Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V confirmed...YEP!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the translation.

Suikoden 5 - Release Date Unknown

Setting: Queendom of Falena.

Known Characters--

Arshtat Falenus: The hero's mother and the Queen of the Queendom of Falena. Not only is she a mother to her son, but she is also considered to be "mother" to all citizens, spreading her benevolence across the nation.

She is highly respected by her citizens and is condered to be an exceptional ruler, focusing her efforts on maintaining peace.

She resides in the "Palace of the Sun" which shines brightly night and day.

Rion: The hero's bodyguard. She learned her swordsmanship from a skilled master, and thus can hold her own against veteran warriors.

Hero: As the prince of the Queendom of Falena, he has lived a life without want. However, he is swallowed into turmoil due to a certain event that happens. He uses a three-piece-rod.

A Large Man: Seen in one of the screenshots with the hero, he is seen saying "A hah! Seems like you've been doing well."

Confirmed facts from the article:

You will be gathering 108 stars.

A ship is seen in one screenshot, but is powered by oars unlike ships from Suikoden 4. This suggests slavery as well as lower technology that the Suikoden 4 time frame.

Konami will be showcasing Suikoden 5 at TGS on September 17th and 18th.

That's all I got from the article. Usually, I can find more stuff out from screenshots, but these screenshots tell me amazingly little.

Edit: Fixed a funny typo

Last edited by Vextor on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, "Arshtat" is the Zoroastrian "goddess of justice." "Goddess" is actualy slightly off, because Arshtat is of a class of quasi-divine beings called the Yazata (sort of like angels in Christianity or bodhisattvas in Buddhism).
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Hero: As the prince of the Queendom of Falena, he has lived a life without want. However, he is swallowed into turmoil due to a certain event that happens. He uses a three-piece-rod.

hey turmoil? well of course its a Suikoden game, but I think I saw soone say somthing about that in one of my "what is it going to be about" topics.

sounds good, I hope we get the game everywhere.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm truly happy for this news. There is lot of joy and happiness for Suikoden fans (like me) nowadays. Rhapsodia, and now that.

I'm almost crying, so happy i am.

Welcome Falena. Welcome Suikoden, once again!

I would wait for this game very much. Ahh... Georg, Lorelai, Killey? Are you there?
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Oh yes, "Arshtat" is the Zoroastrian "goddess of justice." "Goddess" is actualy slightly off, because Arshtat is of a class of quasi-divine beings called the Yazata (sort of like angels in Christianity or bodhisattvas in Buddhism).

Ah, wonderful! I was expecting something like that, but somehow I missed trying for Arshtat. Wonderful research or knowledge, I hope the guys at Konami are as good :)
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:

He uses a three-piece-rod.

Something similar to Nanami's in Suikoden 2 maybe?

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But to be honest, I find it a dumb move to announce the making of Suiko5 BEFORE the release of Rhapsodia. It sorta clashes with the whole "advertising for Rhapsodia" thing. But, this is not what the thread is about...

About the hero, tell me [i]please]/i] that that is NOT a guy using a three-piece rod. That seems so, well, Nanami. A suppose the maker of Suiko5 always wanted to make a boy, but after coming here, looking at all the requests for the hero to be a girl, decides to change the original plan, and made a girly boy. (the idea of the hero as a duck doesn't seen to fit the story well ^_^).

Seeing that the Queendom appears to focus a lot on the Sun alot (Temple, Palace etc), my guess is that the True Rune invloved may have something to do with the sun, like the Shining Sun Rune.

Also, fans SHOULD remeber that Morgan came from Falena too, not just the three more popular ones.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's getting tougher and tougher to play Suikoden as the heroes look wimpier and wimpier. I thought the bowl cut was bad. This girly-man looks like he put a harmonian and Kariyan uniforms together and came up with this girltastic outfit.

That said, I can't wait until more info about Suikoden 5 comes out. Thanks Sars for the quick work you've done.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it kinda odd to see that the new hero this time had a girly type of face. At first I thought it was a girl but when I noticed the hero was the prince of the Queendom of Falena. I go like :shock:. Oh my goodness, it's a guy and not a girl! And the ship there looked a little like a ferry this time.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One possibility is that the Hero is in fact female, but the fact is being hidden to avoid being targetted by assassins/poltics (because a princess would be in line for the throne).
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... The castle glows day and night? This might be something like the Beast rune. It's not attached to a person, but a place.

That...

And that Queen is five different flavours of sexy...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My my, I think Suikoden is trying to give Final Fantasy a run for the money (In terms of "sequels" that is)

As long as the main character runs like a man (altough he looks like a girl) and I don't have to sail a darn ship 85% of the time, then I'll play this game.

Let's see what they show at TGS...
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
One possibility is that the Hero is in fact female, but the fact is being hidden to avoid being targetted by assassins/poltics (because a princess would be in line for the throne).

yes, whats that when guys pretend to be girls and girls to be guys. I think you are right, then that is the big schocker of the game "zomg the hero is a she!!" like Faris from FF v, "hes a she! oh no, *blush blush*"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like Mulan in China and Magatama (Spelling?) in Japan... It is a distinct possibilty, but seeing previous art of Suikoden, they had never once made a girl with a flat chest (in fact, they were overly-sized, excuse my vulgarity).
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True he could be a she in desiguse. Anything is possible at this point.

but the queen has to die early. Given what we know of her character she's too nice to be tring to overthrow. The Prince might get blamed for her assanation. I mean think about every Suikoden hero has been wrongfuly acussed. saved S3 but that game had an untradtional method of telling the story anyway (but great too.).

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: