Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest Boss Fight.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Hardest Boss Fight. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is where you can talk about the boss fights that just make you rip your hair out and rant and cry and throw the controller

Not that I'm talking from, you know, personal experience or anything Well, not the crying bit, anyway

Mine is definitely Hitoshura, in Digital Devil Saga.

If you go in with any of the cheap skills on, he spams his ultimate attack -- 8,000-16,000 damage to all party members. Certain death as max hit points is only 999.

He has 18,000 hit points himself, completely immune to all elements except earth.

He comes with an array of minions, and will summon two new ones if you take out the two he has.

The first time you get him below half HP, one of the three enemies on the field casts a spell that will heal all three enemies to full HP.

If any of his minions is left on the field for more than twenty turns, it will use a skill that sacrifices itself and completely heals the HP and MP of Hitoshura.

If he summons a pixie, it will cast a sleep spell. Then on Hitoshura's next turn he will use his ultimate attack. Another 8-16K to all three members.

The only way to survive the attack is to have a certain skill that will assure that you dodge all attacks while asleep, and to be asleep when he casts it.

Even without the ultimate attack, he is capable of dealing 500-700 hit points each round. Added in with the attacks from his minions, and this is without a doubt, the hardest boss I've ever fought in any RPG.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't just a boss fight but it was still very hard. On Final Fantasy Tactics when you fight Elmdor he has the Genji equiptment that you can only steal from him. I was Going through the game with two characters on chocabos as a challenge and I had a samurai so I needed the stuff. this took me a very long time
Kai Saijei

Crimson Moon Lancers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, the fight with Velius drove me up the wall. I nearly broke my controller before I managed to beat that goat-headed bastard. He's from Final Fantasy Tactics to, and he likes to summon Cyclopos a lot, and if you silence him he hits you with an unfailable petrify attack. He also has two demons that cast Dark Holy a lot to back him up. *twitch* I did not have fun fighting him. At all. Dunno what his HP was though since it was ???? :P

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Velius made me want to DIE. I was stuck on that boss for four years.

Yup, four years.

Although it was a fari trade off, because beating him was like taking a breath of pine fresh air. Playing some [ii]new[/i] Final Fantasy Tactics after four years of hitting the brick wall known as Velius was just tremendous. Never before and never since have video games filled me with such legitimate ecstasy.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patton wrote:
This isn't just a boss fight but it was still very hard. On Final Fantasy Tactics when you fight Elmdor he has the Genji equiptment that you can only steal from him. I was Going through the game with two characters on chocabos as a challenge and I had a samurai so I needed the stuff. this took me a very long time

A little off topic, but if you plan on fighting him again you can use a skill (can't remember the name offhand) that reduces the enimies Brave points each turn, after reducing them to zero Elmdor wont be able to attack you anymore because he'll be afflicted with an ailment known as chicken. Repeatidly do this (Because you will have to, you gain one brave per turn until you reach 10 at which point you can attack again) while having all of your other characters contenually steal from him until you finally get it all. Granted, the fight might take an hour or so, but it's a fairly easy way to defeat a powerful boss.

As for my hardest boss fight, I would have to say it was in Final Fantasy VII. The gate keeper (you know that creature in the temple of the acients), my characters were only about level 20 and all had less than 1000 hp with the exception of Cloud who just barely broke that. A single attack 500-700 damage per attack, and that doesn't even include his collapse attack that does 1000+ damage, or his special rush ability that does about the same. I finally won, thanks to Vincints limit break, but I had to invest about two hours into attempting to get his limit break up before he was KOed.

Julious Cezar
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how hard you think this "Hitoshura" guy is, but if you want tough bosses you better try the super powered version of Indalecio in Star Ocean 2.

I mean that puppy was hard, three characters at level 250 and all the bonus you can get from that secret dungeon in the "past" and you still couldn't put a dent to him, the key to beating him is using the, eh don't remember Chaos or Blood Armor that does damage constantly on you but negates any damage done by the enemy, he was that powerful that it was better to lose energy constantly (that armor go it down pretty fast) than get hit by his attacks, not to mention his insane speed, I will be trying this "Hitoshura" guy once I get that game too.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hitoshura is really, really hard, like 'nipples on a blind lesbian in a fish market' hard. He is easily the most difficult optional boss I've ever fought. Ever. He redefines the term difficult.

Blackjack has already described much of his difficulty i.e: physically hitting for well over 2/3 [700-ish] of your health if it's maxed [999], constantly having tough monsters as minions with vicious attacks of thier own, a move that will kill [8-16k damage] your whole party unless you find the skill loophole, ect. The Hitoshura is like taking on 6 Luca Blights at the same time, but he can max heal himself.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, Velius was pretty hard. My friend was trying to beat the game with all chemists and gave up there.
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sephiroth was the hardest boss eva. my cid had slash all got confused and ataked my hole team.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kai Saijei wrote:
Ugh, the fight with Velius drove me up the wall. I nearly broke my controller before I managed to beat that goat-headed bastard. He's from Final Fantasy Tactics to, and he likes to summon Cyclopos a lot, and if you silence him he hits you with an unfailable petrify attack. He also has two demons that cast Dark Holy a lot to back him up. *twitch* I did not have fun fighting him. At all. Dunno what his HP was though since it was ???? :P

Ugh...Velius was the hardest boss in the game..Ive never fought something so vile and the battle against Wiegraf before hand was pretty tough on its own.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say the first time i played devil may cry 2 (in my opinion devil may cry 1 ,2, and 3 are amazing!!!!) and got to argosax the chaos he was real hard but now he is easy.i also found the battle against neclord in suikoden 1 super HARD! because he just kept killing me i got really pissed and did not play it for awhile but eventually i played it and killed him and then soon after i finished the game.

Riou

Elemental Magi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hardest boss for me was Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. Uggghhh... That fight still gives me trouble...
The first time I fought him, I had the Oblivion keyblade equipped and I was level 65 or so. I pulled down 1 guage of his health and he used Sin Harvest. I used Curaga immediately, but it didn't take effect until after he slashed me from behind. The battle is hard enough with all the dodging you have to do, but Sin Harvest pulls you down to 1 HP!!!
The furthest I ever got in that battle was his last gauge of health and he killed me with his explosion attack... This boss is the most evil thing I have ever encountered in any game... :?
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any Guilty Gear bosses drive me nuts. It doesn't matter if it's Justice, Dizzy, I-No (to an extent) or Leopaldon, never mind the optional boosted characters like Gold and Black. I also remember Cyber Akuma from Street Fighter vs. X-Men (or one of those titles) giving me LOTS of problems.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think one of them would be SwordDancer lvl3 in Tales of Symphonia
and Luca Blight :oops:

Luca Blight was so hard on me, anyone els had problems with him?

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Velius seems popular here. But I agree that he's the hardest boss in FFT. Altima couldn't hold a candle to him.

Off the top of my head... the last battle in the Gustave branch in SaGa Frontier 2 was pretty frustrating. That one where you had to survive 12(?) turns against a horde of steel soldiers. I was at it for hours, and I just barely made the turn limit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: