Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest Boss Fight.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TO be honest I never had a problem with that one, I guess I got lucky XD
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i never fought velies (i dont know if i spelled it right) in final fantasy tactics.When do you fight him????

Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You fight Velius at the end of chapter 3 if I'm not mistaken.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh ok thanks patton

Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well aside from FFT overall being difficult the very first time i played it---i have to say the hardest boss---probably Kingdom Hearts chain of memories Riku, at the twilight town or whatever it was called. I have never been so frustrated at a game until i played through it, the 2nd part. Made me want to throw the Sp.. Its so cheap, i swear, and im like...nearing level 60 and its still hard.

Either that or i havent quite grasped the card thing, maybe not doing enough combos, but yes, Riku is *still* the hardest thing ive ever fought against. I suppose the other boss i had problems with would be...

Sarah of Suikoden 3 :lol: But thats just because Chris was underdeveloped with the Zexen Knights, i was determined to beat her with those people so i got my butt whooped *many* *many* times.
aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sparda wrote:
TO be honest I never had a problem with that one, I guess I got lucky XD

You're making me cry. The Eddelritter (sp?) tended to wipe out any unit they came in contact with in one turn, even with all my guys defending. And then if my units survived, they usually retreated the wrong way. I just have all the luck.

Sarah wiped me out a lot too. I used the six knights party so I could get the cutscene at the end. Unfortunately, they mostly had horrible magic defense.
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the last battles in Breath of Fire : Dragon Quarter where very hard, especially if you don't use dragon powers. For example, there's this fight against Jezuit or whatever, he can make himself invincible and you'd have to wait until he's out of it or set a trap for him... that battle took me a few hours, because I wasn't sure what to do, and my D-Counter was already high.
Elyon from the same game was hard too, he can clone himself (alter ego?) and always gets the first turn... makes me feel like playing that game again.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all i can remember having a lil trouble with was on ninja gaiden... i fought alma on very hard mode unprepared... no potions, no talismans nothing... but i prevailed in the end

(alma is the pink floating woman like creature with greeny bluey hair... she throws multiple pillars, does some pink fireballs and some short yet powerful close combat moves and one strong stab and kick attack at close range)

apart from that... all other boss in almost all other games i've played have been normal to easy for me...

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've said it once, and i shall say it again..... the Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts...
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sephirot in KH when you are not at 100lvl lol.............and............mmmm i guess that the Wind Rincar. :?

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one mentioned the weapons from FFVII?
Sorthelia

487 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me the Hardest boss was Romeo Guildenstern from Vagrant Story. It was a long time ago but i think i had something missing.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I think of a hard boss, Wild Arms 2 comes to mind. Those friggin Hidden Bosses were HARD, especially the Ragu something guy, that was at level 99 and had 99999 HP (I think all those hidden bosses had 99999 HP). And the crappy thing about that Ragu guy was that he gave no experience or gella(money), and I remember that you get an item by chance.

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

..I actually thought Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics was really easy. But of course, when I played that game last, my Hero was above Level 60 when I fought Velius which might have had something to do with it. I've never fought some of the others - I didn't like Kingdom Hearts much, so I never got far enough to fight Sephiroth...I never fought the optional bosses in Wild Arms 2...just played the core story... but a few pretty hard bosses:

Double Boss: Ramsus and Miang: From Xenogears, this is a horrible double boss fight. It's mostly difficult because of the way healing works in Xenogears when in your "gears", and the fact that the boss fights are literally back to back with no interval to do any restoration or healing of any kind between them. Ramsus tends to end the battle with an attack that reduces all your characters HP to 1 (Ramsus is otherwise not worth mentioning, as he's quite easy). Miang, on the other hand, is very tough, and uses all-party magical attacks. Obviously, you have to heal immediately - but that leaves you low on fuel, and at reasonable best, with half your hitpoints. Stupid Miang.

Deus: Also from Xenogears, Deus has a lot to him, and it's very spoiler-heavy, so I won't go into a great deal of depth here. However, unless you take the time to buy the game's most powerful engine (which is expensive, in a game where gil is hard to find), this guy is very difficult. With the engine however, he's only moderate.

Meta Ridley: From Metroid Prime (I didn't see any guidelines stipulating that they had to be RPG bosses). Meta Ridley...ugh...I've never been less happy to see a dragon lose his wings before.

Omega Weapon: From Final Fantasy VIII. I realize that you can use the Holy Wars item to make your party invincible, and essentially remove the chance of dying from this battle - but have you ever tried fighting him without the Holy Wars? Ouch.

Ozma: From Final Fantasy IX. He heals himself for 9,999 once a round, and possesses all the game's most powerful magic. He attacks three times in a row. Most things don't work too well on him. At best, he's incredibly frustrating.

Any boss from Ninja Gaiden: ...Well, obviously from Ninja Gaiden, the game is simply unnecessarily difficult. Any of the bosses are overwhelming, some of them well past the point of being any fun.

Songi - From Legend of Legaia, the final incarnation of Songi towards the end of the game. I was stuck for a very long time on that guy...he's just brutal, with massive combo attacks, a seemingly endless reservoir of hitpoints, and a good defense.

Yar...those are all the ones that popped into my head right away...some of the other Final Fantasy optional bosses are pretty hard, and some optional bosses in other games. There are other non-RPGs which have ridiculously difficult bosses - the older the game, the more likely that's the case. Meh.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK..this is gonna sound lame but...

Tiamat in Xenosaga...it was hard enough as it is, bt having to kill it once with Jr. and once with Shion made it extra hard cuz everytime he was about to die I had the 3rd person in like to hit it...so I had to make him wait and and the monster would then kill my party :evil: ...Drive me nut...Thank god for the cinema skip option.

Another was Luther's 2nd form in Star Ocean 3...cuz I didn't do enough levelling/inventing and at that point I can't really go back :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: