Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Theme music, Recruitment, and Castle Position/Responsibilities
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Theme music, Recruitment, and Castle Position/Responsibiliti Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I think that this is the last thing to make your Suikoden 'persona' complete, but I could be missing something.

But anyways, if you were a character in Suikoden, what kind of music would you have as a 'theme song' and (if you couldn't be the Tenkai) how would you be recruited by the Tenkai? For the theme song, you can use themes that have already been used, or you can make up your own. Outside sources are acceptable, as long as proper credit is given.

[EDIT]Also, describe where and what would your character be doing inside HQ, and would they have any minigames, or run stores, and whatnot.

As an example, I'll give my theme and recruit info.

Theme Music: A tune similar to that of this Warrior's Village ReMix by Trenthian

Recruitment: Tenkai must have a Level 4 HQ, and be level 40+. The Tenkai has to beat me in a duel before I'm recruited. (I'd fight and join at 5 levels higher than the Tenkai)

Castle Position/Services: I will be in the barracks training the new recruits, or sparring with another SoD. I'll offer the Tenkai to partake in a special 'dueling survival' minigame, in which the Tenkai duels random recruits of increasing levels and incresingly vague 'hints'. I'll give out 'special technique' runes (Boar, Gozz, Great Hawk, Kite, Titan, Viper, ect) after defeating every 5 enemies. I only give out one rune per achievement, though. (If you hit 5 and lose, you get a rune. You try again, and get 7, you get no rune.)

Now it's your turn. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.

Last edited by Raze on Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "Hero" can only recruit me by finding a part for SB-90. For those of you that don't know who SB-90 is, he's a robot created in a fanfic that I like and keep him around. As for a theme song I would have to say Blinded me with science.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty nice. This'll make my profile complete! I can't wait... But i guess i have to think this through.

Theme Music:
Somewhat similar to suikoden 2's [Beautiful Morning]... I love that...

Recruitment Requirements:

I always come along with Viki. So you have to recruit Viki first, then you're gonna have to look for me in the last place she's been as i am now lost looking for her ALL day! :roll:

First, I can be found searching for her in an town full of fishes... Then in a town full of entertainment, and finally the town where the main character was born. But you must have Viki first, or i will NOT join you.

Castle Position/Services:
I can almost always be found beside Viki or the Blinking Mirror when she's away. I am also available for teleporting services, but you will only be able to use Viki for now. I keep track of all the cities you've visited and see if there is something important happening there or not.

Support Skills in War
Repair Self
Evade
ATK +1 DEF +2

Investigator's Info:
#1: He's just a normal guy... too normal though... Actually, not that i think about it... I don't remember anything else...

#2: He says he likes some thing called cheese pie... and that he likes to play with string... But... uhh... :oops: That's all i can say...

#3: Ummm... I didn't find anything! :oops:

Last edited by VikiFanatic on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personal Theme: "Fight On." by CarboHydroM

Recrutment: My persona Jhones can only be recruted after all the other Zexen characters, and there's also a requirement of 80+ other SoD characters recruted.

He's located in the Training yard behind the Zexen capital building, Bring one other Zexen character along in the party for a scene where Jhones and said character talk. Depending on the Zexen character used, his scene will be different, (like him speaking honourably to Sai and Gaara, and he'll treat all the others as equals, even poking slight fun at EGG's hight.) during the scene an NPC soldier bursts in saying Ikasy's been taken over by a group of Brigands. Since it's their civic duty, Jhones and the Other Zexener say they'll go fight them. The party then get's the option of having him in as a PC or as a "convoy" character.

Reaching Iksay the party's first privvy to a Map battle, with Jhone's Vermillion Leigon, (Jhone's unit, and two NPC units who have combat stats roughtly equal to Jhones'.) and the Tenki's command unit versus eight enemy units who's combat stats are roughtly half the Tenki's unit's strength. Easy map fight, and then the party's in Ikasy. Jhones forces his way into the party and the other Zexen character is also unremovable. The village is treated as a mini-dungen, scripted fights happen roughly every twenty to twenty-four steps, Finally ending with a fight with a Brigand and two flunkies at the Windmill.

After that, the party is treated to a scene where the brigands run and Jhones thanks the party for their help. He then waves and leaves. Upon returning to Vinay Del Zexay and the training yard. A scene occures where Jhones greats you and the request prompt pops up.

Where he's located in the Headquarters: Jhones can bee seen practicing out on the infront of the Main building, when spoken too, he greats the Tenkai and asks if you know anything about dueling. This opens his mini-game where you and he can spar, winning with varying amounts of HP left and/or the total number of turns used net various prizes. He has three different diffaculties:

Regular: Where his various attack, defend and Desperate attacks are shown and heard.

Warrior: Where his attacks can be heard, though his voice is half as loud and the window's don't open when he says them.

Pugulist: Jhones is compleatly silent, and the prompt flashes onscreen for three seconds.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personal Theme Music - "The Last Waltz" by 조영욱 from Old Boy

Recruitment:

Axiose can be recruited at two seperate points of the game. The first is during a night scene where you must specifically ask three times to leave the village of Sajah. Even though you will recieve the same response, continue to ask and eventually you'll be allowed to leave.

After an uncertain amount of random battles, you'll run into Axiose who is attacking a group of undead creatures. Help him and he'll join you in hopes of meeting someone who can find him a cure for a curse.

If you do not leave the village of Sajah near the start of the game then you'll have to wait until the Tenkai and his rebels (set during a rebellion in Higheast years after the recorded Higheast Rebellion) try and sneak into L'renouille.

You can meet Axiose in the city streets lingering around the walls of the palace. You are recieved with a simple "Hi..." if you talk to him, unless you bring a member of darkness with you (vampire perhaps...) which prompts Axiose to attack you. If you beat him, he apologises and joins to make sure the creature of the night with you doens't cause any problems.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, whenever I am on screen, this will play in the BG http://www.geocities.com/dark_mirror_soldier/saga_bioresearch.mid

As for recruiting me, you will have multiple chances to do so, seeing as how every time you engage in combat with the enemy I will be there, working for them. Once you manage to defeat me you have to answer a series of questions to convince me to join your side. I am a great asset in battle, and in strategy battles I have a great affinity for leading troops.

Oh and Earthquake I found a song for you http://www.geocities.com/dark_mirror_soldier/saga_devin1.mid

And for Wataru here ya go http://www.geocities.com/dark_mirror_soldier/saga_kylin.mid

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my theme song would have to be this!

http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhills/gum/353/ssf2ken.mid

It's a Midi of Ken's song (street fighter 2)

It suits the personality of my character I guess xD

Recruting me is easy, the only requirement is that you give me 6 bottles of Kanakus most expensive wine! (6.000 Potch each)

After I pass out from drinking the Tenkai would carry me to his headquarters and when I woke up I will simply tag along because I wouldn't have anything better to do (but drinking and fighting of course)
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, let's if I can do this with out wrecking my computer

Music: http://www.rpgdreamer.com/music/ffx/ff1038.mid
http://www.rpgdreamer.com/music/ffx/ff1050.mid
(I'll try to find more music)
Recruitment: I am that character who keeps out of the hero's way until most of the 108 stars are recruited then appears out of nowhere and asks to join.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Love the song Scarlet!

I would use either it, the standard Narcisist theme, or Abba's Dancing Queen.

Wataru would be a story character. The Tenkai would need to seek him out for a loan to support the army and he would join to keep an eye on his investment. Either that, or his manor would be the place where the stars stay.

In the HQ, he would be found in the strategy room during story scenes. Otherwise he would be wandering the gardens.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's a good idea, Wataru. It fits very nicely with the topic. Raze, would you be opposed to any of the moderators including the "Castle Position/Services" in the topic title? But let me be the first to say that it's going to be a big castle if we all get recruited in one army.

Theme Music:

Leftover of the Dreams of the Strong (Yggdrasil's Theme) - Xenogears

Recruitment requirements:

After gaining Tinto's services in the *insert name here* war, go back to the Military Academy and talk to the officers there. They'll give you a lot of information about his students. From there, look for him in the Academy dojo and I'll give you a 7 question test regarding who's who. If you answer all of them in a row, I'll be impressed with your dedication and knowledge and I'll join your party.

If you answer a question wrong, then we'll duel for my enlistment.

From there, I will say that I have some business to attend to before I end up in the castle. Upon further inquiry of the soldiers, you find out that I had to investigate a disappearance of a caravan. After snooping around in Tinto's pub, you hear that I went to the mountains hearing that some bandits stole the caravan's goods. From there, since you don't know the area, you must have at least one other member of Tinto to navigate the mountains. (They help you find a shortcut basically). Help me beat the bandits, and the scene will blacken and shift to Tinto where we give back the cargo. Of course there will be complaints from everyone saying how heavy it all was. (even if we never really got a chance to experience it as the player) From there's it's just a Blinking Mirror away from the castle wherever it may be.

Castle Position and Services:

I'll be in the dojo with the rest of 3-A. Feel free to chat and challenge the remaining Stars of Destiny and other non-stars. I'll be sure to get them for you. I have one fury rune and infinite slash runes for all! First come, first served.

But when the dojo is crowded (apparently it is now) I'll be up in my room behind my desk doing paperwork or reading something.

Text: "Hmm? May I help you, *Tenkai*?"

Edit: Changed my theme music because I felt that overworld themes don't make good character themes. Airship themes, do though.

Last edited by Cedric on Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aelie's Theme Song - My Mind

Recruitment -

Go to South Window and speak to a group of people in the middle of the street near the item shop. Talk them all and hear about a girl who danced at the recent festival there. One will tell you she went to perform at Kyaro. So Go to Kyaro.
In Kyaro, you will have to rest at the Kyaro Inn numerous of times before you see Aelie sitting at a table (Kind Of Like Clive's Recruitment in S I). Talk to her and she asks if you could find her rose hairpin that she lost on the way to Kyaro. Go out of Kyaro and walk along the road to the town and keep walking around until a random battle with a thief comes up. Defeat the thief and obtain the hairpin. Go back to Kyaro Inn and talk to Aelie. She thanks you and says that she is in your debt. Ask her to join and she says yes.

[ Aelie Joined The 108 Stars of Destiny! ]

Castle Position/ And Services -

She lies at the rose garden on the balcony, sitting at the table.
She asks if you want to see a performance when you talk to here. She will also recite serene poems for you.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theme Music: Vanessa Mae's version of Devil's Trill

Recruitment Requirements:

Urn will be found in the later half of the game. He will be at a pub in a quiet town in Falena. When you enter the pub, a mysterious figure will walk in after you and bump into you and say "Pardon". Proceed further into the pub and you will find that mysterious man talking to Urn who has his feet up on the table leaning back in a chair. An event will occur and the man will pass Urn a sealed letter. Afterwards the man quickly leaves. You have to talk to Urn and inquire about the man and he will make a request.

You have to bring him the "Grave Crow" pendant worn by his mistress who is a travelling swordswoman named "Salius" who is currently stationed at a small town south of the town Urn is in and be at level 55 or above. Salius will give you the opinion and give you information about an event. Return the pendant to Urn and he will join you to partake in a mission given to him by The Courier, the mysterious man.

During this mission, you will visit the remains of Urn's destroyed village. You will visit a buried temple under jet black sand. There Urn will meet his fallen ancestor and you will have to defeat him to obtain the 9th Seal known as the Eternal Flame. Urn will retain part of his memory from his mysterious past. Afterwards he will join officially as a Star of Destiny.

Castle Position and Services:

Urn will be found in the bar throwing back shots with plenty of female company around. If he is not in the bar he will be out wandering from time to time on the premisis of the headquarters mostly in places where he can have solitude. You may find him talking to a mysterious character at the right time, as well.

Urn can offer trade tips and obtain rare information on various topics from his sources for the right amount of potch. For the right amount of potch you may learn something about The World of Darkness. He may know a little about the little known about Sindarians, as well.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no problems with that, Ced. I'll add mine as well.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'll add my services then

Castle Position/ And Services

I stand around the doctors quarters and the wards mainly. I can be used in battle obviously but as a service, I also supply currative items and medicinal herbs.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recruitment
The Tenkai has to beat me at a duel.
If the Tenkai gets beat he/she pays 10000 to me; if the Tenkai wins, then i get mad and demand a rematch - then if he/she wins again i decide to join.

Castle Position/Services
You can see DW hanging around the barracks watching and teaching the troops of the Tenkai's army; you can also challenge him to duels but a reasonable wager has to be placed of course. Can also be used in party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: