Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you reading?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: What are you reading? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now I just started Stephen King's Dark Tower series and I have to say that I like it so far. I've never been a fan of King's books though I did like some of tyhe movies so I was surprised by The Gunslinger.

So what is every one else reading right now?
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately for me I'm reading chapter 8 of my Legal Research and Writing Book. It's all about the proper procedure of citing a statute and using the right annotations. It's really boring and I don't think I'll understand it until the Instructor translates this odd stuff. The worst news is that it's 43 pages long, but at the very least, I have until Thursday to finish it up.

Oh, you mean something fun? Well I'm reading a bunch of issues of Esquire. I have three at home from the June issues to the August issue that I need to finish before the September issue comes out. The last time I picked up the magazine was in May before finals started. I didn't have time to read them anymore because of finals. Instead of studying, I'd pick those up instead. But even after finals, for some reason I just didn't bother with it until now. But I'm back and I'm really enjoying the articles. I can flip through any page and it'll be an interesting article.

Other than that, there's a national geographic map of the European Federation that I want to get into later. Geography is more of my thing, so it fits my needs.

I did read fantasy novels, but I've read so much in a one year span, that I felt like taking a break from the genre for now.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not reading anything currently, but I can tell you that the rest of the dark tower books are uite a bit different from the first. I read the first three, and believe me they get progressively stranger and stranger.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently I'm reading Sun Tzu's Art of War for the fifth time (the rules of engagement are essential), reading the Blue Book on Legal Citations (so I can sympathize with Ced the Lad as I'm going through what he is going through and ohhh I just can't wait until we journey down the wonderful road of the proper ways to perform legal briefs..oh joy!), reading something about the African Diaspora..the title elludes me, a manual for game designing, real estate manual, and the Encyclopedia of Mythology. That about sums it up.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aside from the various texts I have to trudge through, I am reading Outlaws of the Marsh. I haven't had much time to do anything beyond homework, here, and sleep lately so it will likely be weeks before I get back to it.

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently, I'm reading through Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. All of his books are very funny, as he makes fun of things about the world in general. Small Gods is part of a series of his books that take place in the Discworld, which rides on the backs of four giant elephants, which rides on the back of a huge space-turtle. There aren't any official maps because Terry always said "You can't map a sense of humour." Anyway, the books are hilarious, and are definately worth a look at.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading a lot of various books at once, the trouble is that I hardly ever finish them. Some of the ones I'm currently reading are...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut
Diary by Chuch Palahniuk
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (school)
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn By Mark Twain (school)
Richard III by William Shakespeare
Henry V by William Shakespeare

Yeah... it's a lot to have on my plate at once. I start the books and read a little bit at a time when I feel like it (with the exception of books for school) and I usually get 100 pages chunks out of the way. With most Vonnegut and Palahniuk books, I read them in a few sittings. These two are wonderful, but I don't understand why it's taking me so long.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brecht wrote:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn By Mark Twain (school)

Haha. That's funny. I'm reading those two right now also. I'm re-reading the Half-Blood Prince and I'm not TECHNICALLY reading Huck Finn. I finished it last night. And that was also for school.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

White Fang by Jack London

quite a good book i must say. Very interesting
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i, too, am trudging through various textbooks, fortunately, none of them appear to be 'dry' reading.

leisure reading = 'swan song' by robert mccammon...a dark ride into apocalyptic horror.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently reading "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." It's really an excellent and deeply fascinating story.

However, the actual title is "Three Kingdoms" so, perhaps it's a more historically accurate version, or something. I heard such a thing existed, so maybe that's the story that I'm reading. Either way, it's incredibly interesting, and kinda' makes me want to play Dynasty Warriors / Dynasty Tactics 2, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms again. lol Reading this book really shows how brilliant Zhuge Liang (Kongming) was.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Pepe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

meh, school stuff

On the Road by Jack Kerouac
and
Siddartha by...don't know off the top of my head

have to have them read by friday..not a chance in hell

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I shuld be reading Harry Potter 4 and 5, and 6 and finishing Lord of The Rings (I'm somwhere in the Two Towers...like...i don't recall, In Goblet of Fire I'm in limbo in the "hungry Horn tail" chapter.

now that I no longer need to suck on my Nebulizer I don't "read as much", its very annoying and boring, I was on the thing 3 times a day because of my wheezing. but now..i have new meds. so, no reading during those boring sessions.
(i read the Hobbet, and Harry potter 2 and 3 on it. parts of one, but i started that sans nebulizer)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Three Kingdoms is the same as Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's a choice on the translator's part; the actual work is called San Guo Yanyi, or something close. San Guo is Three Kingdoms, but yanyi is harder to translate. I think the original English translator (Brewitt-Taylor?) chose Romance, but the newest translation (Moss Roberts) favors "Historical Novel". Obviously Historical Novel of the Three Kingdoms sounds rather dull, so I assume Roberts decided to go with just Three Kingdoms.

Anyway, I recently failed to finish Don Quixote, and have not picked up a book to replace it. I'm about to hit a ton of college reading, so I think that'll take up my time.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pepe wrote:
Siddartha by...don't know off the top of my head

What is that book about? I've seen two people reading it and I've never heard of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: