Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fun with Gameshark

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Fun with Gameshark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been trying to experiment with Gameshark to try some new things in the older games and I was wondering if anyone knew of codes to enable Odessa and Ted later in the game. I've been working on a character database that lists the stas of each character at level 60 and they are the only two I'm missing for S1. I know you can't realistically ever get them to level 60, but for the sake of completionism I am going nuts trying to get them on the list.

I have not been able to find the enable codes myself, so I started a new game just to try some experience hacking to quick level them. If anyone who knows hacking and the hexidecimal system, what value should I put the experience modifier so that I can expect a gain of one level per battle? I tried setting Ted's expereince to 999, but he levels up to 99 after one battle and I don't want that. If I set it too low, he doesn't level up at all. If I set it too high, he goes all the way up. I need to find the magic number. I was thinking 500, but if someone who has a better grasp of the hex system knows of a better value, I would really appreciate the heads up.

BTW, does anyone know what 500 is in hexidecimal?

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you need to work out some Hexidecimal calculations you can always use the windows calculator. Type the number in decimal, then click on hexidecimal, and it should appear.

Anyway the Hex for 500 is 01F4
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always been meaning to give hacking a go but i do not really have the time to put into it! That is why i venture over to cmgsccc for all my code needs, i am sure the guys over there can sort you out.......but you already have been over there havent you!
Noke

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fun with Gameshark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
I've been working on a character database that lists the stas of each character at level 60 and they are the only two I'm missing for S1.

Have you seriously done that? Because that is exactly what I'm looking for! Could you please send it to me? I really need it for my game, see my post http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5144
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not normally consider using a Gameshart or its equivalent . I feel that this is really cheating and can spoil the game for you if there is no challenge . Although I am curious about the Solitary Rune from Suikoden 1 , but my principles prevent me from doing so . I have to admit though that I did use the Matilda trick . It is all part of the story that Ted and Odessa die and I wouldn't really want to have like walking zombies on my team anyway .

I did Hexadecimal in my computing class , I'm sure that I have my notes around here somewhere .

Although I would say that if you really wanted to have that completion with Ted and Odessa then you might just have to do it the old fashioned way . Someone else may know a quicker way though .
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Could you please send it to me?

Check your email.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Hugo, Gameshark does kind of spoil the game. I mean, Suikoden games aren't really that mind boggling.. why make it too easy (disgrace it?) using Gameshark?
Sorry, it's just that I was pissed off that a friend used Gameshark on his save and somehow duplicated Jowy from Suikoden II. During the final battles he had three Jowys on his party.. Well, when he went to Tenzan Pass the game froze though :twisted: hehh hehh.
He also used it so he had all the Stars, even Sigfried, Feather, and Abizboah (along with his family-- Rulodia and Chuchara). And he had both Valeria and Kasumi too. Thats just.. plain weird for me.
And he always had 999999 potch.. he said it was very useful before Luca Blight's battle(s) though.. he upgraded all the characters he needed in no time. :shock:
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo wrote:
I would not normally consider using a Gameshart or its equivalent . I feel that this is really cheating and can spoil the game for you if there is no challenge.
Well by what it looks like, wataru14 has already beaten the game before, and that this is just to find out how to get the character database completed. I think wataru14 knows it wont be a challenge, it's just a bit of messing around with hexidecimals.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, wataru14, did you end up getting those codes to work that I sent you over at CMX? How did they end up working for you? I never got the chance to experiment with them, but I assume they cause the game to glitch up at certain points, like when you want to remove them. Give a response, if you will, as to how they worked and if it provided any extra fun... I would agree that experimenting with weird little glitches and codes would not in any way ruin a game experience or make it less fun, because it is not like you are giving yourself 'Infinite Health' or Unlimited Items. I see no problem with trying out codes like this, as if you have finished the game multiple times before, it can be interesting to push the game to its limits, and do things that you really should not be doing...

I can post them here is someone else want them, but I was not the one who created them, but the site in question where they were made (the Codebreaker site) has had their forums erased numerous times in the past (they are fine now though.) and all of the rare Suikoden 1/2 codes were lost. If not for a saviour named Traz... No one else had saved the data, but luckily I did a long time ago. When I saw wataru's request for the codes, I noticed that no one had replied in weeks, so I tracked them down and posted them... There is a good topic made somewhere on this forum, which details the many strange glitches of Suikoden 1/2 and rare code effects on it. Heh, since it has been so long, I forget what it was called, and now with the numerous forums we have here, I do not know where it would be... There is some good discussion and insight into this sort of topic, so it would be worth finding if you are interested. Later.

-Traz.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I have certainly beaten the game before. Many times. I did eventually get the codes and I managed to get Ted and Odessa in my party. It was a very complicated process and someone over at the CMGSCCC forums just one day up and posted them in a request thread I made. This was done about a month after my inital request. I had stopped checking it, went back in for a larf and there they were, just posted the day before. Weird timing huh? SO I managed to complete my database for S1 and S4. I am up to the Highland Garrison Recon mission in S2. I actually had to creat a new save file for S1 after sharking Pesmerga down to level 1. Any other level would cause him to join my party at level 75, too high for my database. I lost a game right near the end. :( So now I'm probably going to Shark the whole crew into my group when I get my castle and then muck around with experience until I can get them all up to 60.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: