Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Apologise for my strange english
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Apologise for my strange english Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recieved a pm from mr master of the forum about my english.

-I am a 14 year old boy who lives in belgium.
(had english this year for first time)
-I have a hard time picking up the correct english because o play lots of online games (they all use diferent spelling like i just came to find out
it aint yust but Just....)

-I really do my best to write correct and am not trying to make it hard for you people.

-I also use many short formes, if you don't like that i will avoid them.
-example:
bb = bye bye
ffs = For f**k sacke
brb = be right back
wb = welcom back
etc.....

-If it will be desided not to kick me i pre-apologise for my english, and please do correct me or don't (up to you nice people :p)

-If i will be kicked I bid you all fun and luck in life,love,gaming,and many more.
+ plz let me donate forces then.
Thank you verry much.
nanami-san

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i thought i saw your location was belgium, sorry about that

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sir you are not the one to apologise here :wink:

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Apologise for my strange english Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don`t worry too much about it...at least you`re doing your best and making an effort, unlike most people in online forums and chats. At least that`s how I feel...I don`t really know what that PM said, naturally.

Anyway...you`re 14, and this is the first year you had English in school? Here in Norway, we start having English in school in the second or third grade(8 or 9 years old). Different countries sure have different school systems...

Speaking of this subject...I`ve noticed that the level of English proficency is much higher in this forum than some others I`ve visited, such as GameFAQs. Very few people say "there" instead of "their" and things like that...

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Y this was my first year with english in school.
The speaking is A ok but the writing is hard...
Thank you for your understanding :)
You helped me out a few time alrdy haven't you.

Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English is one of the hardest languages to learn. It only seems easy to a lot of people --such as myself-- because we grew up speaking it.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do not worry about it you are learning the language very nicely; it is totally ok to misspell some words. I remember my first time learning English it was somewhat hard to learn and write, anyway after some time you will be doing as fine as everyone in here does, I am sure of that so until then do your best ok. :wink:

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dont worry about the spelling and your problems writing english as those of us who are not natural english speakers myself included. I was born in Canada to Portugese parents who naturally taught me Portugese first. They also taught me english later on before I went to school but that doesnt mean I didnt have some difficulty. So some of us understand completely and we will be happy to help you if you need some clarification on something.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since there seem to be no spell check in this board, what I could suggest is for you to actually re-read what you have just typed before you click the Submit button. Usually, you'd find one or two mistakes, and therefore you could correct them before posting it. Or if not, try to read after you post, and then edit if you found any mistakes. That would save time for others to understand your post.

But thank you for actually putting an effort of trying to speak better English. And one last thing, it's spelled "why" and not the letter "y" though they are pronounced the similarly. =)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
English is one of the hardest languages to learn. It only seems easy to a lot of people --such as myself-- because we grew up speaking it.

No, English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. "Y" is short for yes :) but i'll try avoiding shorts.
2. Iscalio yes i agree english is simple to speak and learn what the words mean,
but the writing is hard (i think every language is hard to write)

example :
-shut up => english
-zwijg => dutch

you see they are not really the same :p :)
+ i know a really cool word in english : "hybernation" ^^

Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:
Y this was my first year with english in school.
The speaking is A ok but the writing is hard...
Thank you for your understanding :)
You helped me out a few time alrdy haven't you.

I heard English was the hardest language to learn. As a native speaker, i think its also one of the stupidest languages. We have a bunch of different words that all mean the same thing...

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
guardian

fire archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i will apologize too because of my english because me too im a 14year old boy in a not english speaking region of the world but i pratice it 5 year at school . i dont think im so bad
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
No, English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn.

I think it depends on your linguistic background. I think some languages are going to be easier to learn than others (for example, a native Italian speaker could probably pick up French or Spanish very easily). It's even harder if you don't get exposed to that language when you are young - after 12 or so, we have a much harder time picking up and reproducing sounds.

Anyway, nanami-san, don't worry about it. English is a hard language to learn, but the good news is, the more you practice in it, the better you get - so the more you write and read, the better you'll become at doing both. ^_^ If you ever need someone to help you, well, I'm sure we have a couple Dutch or French speakers around here you can ask if you need help. ^_^; It's certainly not your place to apologize - just keep trying your best, and you'll do fine.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course it depends on the linguistic backgournd, as you put it. But as a matter of fact English is one of the easiest languages in the world - no declension, nearly no conjugation, only one sex for nomina, no capitalisation, easy grammar etc.

Quote:
I heard English was the hardest language to learn.

Just try to master Russian, Chinese, German or Hebrew for example and you'll learn just how absurd this statement is.

Quote:
We have a bunch of different words that all mean the same thing...

Do you really think that other languages do not have this characteristic? Of course they do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: