Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Battle Questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Battle Questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, this thread isn't about what would make the battle system more realistic, so please don't post anything about it. This is only for technical questions regarding the battle between nations.

My questions are as the following (assuming that the battle has been final and not in test sessions anymore):

1. Must every nation take part in it?
2. Must every member of a nation take part in it?
3. Is there any reward for the winner?

Thanks, that's all for now. Be back later if I have more questions about it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Must every nation take part in?
No, I do not think that every nation should take part in it unless they want to or they are attacked by another nation.

2. Must every member of a nation take part in it?
No, I think that every member has the right to participate in the battles if they want to.

3. Is there any reward for the winner?
I think that there should be a reward for the winner because if there is no reward then what is the benefit of it.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Err, not to diss you, Njord. But I was expecting a direct answer by the admins. It wasn't meant to be a discussion of what "should've been the answers according to the members".

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord is more or less correct in the way it works. For number two, the members that partake in battles are chosen by nation leaders. For number three, there is an undisclosed reward for the winning nation.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, each nation will have different rules for number 2. Some nations may have compulsory service and conscription while others may allow you to choose who wants to be involved with battles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something that I've been wondering is lets say that you lose some of your soldiers in battle. If they are taken away (I'm assuming that they will be in the real thing), will you simply have to deal with the loss, or will your nation leader replenish your lost soldiers with some from their own stock? It would be reasonable to assume that a decision like that would be up to the leader and your nations rules, but I was just wondering.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that if you loose your soldiers during battle you just have to deal with the loss like you said. It would be up to the nation leader if they wanted to replenish them from his/her own stock. However, you must remember that your leader may have lost many soldiers in the battle as well and may not be able to replenish the stock of everyone who took part in the battle.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually SARSadmin has said that soldiers will not really be lost, similarly to Suikoden 1 you will automatically regain lost soldiers after the battle.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No he hasn't he said that only for these battles because they are to prepare us before we actually can declare war and can actually lose our soldiers

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, somewhat off subject, but if the battle system is about to be implimented, are the other pseudo-countries (howling voice guild, rokkaku, ect,) finally going to make a comeback? Or are we not that far yet?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
No he hasn't he said that only for these battles because they are to prepare us before we actually can declare war and can actually lose our soldiers

No I didn't. That'd require so much work on my part, I'd never agree to do such a thing.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
well, somewhat off subject, but if the battle system is about to be implimented, are the other pseudo-countries (howling voice guild, rokkaku, ect,) finally going to make a comeback? Or are we not that far yet?

They'll be added as time goes by.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this whole war system is going to be overall when it is fully implemented into the forum is going to be a great and certainly unique addition to the boards. It may even get some people that I know to join in and become part of the war family but somehow I doubt they will have the patience to do so. But it is certainly not a deterrant for them as I think they would essentially find the system very interesting. Anyways one question I have. Since this is war aside from reward that comes with victory whatever that might be how about conquering land through victory. Gaining new territory and such through conquest which is usually one of the goals in war isnt it? Just a thought anyway. It's probably way too much work to implement.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wait... now I am confused...
so we wont lose soldiers in the real battles?
Because Synchysi has said on our board that "No one will lose soldiers until the real thing starts" and then plan is "if your unit is annihilated, you lose all your soldiers"

I guess the plan is changed then...?

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the plan has been changed. No one will lose soldiers; that'd be entirely too much work for SARSadmin and I to go through everyone who fought in the battle and remove soldiers from them, so we've ditched the idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: