Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Greatest Videogame Moments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Greatest Videogame Moments Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a thread for those moments in video games that just make you go "Hell YES" be it a plot point, be it just a simple line of dialogue, or be it something awesome that happened by chance in a battle, this is where you can share the wealth.

I shall start the thread off with a moment that happened while I was playing Breath of Fire 2. It happened while facing the first boss after Nina's sister sacrificed herself to become the Great Bird. Nina was killed by a critical hit from the boss, but her Guts kicked in, and the message "I can't give up now..." showed up on the screen, and she was revived with one hit point left.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about when Tidus and Yuna kissed in Macalania Woods in FFX! That didn't just make me go "Hell Yes", it make me go "YYYYAAAAHHOOOOOO".
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it make me go "YYYYAAAAHHOOOOOO".

It made me go WTF...

But anyway I have to many of them here so just let me mention one game and that is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

I was playing the game on Extreme difficulty to get the Dog Tag's there too, and after going through the insanely difficult bosses on extreme like the Harrier and taking the Dog Tag's on the way I had finally reached the end and the final battle with the 25 or so Metal Gear Ray's.

So after several failed attempts and while holding only one of the I think two Rations you can hold in your inventory I went at them again and I managed to kick their a**'s literally unscathed, I mean not a dent, sheer perfection they didn't hit me even once and that is 25 Metal Gear Ray's and no toy.

I mean when they stopped coming and I realized I won I had just given the neighborhood another reason to call the police with my insane screams of victory; I was at Zen at the time.

After that I moved on with Solidus himself took me a few tries and my last remaining ration but I kicked his a** too, and another saga was at is as it turned out now temporary end, because after the release of Substance I might need to do all that again but I'll work a way around it and only do the new stuff.

More later, I have a lot of tales from the deep.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Fire Emblem I couldn't beat this boss on Hector's Hard mode and I decide to try using Legault the assassin to attack, He has zero damage against her but got the special Deathblow and shes dead. That gained Legault a perminent spot in my team.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Greatest video game moments....

Definetly in Xenogears----when you fight Hammer and if you can beat him in a certain amount of hits you get a rare item that increases rare item drops (very important to me to sell stuff i get in the lighthouse). And Fei was down, as was Bart (or Billy, cant remember) and i had restarted the battle a couple of times because i couldnt defeat him in said time. So i was hanging there, with Citans gear on the brink of death---on the last use of fuel.....and i kicked his butt in the final attack.

I was so happy---i couldnt believe it.

Another good moment---was beating Dragon Quarter....pure relief. Or fighting Lucifer in Star Ocean 3 (whooped me eight times in a row---halleluah to Albel nox, sole suvivor of intense battle.)

If no those---then understanding Unlimited Saga. It was a breakthorugh---though not by much. i still dont undertsand the system. but i got the gist of it--kind of.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say that fighting games have 'worked me up' the most, mostly for the utter cheezyness of the bosses (or of other people...wall games be damned!), so a few of these are going to come from fighting games.

First thing: Beating 'Gold Boss' Ino on Guilty Gear X-2. the Guilty Gear series has always been setting the standard on utter cheapness. From GG X onward, there have been 'Gold' unlockables for every character. For some characters, it makes them more powerful; others, will auto-parry every attack if left in neutral. (People play clock-games with that, as parrying causes no damage.) With some, a single atribute is significantly raised, with some characters moving up to 9x normal speed! Anyways, it's sick. And Boss Ino is already cheap to begin with. (The Ino that you can play as really sucks. She's got like, half the moves that the boss has. :/ ) Anyways, I spent nearly 24 hours with me and like, 3 friends, all trying to beat this 'side mission' that requires you to beat Gold Boss Ino with a non-gold Dizzy. Fighting against a Gold character without another Gold character is already suicide, and we all were pretty bad with Dizzy to begin with. We'd play until we got frustrated, then we'd walk across the room and played Super Smash Bros. Melee with the other friend who's turn wasn't up in order to unwind, and we'd rotate like so. Finally, on about hour 20 (somewhere around my 500th attempt), I beat gold boss Ino and shouted "HA! I GOT YOU GOOD, YOU F***ER!" (I had just got done watching Super Troopers). After the lucrative celebration, I saved the game, and backed it up 3 times (once on both my friends memory cards, and once on my PS2's HDD) and to this day, that save file has never left my PS2 Memory card.

But other moments that stick out of my mind include a scene from Devil May Cry 3, where Dante is running down the side of the tower and naturally whooping ass, as usual, and the at the end of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker when
[Spoiler!] Link stabs Gannondorf through the skull, killing him. Hyrule sinks beneath the ocean, showing the Master Sword still stuck in Gannondorf's skull. F***in-A![/Spoiler]

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK I will put another moment now (I thought there were more gamers here but judging from how ignored is this thread, I'm starting to doubt it).

I was Playing Final Fantasy VII the first time I was around level 70+ don't really remember with which characters, and I bumped on the Emerald Weapon Underwater while I wasn't supposed to, well I didn't have the Underwater Materia and I thought I was a goner for sure but rather than quitting and letting the Weapon devour me I fought back managing to last all 20 minutes until the party drowned, it was impressive if you take in mind that I was completely unprepared and untrained and at a relative low level to fight a Weapon.

On the second playthrough of Final Fantasy VII I managed not to lose once playing the entire game not even against the Emerald Weapon defeating it from the first try and the mighty Ruby, of course I was completely maxed out at that point Level 99 and with the Final Materia Knights of the Round etc, etc.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not about how many gamers are here, it's just that perhaps some can't remember any moments like ours...or maybe they're too shy or lazy to write them down...or possibly they have trouble with words.

When you've been gaming for a long time (19 years for me), you don't always remember all of your best moments. And just because this topic hasn't had any new additions doesn't mean that it's being ignored, unless the 'Viewed' number has stayed the same.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my favorite Videogame moments was in Suikoden II and it was when you have badly wounded Luca Then he gets shot with more arrows then you fight him in a duel before he dies. When he does die and justs falls down with his hand in the air that gives me shivers through my spine.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I guess that may be some of the reasons, but game discussion activity is rather limited in forums that are supposed to be about a video game, not that I'm complaining but I would like some more game discussions.

Anyway as I said I have a lot so let me put another one down.

It was the Final battle in the PS1 2D/3D platform game Klonoa Door to Phantomile, against a the final Nightmare Boss, it was a hard grueling battle that I managed to beat from the first try, as soon as the final boss fell I screamed (it was 3:00 AM) "I'm the king of the world" waking up the neighbors and hearing many "SHUT UP", but then I answered with a F you!

It was an exhilarating battle that was spoiled by the beautiful ending which was ruined because my disc got mysteriously scratched and kept on skipping, oh the memories (good and bad).

And yes Luca's moment was one of a kind; though I didn't want to mention Suikoden stuff here we have so many places to do that.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my favorites moments was in Final Fantasy Tactics, when you think that Delita died in the explosion of that fort 9don't remember the name) and he appear more strong than ever in that fight to protect the princess. It was really cool.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My pinnacle of gaming has arrived.

I have beaten The Hitoshura in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Oh my God, y'all. That was ridiculously hard.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap, someone else who beat Hitoshura! (that makes 2 in my book...a friend and you) Now that's something to brag about! I bow to your skillz that art mad. (btw, how exactly did you do it?)

Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Halo 2 hall of fame:

Upon the grassy fields of Zanzibar my team strode in attempt to steal the much needed flag. The winds raged and you could hardly hear yourself think over the gentle hum of the passing Ghosts. Within mere moments the flag had been taken and Nightmare, one of my three other accomplices had successfully captured the flag and strode out the door. Clear across the outside of the map he strode without much resistance from the enemy, it was then that ||Kung Lao||, one of our adversaries took to the windmill with a rocket launcher in hand. Seeing this I jumped into action, leaping over my teamates head and making myself as big as I could to serve as a human meat-shield. I was shot almost immidatly by a sniper round that had been fired from within the innards of the enemy base, incapasitated in a single blow. As I watched my body fall to the ground in the third person, a second teamate leaped out just as a rocket was about to strike, giving his life for the honor of the flag carrier. Safely behind a rock wall, Nightmare ran his heart out until finally reaching the score area. Yes men, a great victory had been won that day upon those bloody fields. We showed our true courage, and laughed for about an hour after being accused of cheating.

Ha, loosers.

Julious Cezar
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Felipe wrote:
One of my favorites moments was in Final Fantasy Tactics, when you think that Delita died in the explosion of that fort 9don't remember the name) and he appear more strong than ever in that fight to protect the princess. It was really cool.

Protect her? Hahaha! You should play the game again-- Delita is a far more sinister person than that. The whole point was to manipulate her for political ends.

Something that made me go "hell yes"? Hmm... I'd have to say in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, when Kurtis joins your party. A cyborg and rival of Gordon, he becomes "the Defender of Earth" after Gordon gets stranded in the netherworld. When Earth invades the netherworld, it's his job to defeat Laharl (Overlord of the netherworld) and conquer it. He fights you every step of the way, and is slowly persuaded to join you in the final battle against him. He takes a while for his parts to fix, and comes in at the last moment to save the party from some device he made and dies in the process. The game continues for a time, and eventually the party finds itself in the Seraphic Realm. Vulcanus summons a bunch of greater demons to fight the party, and just as the group is about to retreat, a prinny (a large, demon-like penguin with peg-legs and bat wings, which holds the soul of a human who commited great sins in their life) appears before them. They don't know who it is, but he gives a great little blurb:

"Hey! Don't you recognize me!? These eyes full of hope and resolution!! The spirit that burns within me!!"

They laugh at him for a minute for being "so darn cute", but then the comedic "Battle Comrades" tune starts up and it's all great from there. Friggin' hilariously awesome scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: