Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

white hair in falena
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleibert

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: white hair in falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you look at Arshtat and her son's body, you see that they both have white hair,a s jewel, rakuji and his mother in suikoden 4. Morover, Arshtat, queen of falena, has a sign on the forehead....does it have a link between the two?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who knows? You might have a point though, but I doubt it, no offense or anything.

I didn't notice any dots or anything on their heads, but then again, I could be wrong...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but if you're trying to suggest that Arshtat and the hero have something to do with Na-Nal, they don't.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: white hair in falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kleibert wrote:
If you look at Arshtat and her son's body, you see that they both have white hair,a s jewel, rakuji and his mother in suikoden 4. Morover, Arshtat, queen of falena, has a sign on the forehead....does it have a link between the two?

Just because they have white hair dosen't mean they are linked to Jewel or any Na-Nal citizen. A lot of SOD have white hair like Jeane.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris has white/silver hair - I don't think she's connected to Falena.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and jimba for that matter :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont really get what you are trying to say Kliebert?

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's trying to suggest that the white hair in Suikoden is somehow connected with Falena. But already we know it's not from the above example of Chris.

However, the white hair could be something similar to that of the purple hair of the Zeal family.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to ignore the whole Na-Nal aspect because I don't think they have a relation, but I think you bring up an interesting point reflecting temperate climates. Think about it for a second and you will see that you have an excellent point. Remember that there seems to be a huge emphasis on the Sun in Falena. Na-Nal is an island nation which is exposed to the Sun at various degrees on any given day. I can't comment on Chris. I believe that to be genetics.

But think about it, what does white do to radiant energy, it reflects it. Has anyone tried to grow a plant completely exposed to artificial light? It takes on a yellowish-white sort of pigment and not the standard green hue. The Temple is said to shine day and night. I'm thinking there is some sort of artificial energy source for this radiant energy and if a person is not directly exposed then the skin pigment won't change. A prince and a Queen would not be directly exposed because cream colored skin is traditionally popularized in Orient culture when associated with their nobility.

The pigment of the skin won't be altered that much, but you can notice some effects as in the bleaching of hair color over years. I think it is becoming more and more certain that the effects of them worshipping the Sun is slowly being revealed in character drawings. I am beginning to think that there will definitely be a True Rune of the Sun or at least one that reflects it. Well, that is my theory, but it is probably just a type of character design that they thought would look interesting for this particular game.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ok i get it now.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urn had an interesting thought there. It would make sense for people in a highly sunny area to slowly geneticially adjust to having lighter hair that reflects the sun (thus makes them cooler) rather than darker hair (that absorbs it). Of course, we've also seen mostly dark haired Falenians - of the AFAIK Falenians who have been born in Falena (which isn't a large sample - Morgan, Lorelai, and Killey), all were (very) dark haired.

It may also be a sign of aristrocracy - haven't all the naturally white haired characters we've seen been relatively high up on the social scale? Chris and Jimba were both members of the gentry; ditto Graham Cray. Jeane isn't as far as we know, but we don't know enough about her to say that for certain, IMO. She certainly dresses and behaves like she's more than a simple shop owner.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe konami has just done it and given them white hair i mean it could all be a coincidence evenif it is a game.

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was noticing this too.

We're playing as a Sindarian this time. :)

I don't think it's a coincidence given his mother HAS A MARK ON HER FOREHEAD.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True there dosen't have to be something special behind it. Maybe it's just a cowinydink.
They could have white hair becasue they just thought they looked cooler that way.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would normally agree, but given that she has a mark on her forehead, I think it goes deeper than that. Remember, characters with white hair and marks on their forehead are rare in the Suikoden timeline, but we see them around here and there as party members.

I think these people are "special" and possibly descendants of what is now known as syndarians.

But maybe we'll find out in this game? :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: