Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 6] Nameless Lands vs. Zexen at Budehuc [Completed]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: [Phase 6] Nameless Lands vs. Zexen at Budehuc [Completed] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At Budehuc, soldiers of various nationalities were busily mending the walls and ramparts that have withstood numerous attacks by Zexen. News was already spreading that Zexen was sending a bigger force to re-capture Budehuc, making soldiers work with greater haste. As they worked, a storm cloud approached from the east, darkening the horizon. Workers watched the sky with weary eyes as the air imbued itself with the aroma of fresh dirt--a sign of an approaching downpour.

Suddenly, the alarm bell atop one of the watch towers clanged loudly. "Iron heads approaching!" the watchman from a clan in Maturai yelled while pounding on the bell with a small mallet.

Soldiers and citizens rushed to their stations, carrying various manners of weapons. Earth mages positioned themselves behind the walls; enchanting the ramparts to strengthen them against magic attacks-- Budehuc was ready for the coming siege.

From the top of the ramparts, archers gazed southward; a "gray carpet" was approaching--thousands upon thousands of armored fighters of Zexen marched forward. Commanders kept the archers on standby, and ordered them to hold their fire until given the order.

It started raining by the time Zexen halted their march at about 1000 footsteps from the ramparts. One rider approached the walls--it was the Zexen general, Sai Fujiwara.

"I seek a duel!" he said as he raised his weapon, the rain soaking the blade--making it glimmer as the last rays of the sun were swallowed by the dark clouds.

Sai Fujiwara waited for an opponent to appear from the gates. However, there was no sign of a duelist. After 10 minutes in the rain, Sai Fujiwara assumed that the duel must have been declined. Lightning flashed as he turned around, thunder echoing a brief moment later. He was shocked to see a cloaked figure standing behind him.

"Going somewhere?" the figure spoke in a mocking tone.

Sai Fujiwara smiled as he dismounted from his steed. "And with whom do I have the honor of a joust this fine day?" he said with a flourish.

The figure removed the hood from her cloak, revealing the vampire sorceress, Midori of Verm Oogen. Her blood-red lips quickly twisted into a treacherous smile, "I was invited, right?"

Sai Fujiwara gasped at the unexpected turn of events. However, he gripped his weapon and stared right back at the vampire's red eyes, "I will send you back to where you belong, vampire."

"Mighty words from he who knows not where he belongs, only a while ago were you fighting for us--against your own homeland," Midori chuckled as she brushed back her silver hair, already drenched in the torrential downpour.

Sai Fujiwara charged at Midori, swinging his weapon with all his might. However, Midori vanished from his view, reappearing at a distance.

"Did I upset you?" Midori said as she called upon ghosts and wraiths from the netherworld. The ghosts harassed Sai Fujiwara, draining his vitality as they ravenously siphoned out his very life. Sai Fujiwara held his ground, however, and dispelled the ghosts with his strong will.

Undeterred by the powerful magic, Sai Fujiwara continued his attacks against Midori. However, extremely powerful earth magic blunted his blows, having almost no effect on the vampire. As Sai Fujiwara's attack landed on Midori's cloak, she flipped over Sai Fujiwara's head, landing behind him. Immediately, she grasped Sai Fujiwara's head and unleashed a torrent of lightning. Sai Fujiwara convulsed violently as Midori mercilessly maintained her clutch, finally letting go after a few seconds. Sai Fujiwara collapsed to the muddied ground. Midori unleashed a diabolical laughter as she flung herself into the air, instantaneously turning into a bat and flew across Budehuc's walls.

Nameless Lands Wins this Turn!

Last edited by Vextor on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Nameless Lands vs Zexen Confederacy at Budehuc]
----=<Round 1>=----
Ley's Regiment (Infantry) and Drummsta's Regiment (Infantry) engage in battle!

Drummsta's regiment suffers 18000 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while Ley's regiment suffers 4661 casualties, leaving them with 39088 soldiers.

Ley's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
scarlet assassin's Regiment (Archers) and Thanatos's Regiment (Magician) engage in battle!

Thanatos's regiment suffers 16498 casualties, leaving them with 1502 soldiers, while scarlet assassin's regiment suffers 7894 casualties, leaving them with 4617 soldiers.

scarlet assassin's regiment wins!

Namelsss Lands : 2 wins.
Zexen Confederacy: 0 wins.

Nameless Lands wins this turn and defends Budehuc!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Nameless Lands]
Round 1: Ley (Infantry) 43750 - 4661 = 39088
Round 2: scarlet assassin (Archers) 12512 - 7894 = 4617

[Zexen Confederacy]
Round 1: Drummsta (Infantry) 18000 - 18000 = 0
Round 2: Thanatos (Magician) 18000 - 16498 = 1502

Last edited by Vextor on Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did Scarlet Assassin win with his regiment annihilated?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's a mistake that the battle calculator makes the winner the person who loses the least amount of soldiers, even if one unit has 0 soldiers left.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's strange. I thought I corrected that in the program.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it matters, really. If I'm reading that correctly, both regiments had 10,000 soldiers. In the ensuing battle, both are annahilated. This means that they tie and they would have to fight each other in a duel to declare the winner.

I just ran one duel with Scarlet Assassin and Thanatos with Scarlet Assassin coming out on top. I'm thinking that this result was already calculated by the admins and thus the victory goes to the Nameless Lands.

Edit: Korn's right. That line made it look like a 0.

Last edited by Cedric on Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you're reading it wrong, Ced.

Thanatos' unit had 18,000 soldiers, and was not annihilated by scarlet assassin. Thus, Thanatos should have won the round outright, with no duel needed.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, there was a problem with the formula. I fixed it and re-posted the result. It's the same outcome, though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: