recognition (and marketing) it deserves...

Well, all we can do is wait. Viva Konami! Viva Suikoden!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i squeal like a little school girl!
wow, wind blowing effects? amazing. I hope Suikoden 6 has an animated opening, that would be, well best. Or is this just a "i hope/wish" thing?
I don't know anything about CG stuff, I can only hope to write one day, but at 24 i feel my chances are slim, if i went to school for writing at 18(like special highschools) maybe.

anway this is all so sudden.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! Though it isn't so suprising I guess. IMO, it's not so shocking that they are already planning it.

And as for people who complain about Kowano, part of the reason IV was such a mess was because she was incharge of entirely to much during the project. I think they have already fixed this issue because Hudson is helping and it seems Kowano will not always be the character designer as I am fairly certian the art in V is not Kowano.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
She then says that the genso suikoden team is looking for talented people who want to make new things, etc.

Possibility of a Suikoden follow-up on the PS3 aside, I'm glad her (and Konami in general) acknowledges the need for new talented people in the production team.

That's a pretty good prospect for the series, but this confirms Konami's decision to keep her among the higher-ups in the series' team, which in turn may make some fans lose another ounce of their faith in the series. Maybe not.

Well, not much to say until Rhapsodia comes out and the list of people behind Suikoden V's production is revealed to the public. Playstation 3, huh.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to say something about Kawano...

At first I thought she was a man, and then I thought she was called Arika Kawano and not Junko...

And later I realized that she was that female Konami developer that made Shadow of Memories/Destiny, a female developer as head of a game I wished her good luck back then...

At first I was disappointed with her and what she did with IV, now I'm willing to give her another change with Rhapsodia and VI (Hudson is handling V right?).

So give the old gal another shot she deserves that at least, is not like we are getting Murayama back, better her that another chap at Konami...
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least she was doing the character design during a time when the creator was involved. Better than someone who isn't familiar with Suikoden.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

josiskrazy wrote:
oh man i can hear people falling to peices at the thought of Kawano's involvment in another Suikoden game...

I agree. Jeez...
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Junko Kawano did a good job with the Shadow of Destiny story, which she wrote and directed. It had emotional depth and good character development.

I suspect she had less artistic control over Suikoden 4 though, which may be a contributing factor to its "shallowness." When you have a team of people working on the script and whatnot, the result is usually very watered-down, in my experience.

So anyway, the answer isn't necessarily "get rid of Kawano," but rather "get rid of the big team writing the script, and let 1 or 2 people handle it instead."
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a tough call. Maybe after making a poor game (compared to the rest of the series) she will be a little more motivated to blow us away with 6. I would prefer someone else do it but if she does take charge of it when can hope she does better.

I think it would be a great idea for game developers to visit fan sites and look through the message boards. They don't have to get any specifics from the fans but they could just gather a general impression of the fans ideas. They could see how much the fans want to learn more about certain characters like Pesmerga, Yuber, Jeanne , etc.
I'm sure they do it on a certain level (maybe thats why 5 is taking place in Falena) but maybe they should do it a little more. They had a chance to make completely new memorable characters in 4 and they failed. My favorite character in 4 was Ted who wasn't even a new character.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*falls to pieces*

I still don't think Kawano was overextended in S4. Because there's really no excuse for the shoddy writing and event progression. There really isn't. Any one of us could have written a better story, choked full of drama and war and humor and personality and sadness and suffering and angst and tension and everything else thats supposed to make the series what it is.

And with the fan reaction to her work on S4 I would actually be surprised if she did write S6, or had anything to do with it. It just wouldn't make sense to me. It would probably make sense to Konami...S4's sales were just like S3's sales. As long as the game sells they don't give a crap about the quality of the game.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: