Suikoden Unique and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hall of Heroes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Hall of Heroes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just noticed something when I browsed Suikosource. Kiba's wounded speech was "I... I'm going to the Hall of Heroes!" Now I can sort of guess that Hall of Heroes is kind of like Hall of Fame in sports world. But I'm wondering on whether it is known that the Hall of Heroes is in Highland or Jowston.

And also .. who else is in the Hall of Heroes? If there's such information (though I doubt that there is).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it is just a saying, and I doubt well have any part of the game in the near future. They just needed Kiba to say something while dying. But truthfully, to see his unit get defeaed is hard enough. To get him dead is even more difficult. Knowing not many will see this, Konami just placed a random phrase there. After all, a lot of the transilation of Suikoden 2 are messed up, so maybe this is one of them...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Hall of Heroes" refers to some sort of mythical place, such as the "Halls of Valhalla" where dead valiant warriors to to after they die.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It must have had some sort of relevance halberdier. Otherwise it would've been just as easy to have him say "I've failed..." or something to do with failing Riou.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was more then likely a refrence to Valhalla like SARS said.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
"Hall of Heroes" refers to some sort of mythical place, such as the "Halls of Valhalla" where dead valiant warriors to to after they die.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer. At least now I know it's not like Hall of Fame in sports world :oops:

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems more like the one in Medieval (the game where you control Sir Daniel Fortesque (or his remains :D))

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not an actual place, and probably not even a widely held belief. Sure, KIba might believe in a hall of Heroes that he goes to when he dies. But then Lorelai also mentions a "goddess of luck" or a "goddess of victory" (depending on if you bring Killey to recruit her). She doesn't actually believe in these goddesses existence...she's just saying it.

Then there's Suikoden 3, where the translator decided that Christianity needed to be infused into the game. He added references to God and Satan that weren't in the original Japanese version.

Caesar says that Luc is "trying to kill God" in chapter 4 or 5 in reference to his trying to destroy a True Rune. Nothing like this is in the Japanese version.

The Zexen Knights boast that they could kill Satan, before the final battle at the Ceremonial Site, if you bring them all with Chris' party. This was not in the original either.

^Actual quote!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good subject here,Valhalla was often used by the Vikings when it's soldiers died in battle it is the word they used for Heaven believing that all hard fighting warrior's who die in combat go there, now as for a Hero's hall of fame why not create one here considering Kiba's long service record and what he has done during his service time he has my vote so does Teo Mcdohl what do you think Sars ad-minh do you like this idea i think it'll be huge with names flying in at record pace you could set standards for it and make catergories, like warriors, strategist,etc i'd even give Leon Silverberg nomination for induction it don't matter to me that he still lives he easily has contributed more than enough in my eyes too so he deserves getting in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always name the base Valhalla, a little morbed if you think about it though. Your war base shars the name with the strong hold of the dead.
Quote:

died in battle it is the word they used for Heaven

Actualy Odin or Thor took them there to fight in the apcolypes(Rang somthing) and only the best fighters were there. Only to die agian later :lol:

CLERKS
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ragnarok ^_~

^Actual quote!
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odin and Thor didn't bring the fallen valliant warriors, the Valkyries did. They were Odin's Shield Maidens, charged with delivering the dead to the Halls of Valhalla. There, they were to train, eat, drink, be merry, etc., until they were to fight the wolf, Fenrir, and his family, Loki and the giants. This is the Norse myth, anyway. I can honestly say that Kiba's Hall of Heroes is in reference to such a place, though not necesserily Valhalla.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Loki Stolt

The Einherjars

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The slain Einherjars (those killed in battle), were brought to TWO halls by the Valkarie, not just Odin’s Valhalla, but also Sessrumnir, Freya’s hall. Some women were also permitted into Sessrumnir. Also in norse mythology the mightiest stronghold wasn’t Valhalla, it was Asgard its self, Hiemdall guarded Bifrost, the only entrance. As soon as he blew him horn Gjallar, the mightiest gods would come to do battle. At Ragnarok, Loki was the leader, and he did bring the giants, but it was his family, not Fenrir’s, he was one of Loki’s two bastard sons, along with the Midgard Serpant Yormongandr. Loki’s daughter didn’t fight herself, though she sent the two headed demond hound and guardian of her hall, Garm, in her place, who manages to mortally wound the god of war, Tyr. (No neither Odin, nor Thor were the god of war.) Sorry for the necromancy, just I had to toss my imput into the Norse mythology factor.
Ormiss

Ashwind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though it's somewhat a matter of semantics, I would say that Surtur was/will be (hehe) the leader of the giants in Ragnarök. After he defeats Frey, it is by Surtur's fiery sword that the world perishes, in order to give rise to a new world from the ashes. Of course, I see by your name that you are proud of Loki's contributions, so I hope I do not offend. ;)
Loki Stolt

The Einherjars

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well yes, Surt lead the fire giants and set the nice worlds ablaze, but, could Surt have defeated him, if Freyr if he had his sword? Loki, Yormongandr, and Fenrir were all bound, and weren’t set free until Surt set sail, so yes, technically Loki didn’t lead them. So yes, Surt lead the fire giants and set the nine worlds ablaze, but could Surt have defeated him, if Freyr if he had his sword? Would Surt have survived Freyr, Heimdall, Tyr, Thor, and Odin if Loki and his children weren’t there? Would the world be/have been reborn, if Loki never killed Baldr? If at the twilight of the gods, Loki wasn’t there or even riding by the side Odin, would the doom of the gods have come? You didn’t offend me so worry not. And my friend, may I see you at Ragnarok, but by my side, and not skewed on my blade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: