Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cray and the final boss=remarkably easy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnight_fox387

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Cray and the final boss=remarkably easy? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this ins't a question, but did antone else think Cray and the final boss in S4 were too easy? I leveled up my characters past 60, believing those battles were going to be as hard as the ones in S3, but then I fought them and they were too easy. Did anyone else have the same feeling?
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I spent a lot of time leveling up so yea they were real easy for me. I guess if you never used the training room they would be kinda hard. I don't know.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought they were easy i think in the walkthrough it said Cray had 5000 HP and the Giant tree had 13000 but other than that the tree was easy as most runes and combos gave a great deal of damage.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Giant tree was really difficult! Of course, I didn't have a lot of the better runes and my level was pretty low which explains it and all that.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were pretty difficult at Level 60 tops. Cray is somewhat easier though, but the lack of a second well-trained quartet definitely made it miles tougher for me. In fact, I'd consider the Giant Tree to be a few points above the end bosses of the first two games. Nothing beats Wind Rune Incarnation in overall difficulty, of course.

You'd better prepare to some extend for the fight against the Great Tree; at least a speedy healer or equivalent alternative strategy. No way I'd simply toss in random characters like I did against the Beast Rune! (i.e. A Hero plus 5 squirrels versus that one boss? Not a problem at all!)
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone else think Cray and the final boss were remar Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

midnight_fox387 wrote:
I know this ins't a question, but did anyone else think Cray and the final boss in S4 were too easy?

Umm... Actually that IS a question. And yes they were kind of easy.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On my first playthrough, I got creamed. Then again, I had 3 (not even a whole party :() good characters, I didn't have many combos, and I was at a low level. The second time through was easier (I learned from my mistakes, yay) but I wouldn't call it remarkably easy.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden has never been a particularly difficult series. The Wind Incar was probably the most difficult out of the four of them, and that's just because it was so magically inclined.

I'd say that Tree-San was definitely more difficult than the Beast Rune and the Golden Hydra, though.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished Cray yesterday on the Japanese version of the game with a level 51-52 Lino, Akaghi, Mizuki and Sigurd...

Took what... five-six turns...

So it's easy alright...

And so is the tree, though I must admit if you are unprepared it can be difficult.

Now that I'm playing III I have to say is a lot harder, I hope Konami doesn't go the easy way with Rhapsodia.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep it's easy alright... Just dish out a few magic combos and our dear tree is as good as dead...

Golden Hydra was easy as well... Beast rune slighty harder... Wind rincar hardest... So if i have to grade the difficulty of the bossess...

Tree<Golden Hydra<Beast Rune<Wind Rincar

With Tree being the easiert and Rincar the hardest...
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it was hard, provided you brought a decent party. If you didn't bring a good party, then it would be very easy to get creamed - witness the poor people who brought mostly magically inclined parties.

I went in with Hero, Snowe, Ted, and Aldo, and just doing the Bow and Arrow combo with Ted and Aldo and the True Friendship with Hero and Snowe and healing with necessary, I think it was dead in 7~8 turns. And that was with a party just barely burgeoning into the sixties, mind you.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a hard time with the tree the first time I played the game. But that's mainly because I didn't bother to level up or buy better armor...
But then, aside from Suikoden 3, I always had a hard time with bosses in the series. I don't really try to get in battles to level up, so I'm gladl that Suikodens are easy and short in general... (aside from 3, which was easy but not really short)
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I....hated that tree thing. So very, very much. But it cant be helped, i used a combination of Sigurd, hervey, Hero4, and Helmut. I was level 50 ish i think with best weapons, sets, and i still had problems. it killed me twice before i actually started realizing what it was going to do for attacks, and prepared accordingly. And when it went down--my characters were nearly keeling over.

Cray himself was a piece of cake.

So the S4 boss was pretty hard---personally i thought he was alot hard then the S3 boss. By *alot*. Because that bird died pretty fast---and i never relied on spells in any game. Its brute strength.

Maybe on my next play through i wont have such a hard time because i now know what to expect.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahh well, I was underleveld and maybe ill equpited for the final battle, when the tree would turn white, I'd be gone. I'd be gone within 3 or 4 turns. that goes to show you how sad I was. I had Ted, Katrina and Helmut in my party, I never got Snowe because my game messed up, and the man won't talk to me. anway. Cray wasn't to hard, I had my pirate crew with me, argg..we rocked. well almost. some really, royaly stunk, but got better. plus i outfited them with second hand junk.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me those bosses were rather easy. I have wrote here somewhere my squads for both fights but I will do it again here:).
So for Cray there were:Helmut, Ted, Mitsuba, Selma. They were all about level 50-51. It was very easy-probably because of Soul Eater Rune.
For tree I took: Hero, Kika, Mizuki, Jeane. They were around level 54 I think. It was little harder than Cray but still rather easy. One or two times one of my characters was killed because I weren't looking on those strong attacks from the Boss(You know they were indicated by colours of leaves). So at first I was using magical combos(Jeane was great at it) and when my mp depleted I attacked physically and at the end boss have fallen.( in terms of difficult bosses try Indelacio in Star Ocean 2 especially on higher levels of difficulty).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: