Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V confirmed...YEP!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was kinda thinking more on the line that the True Rune was in the palace, like in Suiko2, since the palace IS called the Palace of the Sun.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking Arshtat Falenus might be pre-evil queen that Georg Prime assassinated or possibly even post-assassination queen :o because of the whole she being a benevolent and peaceful queen and all :) Which means it would take place in Falena be it the past or future, but not have to do with the evil queen that Georg Prime off'd, however maybe the queen he off'd became bad/evil later on so then again the possibilities are endless :D

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:

A ship is seen in one screenshit, but is powered by oars unlike ships from Suikoden 4. This suggests slavery as well as lower technology that the Suikoden 4 time frame.

Please don't be before IV. Please don't be before IV. Please don't be before IV. Please don't be before IV.
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will be absolutely floored if Georg is connected to V. If not the actual assassination, after, during II or III. The Hero looks kinda interesting. They just keep getting girlier and girlier!! I wonder who did the art this time around, because it's quite refreshing... it looks a bit Kawano-ish.
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come to think of it, Rhapsodia was shortly after Suikoden IV. Suikoden V would probably be around after Rhapsodia or even years after. That's my guessing for the setting. Anyway, I did remembered about Georg Prime killing the queen of the Queendom of Falena. I don't think Georg Prime was even born at that time if the setting of Suikoden V was before Suikoden 1. After all, Suikoden IV was 150 before Suikoden 1 and Rhapsodia was shortly after Suikoden IV.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no saying that the assassinated Queen was evil. For all we know, Georg might have gone after a popular, kind-hearted Queen!

Taking into account the new order of Georg's travels, this game might as well be a direct prequel to Suikoden I, if it were to detail that assassination story. He killed her before Barbarosa ascended to the throne, yes?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, cathy; rhapsodia's timeline begins before siv and continues after the island nations are formed.

i'd like the queen that georg killed, if only to wrap up that particular loose end; there are too many as it is, time to get at least a FEW of them.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
There's no saying that the assassinated Queen was evil. For all we know, Georg might have gone after a popular, kind-hearted Queen!

Taking into account the new order of Georg's travels, this game might as well be a direct prequel to Suikoden I, if it were to detail that assassination story. He killed her before Barbarosa ascended to the throne, yes?

Nope, it happened a while after Barbarossa ascended to the throne.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My mistake. Then, he wasn't present during the war against Barbarosa's uncle?

Interesting. That makes it all better.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the story could be about things which can't be seen, maybe like the Queen's cruelty. If she is evil, then maybe she hides it behind a mask and pretends to be nice. If it is set during the time Georg assassinated the then-queen, then maybe we will see her true side.

Then again, knowing Konami, we might be after these events, and all we will get is a mention of Georg or the events that happened.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, then it's my mistake then, sybillious.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
My mistake. Then, he wasn't present during the war against Barbarosa's uncle?

Interesting. That makes it all better.

He was present during the Succession War. After that, he went to Grassland (and became a Black Moon Warrior). Only after that did he go to Falena.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i remember SARS said that the girl bodyguard rion learned her discipline from a skilled master. maybe it could be georg or......master genkaku... i just thought that he could also have trained nanami. since he is the master and adoptive father of nanami, he could have trained her in a fashion of the hero in V... nah i think he would'nt go that far.

i'm going nowhere ugh! and i'm still looking at the picture. that lil ship looks like a royal ferry to me coz of the design. u wouldn't go to war with that kind of ship. yes i hope we could find more about killey's tribe the crimson sumtin sumtin tribe..

or maybe your true enemy could have killed the queen.. maybe one of her advisors.. coz they want the true rune then the blame goes to the crown prince and georg coz he's one hell of a soldier. he may have gotten the queen's trust. and both of them ran away. sorry just could't keep the excitement.

i wonder how the syndars fit in this one if we get to see killey and lorelai duke it out. so many questions dang!

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man... I can't believe how SLOW i am... Urgh... I must have missed out a pretty damn lot from the Suikoden community after being gone for so long, and to think i didn't even notice this Suikoden 5 hype after returning!!! ARGH!!!!

But anyway... YAY! SUIKODEN 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it... I feel like such a loser... To have missed all this...
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What has been said about the Sun Rune being in the Palace of the Sun, not on the queen herself, sounds very reasonable. Therefore, there's a good chance that the hero will get a different True Rune.

Did anyone notice the screenshots with the portraits? There's the queen, and some brown-haired guy. In both of them, the in-game portrait is facing forward, instead of being taken from the character art (as seen from Arshtat's art).

Kobold wrote:
Damn it... I feel like such a loser... To have missed all this...

This news only broke about a day ago. Cut yourself some slack :)

Username wrote:
Ack! So many posiblites! I can't wait for the TGS. Not that they will answer all the questions and not create millions more. I'm throwing in the first name coin! ^^

Looked around for some other Zoroastrian names to call Hero5.

The Suikoden fanbase is unprecedently unanimous about the new hero's name. It is... Bridget. I can't wait to play with her... um, him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19

Jump to: