Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

are suikoden war tactics compatable with our own world?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the tactics used in Suikoden are really based on real ones, because they do not seem like one persons fantasy tactics it really looks like something from real life that been used before. You would be surprised on how much the humans can do to assure there victories, and as they say everything is fair in love and war, so why not these kind of things.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wont be surprised if the tactics are all based on real ones.

About the one tactics that Shu use, the one with Kiba hitting the mercenary base and the main force taking Greenhill and Muse, could it also be one of the 36 stratagems?
It was something like "make a noise in the east and hit the west"
It was basically what Shu did. Let a small force take the Mercenart base, which is a little far away from Muse and Greenhill. This is the "noise in the east". and then use the main force to take Muse ("hit the west") while Leon is off dealing with the "noise in the east".
I used to play Starcraft (an online strategy game), so I know this tactic works pretty well on most players :D

I have heard that business people also studies the 36 statagems nowadays. afterall, the business field is like a battlefield in some way :D

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, the 36 strategems are used in business practices, because they're easy to apply to things other than war, such as business or politics, or any kind of conflicts. On a certain level, even stuff like poker. Or even team sports. The strategems are vague enough that they can be easily altered to anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: