Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V confirmed...YEP!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In the newest issue of Weekly Shounen JUMP magazine, Konami took the wraps off Suikoden V. The announcement of the newest addition to the company's long-running RPG series comes only three weeks before the September 22nd release of the strategy RPG gaiden, Rhapsodia (Suikoden Tactics).
puts players in charge of the prince of the Kingdom of Falena who has been living a careless life, until he becomes involved in a certain incident. He is accompanied by Lion, a young girl whose responsibility it is to protect the prince. Archutart Falena is the mother of the protagonist and the queen of the kingdom. The popular queen has managed to create and lead a peaceful nation and hence enjoys the respect of her people.

Look forward to more information on as Tokyo Game Show 2005 approaches. Konami will even have a playable demo of the game at its Tokyo Game Show booth.

Suikoden V has yet to receive an official release date in Japan.

Courtesy of RPGFan. http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1820.html
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A playable demo already? Man, they must have had it on underground development or they are rushing it seriously...

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPGfan's translation is sort of problematic. "careless life" should have been "care-free life," for example. The queen's name is also phonetically wrong.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Archutart Falena is the mother of the protagonist and the queen of the kingdom. The popular queen has managed to create and lead a peaceful nation and hence enjoys the respect of her people."

Well I guess that suggest that the story will be in the past with George Prime and all since it states that she created the kingdom (which means she was the only Queen and therefore, the assasinated one right?).

Good new I guess.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "create and lead a peaceful nation" part is a mistranslation.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Sars admin, now that I've plastered this message at suikosource and gamefaqs.

LOL!!!
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
RPGfan's translation is sort of problematic. "careless life" should have been "care-free life," for example.

In my understanding, those two are synonyms, partial even if not complete. It's good to hear comments, though. It would be best if translators such as yourself provided a small translator's note. For example, I'm wondering about the name Alshetat Flenas myself. Is Flenas a typo, or is the a purposefully omitted?

Last edited by Sami on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll make a better translation after I get home from work. I know people are excited with the good news, but it would be best to spread info after a good translation is available.
Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow...I wasn't expecting to see anything about Suikoden V for a while... I'm at college, I come to check on suikox for any changes and what do I find?! I can't believe it. I'm so happy to see it, especially with those more complex and detailed character illustrations, but part of me thinks that I'd better not get too excited... Falena should probably be interesting though, since it has a whole different culture for us to experience.
I wonder when it takes place?

Oh please let it be good!

SARS you made my day!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When is TGS again? September..what?

I really hope they bring back 6 party members and explorable towns with various households, and some difficulty (see SIII), not mention a world map that you can walk on...better directed cutscenes that don't last 10 seconds, and a somewhat lengthy story, with the timeline taking place AFTER III.

That's pretty much all I want. :) I'm probably thinking asking for too much.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ced the Lad is absolutely correct!! We are throwing a huge party over at Falena right now. Let the festival begin!!! Pineapple drinks for everyone. Finally the Queendom will get the attention it deserves. lol. But, I must say the fact that we have news like this so soon is rather shocking. I guess they were working on the sequel during the production of 4 and Rhapsodia. Sneaky sneaky! And I'm guessing that this game will be just after Suikoden 1 and a little before 2 right around the time that Georg Prime comes to Falena.

I am impressed with the initial images and I am also guessing that the Hero will be alot like Tir McDohl. I believe it was Marshmallow that suggested a True Rune representing the Sun in the Possible Future True Runes thread and I'm thinking that may be it.

FALENA!!!! ;-)

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
But yeah I'm really feeling the art on this one more than Suikoden 4. I'm praying that they just CAN'T mess this up, but I've learned to expect the worst and hope for the best these days.

I should have stayed away from all of the press about Suikoden IV, because I'm going to finally play it and think it's a shitty game because everyone else said so. This is why I hate hate hate following hype. I like news - because it lets me know what I should be saving my money for. But hype? Ugh.

With games being what they are nowadays... I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed it up. I'm just waiting for it to be a boring rehash of Suikoden II without introducing anything new or interesting to the series. They need to introduce some grit into the Suikoden series. So far, all of the Suikoden series, behind the talk of the characters saying how horrible the world is, is a colourful candy-flavoured land. We need some real darkness and destruction here. The real horrors of war, real deaths, and real futility. There's not enough of that good writing in games nowadays.

And as soon as someone asks, "OOOHohohh~~~ is my Sasarai-chan going to be in this game?" I'm out of here. :)
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, please let there be Killey! or if not him at least some poeple from his tribe. I think the game will probably be set at a time other then the assassination of the Queen of Falena so i think it will be after suikoden 2 but I hope before suikoden 3 because well I just want to see more charecters from that game then from 3.

Of course if it were set during the assassination of the Queen of Falena then we ,ight get to see Mathiu and any one who has a problem with that is a Terrorist Nazi Spy
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope my Sasarai-chan will be in this game!!! \(^_^)/
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone thought that the knight with the brown hair...is Georg?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: