Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cray and the final boss=remarkably easy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Each and every member of my party ( constisting of Lazlo ( hero), Sigurd, Hervey and Jeane) for the final boss was on a low level, probably the reason for that was that I didn't use the training hall ( go me).

To be honest I didn't manage to beat that tree yet...and I don't really feel like doing that in the nearest future ( lack of time and will).

As for Cray...he's got a weakness for physical attacks and beating him shouldn't cause any problem, even though he tends to create a shield of some kind quite often.
I haven't found his spells dangerous in any way....

The Tree might seem a lil bit more difficult than the other suikoden final bosses because this time we're using 4 instead of 6 characters.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i found frankencray to be fairly easy; hit him with magic when the shield was down, then combo attack/heal as needed=dead frankencray.

the tree was a bit more difficult until i learned what the various colors meant; then it was combo attacks and heal with a bit of magic here and there.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Graham cray was kinda easy to beat..pretty dissapointing... But when I fought that nasty Giant Tree my dissapointmnet turned into admiration..The Fucking Tree is hard to kill! I just got barely out of it my first try.. The Wind Reincarnation is a hard boss when you don't have sasarai in your party.. But when you have, It is just a piece of cake..
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also found Cray to be fairly easy. I used a primarily physical party of characters I had barely raised because I had no idea I would need a separate party at some point. The tree, however, was a whole different story. He kicked my butt about three times before I decided to level up and use more magic users. Figuring out the whole colors thing also helped. I managed to beat him, though not easily. I'm not the power leveling kind of guy, in fact, I'm kinda lazy when it comes to leveling characters up.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used Lino, Viki, Paula, and Jewel for Cray, and it was very easy. Then for the Giant Tree, I used Lazlo, Ted, Jeane, and Snowe. Using the combo attack with Lazlo and Snowe deals a lot of damage, and then with Ted and the Soul Eater, you deal a lot of damage that way. Jeane's magic is also a really big damage dealer, so she's really good. I had all my characters at leverl 60, possibly higher, I think. And I equipped all the best equipment, and sharpened Ted's, Lazlo's, and Snowe's weapons to level 16. Jeane's weapon doesn't matter, since she does no physical attacking anyway. I equipped cyclone runes, thunder runes, flowing runes, rage runes, and a regular earth rune to all the characters, and that helped. Replace any of the regular elemental runes with the powerful elemental runes, and that will help. With all of that, it should take about 10 minutes to defeat the Tree.
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was VERY disapointed when i fought the Giant Tree .
I've leveled-up my team and i killed this bloody tree in 2-3 turns !
I had Hero/Snowe/Kika/Ted. Maybe not the best team but with their very high level and their equipement set , it was no problem to me.
But I thought that the beast rune was harder. Maybe it's more difficult to level-up . I really enjoy the training room , I hope konami put something like that in Suikoden V.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People should go battle the final bosses with a unprepared party (to some extend ofcourse). I did on my first playthrough and i got defeated several times, i am not entirely sure what characters i had in my party, but they were pretty much the same characters as most other parties i have seen being used by other people. So if you want to have a harder and more fun battle i would recommend not leveling up higher than level 50, do not sharpen weapons beyond level 10 or so and give your characters some weaker equipment. Oh and try not to use rush when the Great Tree is going to use that big blast of his.

But when fully leveled up and prepared, Cray and the tree were way too easy to beat if you ask me. I like my final bosses quite hard, not too hard. But atleast you have to do some serious preparations to be able to beat it, but maxing out every single thing that can be maxed out to be able to beat it is a bit too much.
Cecile

AngelicDevils

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Cray to be too easy.He did hardly any damage to my party(mizuki, kate, millay and mitsuba) and i wasted him in like 5 turns. The tree was much more difficult until i found out what the colors meant, then it was easier. Overall i was dissapointed
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

too easy of course with the help of the training hall thus i leveled all my characters except for reinhold to lvl. 99 so you bet it was easy. like other people here i wanted to juice up my characters to the fullest. so yes cray and the tree was VERY EASY. plus the combination of hero and snowe.

that's why i was very disappointed coz wind rincar gave me a hard time.. damn bird... :!:

i hope they bring us a hard final boss next time even though were in the highest levels. :D it's still better if we're sweating and thinking how to beat those bastards! :twisted:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the tree was a bastard to me mainly because i wasn't killing the minions for a little while i was working with the idea that if tree dies they'll die but when i realized they need to die first in order to make living possible i went for them immediately and the battle was pretty easy. but it wasn't nearly as hard as fighting the beast rune which to this day infuriates me to no end bastard...
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cray and the final boss=remarkably easy? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

midnight_fox387 wrote:
I know this ins't a question, but did antone else think Cray and the final boss in S4 were too easy? I leveled up my characters past 60, believing those battles were going to be as hard as the ones in S3, but then I fought them and they were too easy. Did anyone else have the same feeling?

Very easy. I was only about a level 55 or so when I beat it. I forget exactly who I had in my party, but I know some of them weren't even people I normally use.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On my first playthough of Suikoden 4, I killed Cray in 3 or 4 rounds, and then I lost to the tree when I was on the verge of defeating it. Then I fought the tree again, and killed it pretty easily, as I recall.

Suikoden bosses have never been very hard. The Suikoden 1 and 2 final bosses were probably the hardest, especially if they inflicted status abnormalities on your party. When that happens, you might have 4 characters who become pretty much useless in the fight.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cray was easy, but he had a lot of health points didn't he?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
On my first playthough of Suikoden 4, I killed Cray in 3 or 4 rounds, and then I lost to the tree when I was on the verge of defeating it. Then I fought the tree again, and killed it pretty easily, as I recall.

Suikoden bosses have never been very hard. The Suikoden 1 and 2 final bosses were probably the hardest, especially if they inflicted status abnormalities on your party. When that happens, you might have 4 characters who become pretty much useless in the fight.

Barbarossa and the 3 arsed dragon were child's play once you figured out which one was the "designated healer" since as soon as he was gone it was buh bye heads and victoly! Really, Suiko3 & 5 would probably be the hardest since you have a staged effect and not just a "here's a boss, defeat it" effect, something which 1 (Ain) and 2 (Culgan & Seed, Han) didn't really do to dramatic effect where you suddenly had to have more than a base party in order to complete the game.

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Cray was easy, but he had a lot of health points didn't he?

Yeah, it did take awhile.

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: