Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My brother just bought suikoden III (still have to w8 on our import PSII
to play it.....)
I was wondering if the old world of suikoden II would still be in it.
I would love to be able to visit my old castle and visit the old cities and villages :)

Also i would like to know if there are still chars from suikoden II in suikoden III (i know bout the dragon from futch) but chars such as the hero, flik, viktor, the vampire lady (fergot her name), etc...

Does it have a big worldmap ???
(60% of my rating mostly just goes to the size and type of worldmap :p)

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let`s see...I`ll try to answer to the best of my ability.

1. No, you can`t visit any of the towns from S2. S3 takes place in Grassland, far to the northwest of Dunan, so the game is focused on a quite different region. Nothing like the Gregminster cameo, unfortunately...would have been fun to see some of those towns in 3D.

2. Returning characters: Futch, Bright, Lucia, Leknaat(sort of), Luc, Yuber, Apple, Viki and the Star Dragon Sword(but not Viktor) are the ones I remember right now.

3. The worldmap is...different. If the worldmap is that important to you, I fear you`ll be disappointed. You can`t walk around freely. Instead, you point and click at the location you want to visit, and your character moves there automathically. There could have been more locations, but at least they`re pretty varied.

Lastly, the game is very good(IMHO), though quite different from S2. Try to think of it as a new kind of game, not as a remake of S2. If you expect it to be S2 with better graphics, you`ll be disappointed. Give it a chance on it`s own terms.

Good luck, and congrats on being able to play import games...there`s a lot of other good RPGs you should check out now that you`ve got access to US titles.

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sadly if u have played suikoden 1 and 2......number 3 is kinda a disappointment. not that it was a bad game just the new battle system and also the world map gone takes away from some of the fun and the adventure. way less returning characters Futch, Viki, and Luc but besides that i don't remember anyone else. Also you can't go to Tinto or the City States or even met Riou.

But don't get me wrong it is a great game!but a let down for the suikoden world

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually thought the battle system was the best of the trilogy, overall, and why would you want to meet Riou anyway? Enduring him for one game was enough...I never liked him much. :P

Anyway, I do agree that S2 was the best, but mainly because of the story...I prefer S3 for gameplay and setting, and S1 for the good old Suikoden charm...I also prefer Toran to Dunan, and Tir to Riou.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I actually thought the battle system was the best of the trilogy

I agree with you, the battle system in Suikoden 3 is more better in one way and more worst in another. It is better in seeing the characters moving and engaging in battle so freely just like seeing real fighters in battle, and the worst part is the pairing system it is so annoying and irritating it almost took the joy of the fights.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to break it to you but most of the characters from Suikoden 2 will not be in Suikoden 3 for you to see. I would soundly say a goot 90% of the characters at least wont be in it just a few that you might recognize. I can also tell you that unfortunately you will not be able to visit the old regions from the previous games to go and see all that old stuff you remember. You just have to be content with what you have right now and just play around with that. Maybe someday in a future Suikoden you will be able to do so but not in Suikoden 3 or 4.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I actually thought the battle system was the best of the trilogy, overall, and why would you want to meet Riou anyway? Enduring him for one game was enough...I never liked him much. :P

:D

Ahh, thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meeting up with Riou actually could have been a possibility,

*Spoilers****************

Since for the best ending he travels the world with Nanami and Jowy. Of course, meeting up with Tir wasn't exactly my favorite action.....

*End spoiler**************

The battle system was neat, the rune Charging felt like it was slowing down the battles considerably, the battles in S2 were more quick and weren't a pain every time you ran into them ^^. Though it isn't really as bad as alot of people make it out to be, its a nice change of pace. If you never try anything new then the world will turn out as 'Flash Player' predicts.

go to www.flashplayer.com and see the clip, "The Future of Video Gaming" its a very hillarious look into our future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And you forgot to mentions a grown up and obnoxious Lily returning...

You know, i really REALLY thought they'd show a grown up Pilika who turned into a swordswoman... I mean, she stays in Harmonia... Meehhh... It would be nice to see her back and grown. Even for those who don't like her, it IS still kinda nice to see her back as a swords woman...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too suffer from living in the UK and had to import Suikoden 3 and a US PS2 (well, actually that's a lie, I went to visit my parents in the Cayman Islands and bought it all there ^_^).

But Suikoden III is not a dissapoinment, straight away it felt like a Suikoden game. Whilst not holding story line wise as much as Suikoden II. I think you'll find the skill system and the battle system very interesting.

Some runes can now damage your team, so be careful. The castle does not repair itself, but there's something very quaint and homely about it, especially when it's fully built up!

All in all, I'm quite impressed with Suikoden III. I couldn't really care about the returning characters. It doesn't really bother me, as there is still enough nostalgia in the game when old characters are mentioned.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
And you forgot to mentions a grown up and obnoxious Lily returning...

You know, i really REALLY thought they'd show a grown up Pilika who turned into a swordswoman... I mean, she stays in Harmonia... Meehhh... It would be nice to see her back and grown. Even for those who don't like her, it IS still kinda nice to see her back as a swords woman...

Aaah, Lilly...my least favourite character in the entire series. Bleh...

And I agree about Pilika...it`d be fun to see how she turned out. I`d much rather have her than Lilly.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately you don't have the greatest control on the world map but a couple of returning characters such as Futch and his new dragon Bright totally rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: