Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading the final book in the Black Magician Trilogy, The High Lord. As you may recall, I wasn't too impressed with the first two books, but the plot has begun to get somewhat interesting. Some of the characters are as paper-thin and positively stoic as ever, but a little tale is developing underneath.

Really, I'm looking forward until it's finished until I move onto something else. I always finish books and trilogies, however, even if I don't like them. The only worse thing than a bad story is an unfinished one, after all. Besides, sometimes stories get better. Sometimes.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been reading the Harry Dresden Chronicles, lately. So far, they are very good. I started with White Night, then went to the beginning. I'm reading Grave Peril right now.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished "A History of Slovakia" by Stanislav J. Kirschbaum today. Don't know what I'll read next.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started "A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century" by Barbara W. Tuchman on the 5th and finished it today. Absolutely fabulous book.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini and Faun and Games by Piers Anthony.
ThricebornPhoenix

Phoenix Legion

102576 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in the middle of An Evil Guest, by Gene Wolfe.
"[...] even a seemingly purposeless miracle is an inexhaustible source of hope, because it proves to us that since we do not understand everything, our defeats—so much more numerous than our few and empty victories—may be equally specious."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Brisingr for christmas and finished a day or two later, what'd you think of it Flare?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm about halfway through it. I don't have much time to read it, so can only do a bit at a time. It seems to be good so far though. Kinda seems to be going slow atm. I'm on page 385 right now.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Started "Salt" by Mark Kurlansky on the 19th and finished it today. Next up is a novelty book of sorts, a brief Pittsburgh Steelers history titled "The, The Bad, & The Ugly" by Matt Fulks. I'll read it over the next week leading up to the Super Bowl, and will probably start another book along with it, maybe "The Bin Ladens" by Steve Coll.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today I read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. Very enjoyable read, and I'll probably go through it again very soon.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished a couple of Graphic Novels by Frank Miller The Dark Knight Returns and The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Both are very wierd and not Cannon to the Batman series but both are excellent. I also just finished the Killing Joke by Alan Moore which was very disappointing particularly since Im such a big Watchmen fan. Now I'm planning on rereading After the Plague a series of Short stories by T.C. Boyle one of my favorite current writers.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Shad":1tdlxh6c]Started "Salt" by Mark Kurlansky on the 19th and finished it today. Next up is a novelty book of sorts, a brief Pittsburgh Steelers history titled "The, The Bad, & The Ugly" by Matt Fulks. I'll read it over the next week leading up to the Super Bowl, and will probably start another book along with it, maybe "The Bin Ladens" by Steve Coll.

Finished The Bin Ladens today, absolutely fabulous book. Steve Coll is my favorite history author.
Next on the agenda is "The Sushi Economy" by Sasha Issenberg.
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm currently reading all men are brothers. took me years to finally find a copy so i'm taking my sweet time reading it
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Shad":ntqjd2mf]Finished The Bin Ladens today, absolutely fabulous book. Steve Coll is my favorite history author.
Next on the agenda is "The Sushi Economy" by Sasha Issenberg.

I started this book on I believe Thursday the 19th and finished it today. I'm going to play Exit Fate until I leave on vacation, but I'm talking two books with me by two of my favorite authors: "The Ends of the Earth" by Robert D. Kaplan and "The Proud Tower" by Barbara Tuchman.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" by Tom Stoppard. Along with two other plays I should be reading for school, but I can't remember what they are, because I haven't started them yet at all!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: